SexDollAmerica.com

New, relevant and user friendly designs for sex dolls/toys.

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!
dr_bokeh
Apprentice
Apprentice

New, relevant and user friendly designs for sex dolls/toys.

Post by dr_bokeh »

To whom it may concern:

I have been perplexed by so many designs of sex toys for a very, very long time. It seems like so many toys, and dolls are rarely made or
conceived with a user experience in mind. A prime example is the design of pocket vaginas or masturbaters. They either fall into the realm of cheap soft silicone/tpe/fanta flesh or a softer abrasive rubber, or they are stylishly designed but either really small, or thin. It's like the stylish masturbaters are only sold or catering to men with extremely small special purposes. Then there are the small torsos, busts, blow job heads, or other body portions. I often wonder who is behind these designs, so few seem to have the actual user in mind. It reminds me so much of street designs, looks good on a computer screen but in real life causes confusion, anger or complete bewilderment.

One of the things I've noticed about dolls, in particular, is the body designs, especially in respect to the proportions of the mid section verses the limbs, specifically the legs. For example the African doll from WM seems to have extraordinarily long legs below the knee. This is also true with their 136cm doll. It strikes me as a way to ad height, without adding body mass or weight. The torso of the doll is about the same as a 140cm doll, but because the legs below the knee are so much longer, this provides more height, but it's artificial and seems dishonest, even if the body is created as a new design. I was impressed with the thigh length of the silicone dolls designed by Z-onedoll, as the thighs were realistically longer than the leg below the knee, but to be fair and honest, the butts of these dolls leave something to be desired, compared to the WM dolls, or Sanhui, JM, and DS dolls whose hinde end designs seem more realistic and desireable.

Speaking or realism, I wonder about the physics or the design of the fun places between the legs of certain dolls. There are few which seem to get the proportions, and placement correct. Seriously, if a designer is going to go to all the trouble of designing a doll by creating a mold, skeleton, and everything else, you'd think they'd pay a little attention to the realistic placement of the hoohas'. I guess I'm perplexed by these designs, as they seem unrealistic, and how can I say, un-natural. I am not bragging, but when I was younger I had a voracious appetite for sex, and due to physical, intellectual, and social prowess I was able to, with a bit of effort, sleep with a couple hundred different partners. I've had anal sex with many of these women. I can tell from experience that I have never seen a woman's anus so far from their vagina. Too often in passionate thrusting it was hard not to put the purpose in the wrong place. With most dolls designs these days, I would bend the shit out of my pecker if I made the same mistake.

Anyways, to stop with the complaints or observations, and be part of the solution, I am curious how one gets into the design of such products. I'm fairly confident I could create designs of dolls, torsos, masterbators or other sex toys which would not only provide a substantial improvement on the design of these products, but in the end, increase the sales and profit for various companies and for most of the users here and elsewhere, provide a product which excells beyond their current expectations.

Best regards,

dr_bokeh
"The LARGE print giveth, while the small print taketh away!" -Tom Waits

Mr_Rabbit
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: New, relevant and user friendly designs for sex dolls/to

Post by Mr_Rabbit »

Just a couple things.
Masturbators: Have you ever tried a Fleshlight? Neither thin or small. They are well constructed, and if cleaned and stored properly, are very durable.
Dolls: I would have to guess the reason behind the distance between anal and vaginal opening is due to wanting a thicker material between the two. The skin between the two in a real woman is very thin. Either silicone or TPE would tear immediately the first time you used it.

Adventurer
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by Adventurer »

In terms of doll design, the unrealistic placement of entrances is probably also to improve function as well. A real woman can meet you half way by moving her body while a doll cannot. While it certainly looks better to have a realistic placement I think doll designers largely know what their doing at this point and are anticipating the complaints they'd get if their dolls were limited to a few positions because their orafices were inaccessible.
----
Kateryna & Vera (Zelex 170c and 172 SLE) review and photos: viewtopic.php?t=175212

My Sili Doll Sukiwaai review and pictures thread:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=81812

Willow- My SM 156c Silicone:
viewtopic.php?f=269&t=138708

Piper Doll Jessica:
viewtopic.php?f=387&t=131094

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

Yes, I agree this Hobby (if you want to call it that) has a ridiculous amount of useless Toys, In which I have purchased many of, wondering after my Purchase Why?, You wonder who was its intended user, why did they go though all the trouble of designing a thing that only someone with a penis the size of a Pencil can use, I guess one answer is that you do not have to go very far back when many of the products in this Hobby were intended as throw away Gag Gifts, using sub par materials, plastics/early TPE like skins/ etc. But in today's world this is no longer the case, Professional Quality/ Realistic, long lasting items can be manufactured out of TPE/TPR/Silicone etc. the days of Crap Sex Toys for Men needs to come to an End....

Procrasturbate
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Procrasturbate »

there are way too many vagina placement/ atomically correct threads in this forum to count. rather that starting another one ill list off most thread conclusions.

the space between vaginal opening an anus and the placement on a doll has a lot to do with the material between holes. if you see a doll with a wide taint, thats usually an older design to insure the man doesnt blast through the anus and end up in the vagina. the flesh on a woman on this area is very thin, but extremely resilient.

most doll companies have adjusted their entries to very close to where it is located on a woman, however the "tunnels" no longer run parallel they lead away from one another to avoid '1 big hole'. that downside to a unnatural tunnel is that depending on the position, it may end up pushing you out.

if 'girth is an issue that concerns you. get a doll with an insert, they come in different widths, and you can add rubber bands on them for a tighter experience.

Fleshlights normally handle .75" widths to 2.5" without issue. they also make tighter version for the long and thin man. Best part is, if you take care of them they last forever. ive had my original 3pack since 2003.

jonn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by jonn »

I agree it is annoying to not have realistic placement and angle of the vagina and anus (and mouth/throat too!) but I have come to understand some of the reasons they are how they are. Usability and durability, as said above.

As far as silly things that doll manufacturers do, my pet peeve is the lack of vagina insert texture options. Long before I took sex dolls seriously, I was enjoying endless variety with Fleshlights and high-end onaholes, all of which come with many texture options and cross-section photos showing the textures. So when I started planning to order my first expensive sex doll I was disappointed to find out how unimportant the textures are to doll manufacturers. All that variety I had been taking for granted simply does not exist in the world of TPE and silicone dolls. To this day, I remember seeing exactly one cross-section photo of a doll's fun hole (it was a WM insert). WM eventually made a couple wider versions of their insert, but as far as I can tell it is the same or very similar texture on a different diameter hole. I'd love to see an established sex toy maker like ILF, LLC (makers of Fleshlight) partner with a doll manufacturer and release a full line of different inserts.
Procrasturbate wrote:Fleshlights normally handle .75" widths to 2.5" without issue. they also make tighter version for the long and thin man. Best part is, if you take care of them they last forever. ive had my original 3pack since 2003.
Yes, Fleshlights are fantastic products. My oldest is an Ice (translucent) Wonder Wave from around 2008 and it is still in great condition. My favorite thing about Fleshlight is that they are one of very few toys that I can't bottom-out in.

secretagentman

Post by secretagentman »

This practice isn't reserved only to adult toys or dolls. Many thing coming from Asia lack R&D where manufacturing blueprints already exist and there's no need to change - or not fiscally possible to change. These huge factories serve multiple brands all selling the same product. It's purely economy of scale, with the focus on economy.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

If you want a job designing sex dolls, move to China.
If you want to manufacture sex dolls, you can do that anywhere.
There are only a few makers in the US and they appear to have their act together and may not be hiring?
You could always try to buy Ruby13 dolls as they are selling their operation.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

INFORMATIONS