SexDollAmerica.com

Be aware of your GPS meta-data in images

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!
m00zes
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Be aware of your GPS meta-data in images

Post by m00zes »

Might i ask what the big fuss is about? So they have the location where the picture is taken ... it's not like people are going to break in and steal your doll.

For anonymity, it says more about the person who looks up the GPS location. What if it's someone you know ... well that means he dwells this forum too, means you can hang out together because you have something in common :)

Or am i missing something here?

AlexaTilbrook
Ex-Member

Post by AlexaTilbrook »

m00zes wrote:Might i ask what the big fuss is about? So they have the location where the picture is taken ... it's not like people are going to break in and steal your doll.

For anonymity, it says more about the person who looks up the GPS location. What if it's someone you know ... well that means he dwells this forum too, means you can hang out together because you have something in common :)

Or am i missing something here?
Well mostly there are people here who have reasons not to include such metadata in their images. While most really don't care about it, but some of us do. In the US, doll ownership is seen as a deviant behavior that must be treated like an illness. And there are people who run crusades to silence this at all costs. I decline to disclose that, Google is your friend on this one.

For our safety, this is why some of us (me included) refuse to include location metadata in our photos.

HTH.

But I do have a friend in common who is a TDF member, that person lives right down the street from me. But we don't put GPS metadata in our photos of our dolls. Never ever. The reason why we both share the same idea for the same reason.

And yes, GPS metadata led a doll hater to a TDF member's place and his doll got killed in a sense. I can't remember to whom it happened or when it happened but this is why we agreed as a doll lover community to not include such metadata.

NB: I only allow certain apps access to the Location permission in Android. Those are:
  • MITS Time (Bus Schedule and Locator for Muncie Indiana Transit Systems)
  • Google Now
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
And that's basically it. Android Marshmallow (6.0.1) and later allows you to fine-tune these permissions per app. Prior Android versions required rooting to grant or revoke permissions.
MDBG

73 de KI5JYD

NeedWaifu

Post by NeedWaifu »

Photos have GPS in them? Wow, thats some hardcore..
Wanted doll features - Pussy to mouth 80cm lenght - High quality eyes - Magnetic faces

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

NeedWaifu wrote:Photos have GPS in them? Wow, thats some hardcore..
Depending on your device. Best take a look to the menu and settings.

- SF -

SynthetikReality95
Ex-Member

Be aware of your GPS meta-data in images

Post by SynthetikReality95 »

AlexaTilbrook wrote:
m00zes wrote: But I do have a friend in common who is a TDF member, that person lives right down the street from me. But we don't put GPS metadata in our photos of our dolls. Never ever. The reason why we both share the same idea for the same reason.

And yes, GPS metadata led a doll hater to a TDF member's place and his doll got killed in a sense. I can't remember to whom it happened or when it happened but this is why we agreed as a doll lover community to not include such metadata.
Who the fuck came here just to track down doll lovers? That's such a strong and involved hatred, it's basically terrorism...

I hope the doll owner was armed and killed the piece of shit that did it, that would be a justified homicide in my book, and if anyone fucked with my dolls, I would track em down and make their last day worse than the Hell i send em to. Just saying.

roost 940
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by roost 940 »

ok I'm confused now lol. So what is meta data and how does someone see it from a picture. I understand GPS but didn't know it could be seen other than when its added to a tag on Facebook or Twitter or some of the other social media BS sites.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

roost 940 wrote:ok I'm confused now lol. So what is meta data and how does someone see it from a picture. I understand GPS but didn't know it could be seen other than when its added to a tag on Facebook or Twitter or some of the other social media BS sites.
An image file has, besides the image itself, a lot of data about the image in it.

Most image viewers show this data when you go to 'properties'. Also, on Windows you can see this data when going to file properties.
Meta data often shows the camera brand and model, lens, camera settings, date/time, software used, copyrights, much more, and also GPS data if available.
If you don't want GPS data, disable this at your camera, or remove it afterwards. Windows can do this for you. You may remove all meta data or only GPS data.
How to do this on Apple devices or Android, I don't know, ask others ;)

Juju_Beat
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Juju_Beat »

Wow - I honestly was not aware that a photo contained GPS data. I will definitely keep this in mind when my newbie privilege is lifted. Thank you for the tip.

Mondoon
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mondoon »

It's been a while since this topic was in the list so I thought I'd re-introduce it to make members aware of this data in images.
"Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey" - John Lennon

Super Softy Monkey Team Doll Force Go !!

Hanna's Thread
Hanna's Album
Hanna's CoverDoll Shoot

cptchris

Post by cptchris »

Thanks for the wakeup call. I just stripped EXIF info out of my photos and reuploaded.
My beautiful dolls
Gemma WM157B with head #57: at The Doll Album
Angel WM155G with head #36: at The Doll Album
Rachel KimberDoll with head WM#57: at The Doll Album

2fkay5
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by 2fkay5 »

I definitely think more people should be made more aware of this, it is a serious security/privacy issue. Btw the method I use to remove this data from photos on Windows, which you can do if you're a little computer savvy, is to download a program called ExifTool, make a .bat file with the below contents and then just drag an image over it:

e:\Software\ExifTool\exiftool -gps:all= -overwrite_original %1
if "%ERRORLEVEL%" == "1" pause

Tsall
Server Admin
Server Admin

Post by Tsall »

I would remove all meta data. I've seen real names in meta data because the person added this into his camera. Or serial numbers from the camera or lens.

Code: Select all

exiftool -all=
Warning: The parameter "-overwrite_original" in 2fkay5's command line prevents creating a backup copy. So if you want the GPS data for yourself remove that option or create a copy before executing that command.
Mara (Dreamdoll Tania) - holiday trip (outdoor photos) and introduction
Lucia (Passiondolls 160cm Muscle Doll) - introduction and photos
Keira (Phicen Arhian Pirate) - outdoor adventures

Tommo10
UK FORUM
UK FORUM

Post by Tommo10 »

Thanks for this topic.
I wasn't aware of GPS information and just checked my camera manual, I believe GPS unit is available separately for my camera...... Wow, Panic Over !
See The Girls Main Photo Thread In Eye Candy:- viewtopic.php?f=11&t=125051
Instagram:- We are on Instagram as @victoria_ash10. https://www.instagram.com/victoria_ash10/
Twitter 'X':- https://twitter.com/Victori18624401?t=a ... _9cag&s=09
Facebook:- https://www.facebook.com/victoria.ash.1257
UK Love Doll Forum:- https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/home.php

Doll life is rather good, make the most of it, You only live once.

ranger42
CoverDoll Staff
CoverDoll Staff

Post by ranger42 »

GPS is something to watch but it is not the only thing there, things like camera serial number can also be included.
If you use the same camera for photos of other subjects and you share those more widely, something like that could allow different online identities to be connected.
I use "exiftool -all= filename.jpg" to clear everything before posting just to be sure.
My Girls - WM140D #36 #188, WM163C #74 #188 #173: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=102752
Leah in Coverdoll, Isabelle

engineer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by engineer »

Thank you for advice. We don't even think about the GPS data and other image additions these days.

INFORMATIONS