www.wmdolls.com

Loose Joints requested for the WM 166cm, seeking opinions.

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
Dolllover2019

Loose Joints requested for the WM 166cm, seeking opinions.

Post by Dolllover2019 »

Hey Guys. So I ordered a WM 166cm as I mentioned in my other thread about the Tan vs Medium. Anyways, another thing I liked to get you guys knowledgeable opinion on is I requested that my WM Doll to have LOOSE JOINTS.
I was really interested in the Loose Joints feature a few years ago when I was perusing DSDOLLS, but I could not make the commitment to buy at that time.
Most of you probably seen the DSDOLLS video demonstrations of their Loose(soft) Joints videos. The DSDOLLS loose joints are really loose, like they are literally limp. It turned me on LOL :roll:

Here a video link for the DSDOLL demo below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFclebYUSjA

And I also felt the doll may be easier to handle that way, as realistically in my situation I won't be using my doll for much photographic purposes. Mainly she will be 1. resting on a Chair all day, 2. laying in Bed all night, or 3. being suspended with the neck hook in a closet if I have company over.

Now that I'm able to buy a doll, but DSDOLL is still too expensive for me. So I inquired with YL DOLL sales office directly if they can do loose joints and they replied with this:
"""Yes,we can loosen the joints a little, but not too much.Otherwise the doll has no support.""" ADA from the YL Dolls sales office by the way is a great communicator, unfortunately my heart settled on a WM. I did not ask WM if they can do a loose or loosier joints but I don't see that as being a problem since both dolls share a lot of the same skeleton? And my current Vendor did not say it would be a problem either.

So I'm curious what you guys out there think about the real life practicality of requesting loose or slightly looser joints, for me the looser the better, even going limp. :P
And if you guys foresee any potential problems this poses for the doll as far as functionality and damage issues.

Oh yea and I remember years ago asking 6ye the same question. They actually replied they can make the joints just as loose as DSDOLLS, like completely limp.

Cheers Everyone!

grimreefer24601

Re: Loose Joints requested for the WM 166cm, seeking opinion

Post by grimreefer24601 »

WM and YL are both made at the Jinsan Factory. Both can be requested with loose joints. As far as I know Jinsan get's their skeletons, adjusts them for size and tension, and then welds the nut/bolt in position.

I generally prefer tight joints. Especially legs for standing. I do have a Mini Love Doll, and they have a floppy skeleton. Seriously she's like a limp noodle. It actually make her difficult to carry since her back flops all around. Not sure if you looking at completely loose, or just certain joints. I wouldn't want the back joint loose at all.

Dolllover2019

Post by Dolllover2019 »

grimreefer24601 wrote: I wouldn't want the back joint loose at all.
Keep the back joints stiff, that makes great sense! I'm gonna request that.

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Personally I would keep the joints as standard, they will loosen in time in any case, I take it that you're not getting the standing foot option in which case stiffer foot and leg joints won't be so important but you don't want joints too loose, especially when moving her around as accidents will happen. All my recent dolls in the past year have had pretty good tension in their joints, not too tight and not too loose so like I said I would keep it to the standard factory setting.

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

Yeah, in my opinion too, loose joints are a pain! My Vivette (2016 Vivid Doll) has now got loose forwards and backwards leg joints and knee joints plus she swivels easily at the waist. This makes her really hard to pose for any photos and, at about 33kg I’m exhausted carrying her around and sweat buckets trying to get her to stand or pose for photos!

My 2016 WM168 Ashaki still has good tight joints all round and can stay horizontal in a pose easily!
4BD9F321-5DF8-4E9C-869D-C1F68287B28B.jpeg
4BD9F321-5DF8-4E9C-869D-C1F68287B28B.jpeg (23.69 KiB) Viewed 2327 times
Although that was a composite, the initial photo was taken with her on that small stand! You try doing that with loose joints! Also, she is not hard to move those joints so I can get her to take up walking poses and carrying her is a doddle not to mention how good she is in bed!

I’ve heard of others that have wished they’d never got a loose jointed doll but if that’s what you want, good luck to you!

Cheers, Hollows.
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

Dolllover2019

Post by Dolllover2019 »

hollows+fentiman wrote:Yeah, in my opinion too, loose joints are a pain! My Vivette (2016 Vivid Doll) has now got loose forwards and backwards leg joints and knee joints plus she swivels easily at the waist. This makes her really hard to pose for any photos and, at about 33kg I’m exhausted carrying her around and sweat buckets trying to get her to stand or pose for photos!

My 2016 WM168 Ashaki still has good tight joints all round and can stay horizontal in a pose easily!
4BD9F321-5DF8-4E9C-869D-C1F68287B28B.jpeg
Although that was a composite, the initial photo was taken with her on that small stand! You try doing that with loose joints! Also, she is not hard to move those joints so I can get her to take up walking poses and carrying her is a doddle not to mention how good she is in bed!

I’ve heard of others that have wished they’d never got a loose jointed doll but if that’s what you want, good luck to you!

