www.wmdolls.com

Powder Streaking

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
ColColt
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Powder Streaking

Post by ColColt »

Today I gave Bella a good cleaning, drying naturally and then by fan for a while. I then started powdering her but some areas just don't look right. The powder is not going on smooth and leaves streaking as shown.

did I do something wrong? I don't know what if so.
Attachments
_1DF5547a.jpg
_1DF5547a.jpg (456.65 KiB) Viewed 2042 times
_1DF5546a.jpg
_1DF5546a.jpg (469.67 KiB) Viewed 2042 times

Nord
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Powder Streaking

Post by Nord »

Too much powder. How do you apply it? I recommend using a makeup brush. Dip it carefully into the cornstarch, then apply and brush it over the TPE, bit by bit. Don't pick up too much powder at once, but take your time with less and brush it around until there's no more than what has actually sticked to the TPE.

It is however harder to apply it evenly on dolls with darker skin tones. I've seen some use colored powder to make it match better, but then it can stain light colored and white clothes and sheets instead, so I'm not sure I'd recommend that.
Aio - Sanhui 160cm AIO "Nonoka"
Rei - WM 140cm D-cup #39 & #53
Nymph - DH168 80cm "Shiori"
Ku - DS Ex Lite 163cm "Kayla"
Elva & Alva - 6Ye 65cm #M5 "Mina"

DonKeydick
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by DonKeydick »

Julia has quite tan skin and I had this problem at first. Now I use a regular 2 in. paintbrush with soft bristles and a bowl to put the baby powder in. Just dip brush in powder and paint it on. Keep brushing until you leave just a surface coat. Do just one area at a time and the more you brush it in the more evenly it applies. You also use very little powder doing it this way. I tried corn starch but found it to be more streaky than baby powder. A makeup brush works great too but takes forever the larger brush will let you do a complete powdering in about 10 minutes.
"The More Complex the Mind, the Greater the Need for the Simplicity of Play" James T. Kirk "Shore Leave"
A photographic journey of a young womans blossoming into a beautiful creature.How Julia Spends Her Day
Julia`s welcome page. Hello Ladies
Gabby`s welcome page. Buongiorno America
My Cousin Gabby`s thread. My Cousin Gabby
Anna Belle`s rants. Anna Belle
Link to International Intrigue Bad News From Italy
My Favorite Song Green Eyed Lady by Sugarloaf
"Making DollsBook Great"

ColColt
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ColColt »

I normally use the pump spray bottle included with the Care kit sent with the makeup pad. Today I tried putting some powder in a small container and using a soft brush instead. The pump sprayer doesn't distribute much so tried this. That may have been a mistake. I don't have a makeup brush but tomorrow I will.

I have a small paint brush but primarily now I'm wanting to get that powder smoothed out more. I don't like the way it looks and don't know if I ought to wash it off, dry and start over.

I washed the other girl last week and didn't have this problem.

Zippy81
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Zippy81 »

This brush is your friend! Its super soft. It may seem a bit pricey for a makeup brush but its well worth it. As with anything the quality of the tools you use will show in the result. :D

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IH ... UTF8&psc=1

What I do is dip it into the container of corn starch then tilt the brush sideward and give it a firm tap to knock off the excess powder back into the container. Then instead of using a painting motion to distribute the powder I do downward dabbing/patting motions. Reason being the brush will pick up the excesses and allow you to redistribute the powder elsewhere so you don't end up using to much in one area and because you aren't using wipe motions there wont be streaked areas. It does take longer to do this method but it feels and looks amazing.

ColColt
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ColColt »

I got a makeup brush yesterday-$12!! soft and about an inch and a half wide. I'll try and follow that method as now I'm using a pump type spray bottle with the powder in it I got from RLSD.

I had streaks and blotches using the pad that came with the powder I got on Bella(my avatar) who is a tanned girl and you can really see the powder streaks.

Zippy81
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Zippy81 »

ColColt wrote:I got a makeup brush yesterday-$12!! soft and about an inch and a half wide. I'll try and follow that method as now I'm using a pump type spray bottle with the powder in it I got from RLSD.

I had streaks and blotches using the pad that came with the powder I got on Bella who is a tanned girl and you can really see the powder streaks.
Nice :) the one I posted is only $7 and 2.2" wide :P But yea give it a try with the brush you bought for sure! And if you find you are still getting areas like you had in the picture just use a damp soft microfiber towel (just wet with water and ring it out) and wipe off that specific area let it air dry a few minutes and repowder.

ColColt
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ColColt »

I guess by her being tanned it shows much more than a "Fair" girl will. She's actually darker than the avatar shows.

Zippy81
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Zippy81 »

ColColt wrote:I guess by her being tanned it shows much more than a "Fair" girl will. She's actually darker than the avatar shows.
Yup mine is also tan colored. :)

ColColt
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ColColt »

They photograph different than they look to the naked eye, I've found. Bella is definitely darker(more cocoa) than this.
Attachments
_1DF5369a.jpg
_1DF5369a.jpg (723.66 KiB) Viewed 1889 times

Zippy81
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Zippy81 »

Yea I think the tan looks amazing in photographs thats one of the reasons I chose that color personally.

ColColt
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ColColt »

Yep-me too. I was a bit disappointed she was much darker when I got her out of the box. I have to wonder what a Fair girl looks like .

Zippy81
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Zippy81 »

Here's a nice thread of a fair skin tone 168 E.
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 79&t=90808

I think the fair skin tone can look gorgeous but allot depends on the body model and the makeup color saturation levels and of course lighting. Sometimes the fair tone can look washed out and almost sickly.

ColColt
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ColColt »

Fair is not bad and almost like many gals I've known before. The "White" is ghostly to me.

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Trick of the light with photos. I've taken multiple photos of things all in the same time frame, one may end up lighter or darker than others. But then I just use a phone.
For the powder on her bum? give her a spanking :) I find soft gloves help when applying powder, gently rub around.

INFORMATIONS