www.wmdolls.com

TPE Toxicity/allergy

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
briwri01

Re: TPE Toxicity/allergy

Post by briwri01 »

Interesting observations, especially since most of the really negative comments seem to center around WM dolls. I got my first doll... WM 158A - almost two years ago, and after the first week or so started to have the most amazing rash, and eventually ulcerations on my arms where they wrapped around her. Ended up with antibiotics, prednisone, et al. Honestly thought I had Shingles or something! I've really washed her diligently since then, and after a few minor relapses I haven't had any problems. Never did notice a strong smell, though.
Recently got an SM 163A. No smell I could discern at all when she arrived, washed her completely, and to date have had no issues at all. She doesn't seem to ooze or seep anything, even without recent powdering her skin is not tacky and clingy... hard to draw a conclusion from only two dolls, but so far in my experience SM is a far friendlier chemical blend!
Once a Sailor, always a Sailor

Lives with Shelby WM 158-A
Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14865

Viquinox
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Viquinox »

Thanks for all the replies. ive noticed that my nose is especially dry after interacting with the doll; it really dries out my nasal cavities. as suggested, washed many times (kept to the newlywed guide) but to no real success so far. I feel the smell is less strong, but im not chancing sleeping in the same room yet because i need to be healthy during the day

Robert Lloyd
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Robert Lloyd »

I often wonder if some of the TPE smells are due to a blend being reused TPE. We know TPE can be melted and reformed into new products. Is it possible that dolls that are original TPE don't have anywhere near the smell/allergy issues of reformulated TPE? I'm not an expert by any means--just throwing out an idea.

BWheeler1
Former Member

Post by BWheeler1 »

I don't know, I've melted and reused TPE in a Teflon pot and replaced sections of my 140 and I didn't notice any strong TPE smell. Sure, there was a slight odor for a couple of days, but nothing bad. And even then, I didn't really smell it unless I got right up to it. I would guess it would be more a matter of whatever in the TPE mix that causes the smell being more prevalent in the mix of dolls that have the excessive odor.

Edit:. Now, if you burn TPE while melting it by using too high heat, it stinks like hell. I mean BAD. But that's a different smell than the excess TPE smell we're talking about here.

INFORMATIONS