Cheers, Hollows.
Dude that photo is fantastic! Like Atlas holding the world up on his arms. lol

Dolllover2019

Post by Dolllover2019 »

Ok, I think that's a good consensus.
I cancelled the loose joints request.

Dolllover2019

Post by Dolllover2019 »

Arthur1960 wrote:Personally I would keep the joints as standard, they will loosen in time in any case, I take it that you're not getting the standing foot option in which case stiffer foot and leg joints won't be so important but you don't want joints too loose, especially when moving her around as accidents will happen. All my recent dolls in the past year have had pretty good tension in their joints, not too tight and not too loose so like I said I would keep it to the standard factory setting.

Arthur1960, your right I did not request the foot standing option. I do not plan on adding that on either. I realize the doll will not stand freely on her own.
However, can the doll still stand if leaned against a wall for support?

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

I don’t think you’ll regret it my friend! Even moving a loose jointed doll around in bed is difficult!

...and to answer the query about standing feet, yeah, ANY tight jointed doll can stand with a third point of contact! What you have to be careful of is not squishing the TPE on the footplate from side to side as you move her into position. Mind you, that also applies to the standing option as well!

It depends on whether you want her to be clothed or not. I tend to use ankle boots to help the stability. For a Ashaki I have some kids boots for her that tighten with laces but also have a zip side for ease of getting them on! Loose ankle boots and shoes can enable the ‘flesh’ to twist off the footplate again if you’re not careful!

If you get a few hours to spare :whistle: check out Ashaki’s thread if you like to get some ideas about standing and poses etc!

Thanks for the compliment on the photo! That one did win the Category D Challenge last August!

Cheers, Hollows.
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Dolllover2019 wrote:
Arthur1960 wrote:Personally I would keep the joints as standard, they will loosen in time in any case, I take it that you're not getting the standing foot option in which case stiffer foot and leg joints won't be so important but you don't want joints too loose, especially when moving her around as accidents will happen. All my recent dolls in the past year have had pretty good tension in their joints, not too tight and not too loose so like I said I would keep it to the standard factory setting.

Arthur1960, your right I did not request the foot standing option. I do not plan on adding that on either. I realize the doll will not stand freely on her own.

However, can the doll still stand if leaned against a wall for support?
Hi again, if you don't select the standing foot option then you shouldn't stand her up for any length of time as eventually the foot plate will tear through the tpe. When you select standing feet 3 bolts are added to the foot plate and the ankle and knee joints are tightened enough for prolonged standing. Without this option it's still possible to stand a lighter doll for a few minutes but it's not recommended.

Dolllover2019

Post by Dolllover2019 »

If I keep my doll mostly just laid flat on my bed, on her back, day in and night out. Will the TPE become deformed from the compression?

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Laying in a flat, neutral position on a bed is fine, I have at least 3 of my gals doing this (the ones without standing feet). Just be mindful of what they are laying on, so make sure there are no buttons or zippers etc and also ensure that any clothing is not too tight and is colour safe, if you lay a gal down in cheap, dark coloured lingerie it will likely stain very quickly, so get good quality stuff as much as possible and check that it's colour safe first. Also if your gal is going to be laying in the same spot for several days it's good to move her a little now and then so she's not laying on the same spot. If you leave her something to read or put the radio on then she will be happy enough!

Dolllover2019

Post by Dolllover2019 »

Arthur1960 wrote:Laying in a flat, neutral position on a bed is fine, I have at least 3 of my gals doing this (the ones without standing feet). Just be mindful of what they are laying on, so make sure there are no buttons or zippers etc and also ensure that any clothing is not too tight and is colour safe, if you lay a gal down in cheap, dark coloured lingerie it will likely stain very quickly, so get good quality stuff as much as possible and check that it's colour safe first. Also if your gal is going to be laying in the same spot for several days it's good to move her a little now and then so she's not laying on the same spot. If you leave her something to read or put the radio on then she will be happy enough!

and breakfast in bed right? Egg white Omellete, Englsh Muffin, Glass of orange juice, with a single red rose on a tray. That should keep her doubly happy! :D

Dolllover2019

Post by Dolllover2019 »

Arthur1960 wrote:Laying in a flat, neutral position on a bed is fine, I have at least 3 of my gals doing this (the ones without standing feet). Just be mindful of what they are laying on, so make sure there are no buttons or zippers etc and also ensure that any clothing is not too tight and is colour safe, if you lay a gal down in cheap, dark coloured lingerie it will likely stain very quickly, so get good quality stuff as much as possible and check that it's colour safe first. Also if your gal is going to be laying in the same spot for several days it's good to move her a little now and then so she's not laying on the same spot. If you leave her something to read or put the radio on then she will be happy enough!
I suppose like a white or light colored SILK material lingerie would not have any color transference issues? Is it the material that allows colors to bleed into TPE? Is cotton safe?

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

While certain garments and material maybe more prone to staining than others it's more to do with how the garments are dyed in the first place. I've noticed that better quality clothing tends not to lose its colour even in a hot wash and so it doesn't stain. My gal Sarah is currently wearing a black Curvy Kate bra that is fine whereas a cheap piece of lingerie off eBay that's black would stain in 5 mins!

INFORMATIONS