yldoll.com

YL & WM dolls have defective wrists due to new Jinsan skeleton update.

YLDoll is doll manufacturer based in China. Since 2013 we have been creating life size dolls made of thermoplastic elastomer known as TPE. The dolls are incredibly soft to the touch and when powdered feel very similar to human skin. These dolls are anatomically correct but can be used for other purposes besides sexual such as companions, film props, mannequins or decoration. Our dolls are very flexible and poseable by using stainless steel skeleton designs. Our team consists of excellent designers and production workers to provide excellent before and after-sale service. All materials comply with the National Health & Safety Standards which is harmless to humans and is environmental friendly. We offer OEM service!
Calvin42
Apprentice
Apprentice

YL & WM dolls have defective wrists due to new Jinsan skeleton update.

Post by Calvin42 »

Topic: All of the WM and YL dolls now have wrist issues causing the TPE to look twisted when the wrist is rotated. (see pictures below)

Reason for my post: I am hoping that, by bringing this issue to light, Jinsan may decide to fix the problem.

Two years ago, I purchased the YL148cm D body with a WM Rei head. Unfortunately, due to an unknown reason, the TPE around both hands began to dissolve 6 months after she was purchased. So, I decided to purchase a replacement body incase the issue got worse.

When I took the replacement doll body out of the box, I immediately noticed there was an issue with her wrists. When the wrists were turned, the TPE bunched up and looked twisted. Both wrists had the same issue, but one wrist was worse than the other. Thinking the doll was sent with defective wrists, I notified my doll handler who contacted his YL representative.

At first, the YL representative believed the problem was my fault, and that I had somehow broken the wrists by bending them too far. After four months of back-and-forth communication, the YL representative agreed that the wrist issue was not my fault, but then also said that the issue was not a “defect.” He told my doll handler that Jinsan had updated all of their doll skeletons, and that the wrist issue was “just the way the new skeleton is.” Because of this, the YL representative did not see my issue as a defect, and nothing would be done about it.

My doll handler then talked to a client of his who had the same issue with a new WM doll. I was then told that the wrist issue is “the same across the board with ALL Jinsan skeletons.” My doll handler did point out to the YL representative that the skeleton’s change was not an upgrade, and shouldn’t be treated as such. As far as I know, nothing else has been said or done.

About my doll: Her name is Rei, and she is my therapy doll. She is a wonderful part of my life. Everyone close to me, family and friends, know her… one of my friends even borrows her clothes. Rei has been such a joy for me that I am hoping Jinsan decides to fix their “not a defect” wrist design so I can buy another replacement body. YL creates amazing dolls. I spent months looking for the doll I have, and my second choice was also a YL doll. I am crossing fingers that they fix it.

Attachments
Out Of Box.png
Out Of Box.png (1002.91 KiB) Viewed 638 times
compare.png
compare.png (3.29 MiB) Viewed 638 times
factory doll .png
factory doll .png (937.12 KiB) Viewed 638 times
Video sent by YL Rep.mp4
(18.45 MiB) Downloaded 18 times

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: YL & WM dolls have defective wrists due to new Jinsan skeleton update.

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi there, at the risk of asking a daft question, are you sure that the wrist hasn't been rotated around too far? I just checked 2 of my newest Jinsan gals and their wrists don't look anything like that. They are around 11 and 7 months old respectively and as you can see from the attached pics they don't have that same issue. Now they do have the articulated hand version that proceeded the V3 ball jointed option but I'd be really surprised if the different palm plate assembly would cause this but as I don't have a gal with V3 hands I can't say for sure. I'm trying to think why they would do this and all I can come up with is that they have been rotated around too far. The actual rotation occurs further up the forearm where the hand plate assembly and threaded rod is attached to a tube section that's secured with a couple of nuts, maybe there's an issue there? Hopefully someone else can chime in who also has a doll with the V3 hands.
Attachments
IMG20240322175635.jpg
IMG20240322175635.jpg (2.62 MiB) Viewed 608 times
IMG20240322175519.jpg
IMG20240322175519.jpg (3.29 MiB) Viewed 608 times

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Well having just watched that video clip certainly there's something wrong there and it does look like the rotation is occurring at the wrist and not further up the forearm like it always has done before. If this is a feature of the V3 hand design then it certainly needs to be flagged up but personally I still think there's a fault here somewhere, surely that can't be how the V3 hands are supposed to look when rotated? Hopefully someone from Jinsan/YL will chime in as well as any V3 hand owners?

ColColt
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ColColt »

This needs to be addressed. Lots of folks looking for an answer.

