www.wmdolls.com

The Tan skin tone photos vs actual real life.

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
Dolllover2019

The Tan skin tone photos vs actual real life.

Post by Dolllover2019 »

I recently ordered a Tan skin tone 166cm, inspired by the jet black hair brunette #159 face with the heavy black makeup that has been in a lot of Vendor product pages.
All the photos and glamour shots of the Tan skin looks amazing.
I seen some post production factory photos though of the Tan skin, and it looks really dark?
I am a little worried that the Tan skin tone might seem much darker in real life compared to the well shot and well lit professional photos.

Considering changing to a shade lighter with the medium tone. I don't know.
Anyone have an opinion on the matter? Cheers!

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: The Tan skin tone photos vs actual real life.

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi, well I recently got a WM166C/273 with the darker tan skin tone and whilst she appears slightly darker than my light tan ladies it's not a massive difference. Her name is Magda if you want to check her thread. I've posted pics done with all sort of lighting, from indoor natural to outdoors and inside with soft light boxes so you should get a good idea of what to expect.

Dolllover2019

Post by Dolllover2019 »

Arthur1960 wrote:Hi, well I recently got a WM166C/273 with the darker tan skin tone and whilst she appears slightly darker than my light tan ladies it's not a massive difference. Her name is Magda if you want to check her thread. I've posted pics done with all sort of lighting, from indoor natural to outdoors and inside with soft light boxes so you should get a good idea of what to expect.
Ok awesome thanks!

Dolllover2019

Post by Dolllover2019 »

Arthur1960 wrote:Hi, well I recently got a WM166C/273 with the darker tan skin tone and whilst she appears slightly darker than my light tan ladies it's not a massive difference. Her name is Magda if you want to check her thread. I've posted pics done with all sort of lighting, from indoor natural to outdoors and inside with soft light boxes so you should get a good idea of what to expect.
Ok the Tan skin tone on Magda is so versatile in different settings. Love the photos of Magda with the long black hair. The skin tone looks so life like, an then the one immediate below with the short blonde hair is amazing. Sometimes she looks darker and sometimes she doesn't look tan at all. Really beautiful!
I like the Michelle Rodriguez comparison. Who doesn't love Michelle Rodriguez right? :D

Dolllover2019

Post by Dolllover2019 »

Is your Kieko considered a medium skin tone? A shade above Magda's?

Panther68
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Panther68 »

Agreed with Arthur, I too have a WM 166 with tan tone. It is dark but not as much as some of my others. Here is a photo of all my newest dolls. Irontech 163, brown tone, WM 166, tan, AS 168 Light tan, and SY 164, bronze.
Attachments
IMG_0220.JPG
IMG_0220.JPG (1.25 MiB) Viewed 3895 times

Dolllover2019

Post by Dolllover2019 »

Panther68 wrote:Agreed with Arthur, I too have a WM 166 with tan tone. It is dark but not as much as some of my others. Here is a photo of all my newest dolls. Irontech 163, brown tone, WM 166, tan, AS 168 Light tan, and SY 164, bronze.
Ok yes that definitely looks like a healthy vibrant Tan! Not too dark, very pleasing to the eye!
I see why WM's studio photos are using a lot of the Tan skin tone, it really looks natural and realistic.

Panther68
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Panther68 »

Dolllover2019 wrote:
Panther68 wrote:Agreed with Arthur, I too have a WM 166 with tan tone. It is dark but not as much as some of my others. Here is a photo of all my newest dolls. Irontech 163, brown tone, WM 166, tan, AS 168 Light tan, and SY 164, bronze.
Ok yes that definitely looks like a healthy vibrant Tan! Not too dark, very pleasing to the eye!
I see why WM's studio photos are using a lot of the Tan skin tone, it really looks natural and realistic.
You won't be disappointed. Lighting makes a hugh difference as that photo was taken with a flash. So even my SY 164 doll that looks so dark, can look much lighter in natural lighting.
Attachments
IMG_0217.JPG
IMG_0217.JPG (427.82 KiB) Viewed 3873 times
FaceApp_1549565603009.jpg
FaceApp_1549565603009.jpg (284.65 KiB) Viewed 3873 times
IMG_0212.JPG
IMG_0212.JPG (611.58 KiB) Viewed 3873 times
IMG_0211.JPG
IMG_0211.JPG (568.18 KiB) Viewed 3873 times

Dolllover2019

Post by Dolllover2019 »

You won't be disappointed. Lighting makes a hugh difference as that photo was taken with a flash. So even my SY 164 doll that looks so dark, can look much lighter in natural lighting.[/quote]

Right the lighting. But that is actually one of my concerns. If the photos are making the dolls look lighter in skin tone and the photos we all agree are amazing. I'm scared in real life will the dolls look much darker, thereby receiving a product that is darker than expected.

Dolllover2019

Post by Dolllover2019 »

For example this photo from Mando. I believe he wrote this is a lighter Tan? Maybe the medium tone? For the more Norwegian kind of look. I like this quite alot.
Attachments
HH472.jpg
HH472.jpg (172.13 KiB) Viewed 3851 times

Panther68
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Panther68 »

Then you are fine. Remember, all these dolls are made in China. To a Chinese person, fair or natural is much lighter then to us Western Europeans, Americans. I live in San Francisco. We have a lot of Chinese people here. They make a huge effort not to have sunshine on them and stay "fair" skin.

smallcat
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by smallcat »

Skin tones give me a headache... Best way to see is, factory photos, most factory photos will give you a idea what it really looks like without any fancy photo sets. Hopefully theres no filter on their phones...

Tan in silicone is another headache...

High Country

Post by High Country »

^ I already asked Mandos about the Snow Bunny model's tone. It is "tan", not medium. He added that this one is the normal tan, where as his first 166C body he had requested to be an extra-dark tan, although technically they are both WM "tan".

Have you checked with your vendor to see if it is still possible to change your order? If it is too late, you may as well just relax and know you are for sure going to have a beautiful doll.

If it isn't too late, and you are trying to decide whether to change the order or not, I can share that I almost drove myself crazy trying to make up my mind on the same issue.

I found quite a few older threads discussing the topic that I read repeatedly for clues. The best I can bottom-line what I learned from reading over looking at pictures, was guys advising that if you want a latina or mediterranean type tone go Tan; if you want a tanned-caucasian tone go medium, which is what I did. Still awaiting delivery.

I also ordered sample WM TPE in both medium and tan to help make up my mind. The samples really support the feedback above that the two tones are not terribly different, and both are beautiful.

One last tip. Go to RLSD and shop all the "named" Jinsan dolls you can order. They tell you in the description which skin tone the model in the picture has. 90% of them are tan, and as you have already seen, it is crazy how different they can look in different light. But then seek out the 10% or so that are actually Medium. Here is an example of one of the few photo sets of Medium, there are others:

https://reallovesexdolls.com/5ft3-162cm-b-cup-astra/

Or this one; was key in my own decision to go Medium - that tone against this yellow top knocks me out:

https://reallovesexdolls.com/141cm-rlsd-f-cup-zoe/

Dolllover2019

Post by Dolllover2019 »

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I am working with a vendor that's been really communicative and the order was just set today. Yea, I'm not gonna let a minute difference in skin tone keep me up at night. The vendor is going to send me factory photos for the two skin tones, as mentioned above, and I'll just go with it.

Dolllover2019

Post by Dolllover2019 »

A Latina or a tanned Caucasian. Damn I want both. Lol!

INFORMATIONS