Master Dali
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Master Dali »

I assisted Calvin42 with his order. When this issue was brought to my attention I contacted Eric at YL and had several back and forth emails about this. In the communication I was provided a video on how to "fix" the issue, which obviously doesn't work; I also attempted the "fix" on my new WM with no success. The final conclusion was- this is a skeleton update and it's a non issue, any replacement would result in the same thing happening. I explained to Eric that I don't know why they would replace a skeleton and be okay with an issue that makes something unsightly. If you're using the doll for photos you're basically screwed if you have any hand shots with the wrist twisted. Anyway...

I just received my WM 166cm (03/20/24) and noticed the same issue. I have a couple older WM dolls and the wrists are just fine. These photos were taken when I opened the box and she's sitting.
20240322_214033.jpg
20240322_214033.jpg (665.2 KiB) Viewed 439 times
20240322_214028.jpg
20240322_214028.jpg (787.73 KiB) Viewed 439 times

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Good lord, so it would appear that this is indeed an issue with the latest version of the palm plate with ball jointed articulated hands? I can only assume, without having one myself, that the wrist rotation is indeed right at the wrist and not further along the forearm as has been the case for several years. I know this has been an issue with a couple of other brands and I have one here actually but all my Jinsan gals, right up to the newest from last summer, still have the older skeleton design without the unsightly twisting of the tpe. This seems to be a significant departure from what we have had previously and I'm really surprised to see them go this way. I think that it's still possible to request V2 articulated hands, well it was the last time I looked but it's difficult to see what could be done to 'fix' this on a brand new doll.

Master Dali
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Master Dali »

Arthur1960 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:09 am Good lord, so it would appear that this is indeed an issue with the latest version of the palm plate with ball jointed articulated hands? I can only assume, without having one myself, that the wrist rotation is indeed right at the wrist and not further along the forearm as has been the case for several years. I know this has been an issue with a couple of other brands and I have one here actually but all my Jinsan gals, right up to the newest from last summer, still have the older skeleton design without the unsightly twisting of the tpe. This seems to be a significant departure from what we have had previously and I'm really surprised to see them go this way. I think that it's still possible to request V2 articulated hands, well it was the last time I looked but it's difficult to see what could be done to 'fix' this on a brand new doll.
I did request a replacement for Calvin42 using the older skeleton but the request was denied.

Duke777Atriedes

Post by Duke777Atriedes »

I just ordered a new doll and it is arriving tomorrow. It is a WM. I'll let you all know the status of my doll's wrist. Based on the photos it seems that the makers want the new neutral position for the wrists to not be with the hands on the sides, turned inward towards the thighs but like she is presenting her hands for a manicure position.

ColColt
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ColColt »

Does this mean you can't bend her hand at the wrist like in holding hands?

jbird1980
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jbird1980 »

Is this new skeleton/design inside the new Angel Kiss dolls, as well?

ParadiseCity
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by ParadiseCity »

Sorry Jinsan, but this just isnt good enough. And for me personally, a serious enough reason not to purchase one of your brands. I really cant understand why any manufacturer would go to all the effort of designing and crafting a beautiful range of dolls, only to stuff it up by taking a step backwards with issues like this and the notorious vaginal plug issues.

jbird1980
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jbird1980 »

And I was Seriously about to order that bad azz 164J TPE girl… lol

Pussy69
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pussy69 »

Yeah both of my YL158 girls have this awkward wrists. I thought it was just how the new 3.0 hand skeleton was designed, but yeah they need to improve on that bc it’s actually pretty thin in that area and the TPE could get torn. For now I just twist their hand till it evens out the wrists although it looks janky.
Irontech 160cm H-cup Review viewtopic.php?t=167483
Doll's Castle 150cm K-cup Review viewtopic.php?p=2415314#p2415314
6Ye 161cm J-cup Review viewtopic.php?p=2442140#p2442140
YL Doll 158cm I-cup Review viewtopic.php?p=2481808#p2481808
Get beautiful dolls with great discounts & affordable promotions here @ https://betterlovedoll.com/sales

terabyte
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by terabyte »

Had the same issue with my YL153, the wrist would just spin freely past a certain point. I contacted the vendor, they contacted the factory, I had to cut into arm and tighten 2 nuts to get it wrist to rotate properly with tension and not bunch the TPE up. Haven't had an issue with my new WM doll so far.

Pussy69
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pussy69 »

I don't think its defective considering every YL doll made has this. Its just poorly designed compared to other dolls out there.
Irontech 160cm H-cup Review viewtopic.php?t=167483
Doll's Castle 150cm K-cup Review viewtopic.php?p=2415314#p2415314
6Ye 161cm J-cup Review viewtopic.php?p=2442140#p2442140
YL Doll 158cm I-cup Review viewtopic.php?p=2481808#p2481808
Get beautiful dolls with great discounts & affordable promotions here @ https://betterlovedoll.com/sales

INFORMATIONS