www.wmdolls.com

Skin Tones

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
High Country

Re: Skin Tones

Post by High Country »

ColColt wrote:the problem is some gals you may want only come in Tan...
Hi CC - Maybe you mean if a guy is only shopping pre-configured/ready to ship dolls? I have never heard of a WM model that you couldn't order in what ever tone you want, so not sure what you mean?
Dolllover2019 wrote:Show us the pics High Country! Congratulations!!!!
DO - Thanks for the high-fives with me! I think I'm going to need a couple days to get her unboxed, washed, dressed etc - but I will definitely have some pics up by the weekend!

I for sure also did a lot of tone-analysis-to-paralysis, but you are really working the topic hard with a change back to Medium : )
I'll say again that I LOVE the Tan in Mandos' legendary pics as much as everyone else, but I believe that although the Tan may look Caucasian in many of the pics, it probably looks more Latina in person. The very first moment I opened my box last night, I knew I made the right call for Medium being the tone of a "sun-kissed caucasian"

Dolllover2019

Post by Dolllover2019 »

Oh no doubt about it. The Tan ladies they photograph so well. The WM Army type, Gym type, and the dark brunette slutty gold digging looking one lol, theres a reason they are all Tan, They look beautiful shot professionally.

Dolllover2019

Post by Dolllover2019 »

I think what Col means is that because a large majority of dolls are shot in Tan , and they look so great. Its like "Oh my gosh shes so hot, I want her to look just like that!" Which was my original reaction to the Dark Brunette WM.

The Messenger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by The Messenger »

I got some TPE samples of different skin colors before deciding on my choice.
It wasn't WM but maybe they offer that as well?
Zenobia - WM163 H-cup - Eye Candy - 10 Week Journal
Mavia - D4E165 I-cup - Eye Candy
BFF!
Instagram

spongle
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by spongle »

Well I locked in my order with my Vendor yesterday. I'm getting a WM 166c with a head 162 in"Light Tan" which from what I understand is medium.

This doll right here in a light tan color https://sexyrealsexdolls.com/products/1 ... doll-jelly.

I originally ordered the Lara doll, since it was the same price they allowed me to swap even though I had already purchased and the skin was changed from "Tan" to "Light Tan"

I am a bit concerned about how they will handle the nipple and vagina colors/makup but they are the experts so I'm sure thy will get it right.

I just could not go with the tan, It looks absolutely stunning in photos but I do not have much natural light so I feel it would have been way to dark from what I have scene not in glamour shots, I would rather be a bit on the lighter side of the spectrum than dark. It will probably make getting some custom heads more difficult though.

Now I wait a couple months and see if I made an error haha

Agalmatoreveur

Post by Agalmatoreveur »

You will be very happy with the medium, I think. Have a look on Dollsfrance, at this series with the 124 head. It's marked tan, but Jinsan confirmed it's medium. It's a really nice peaches and cream complexion with a hint of a healthy tan.

DexterQuest
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DexterQuest »

spongle wrote:Well I locked in my order with my Vendor yesterday. I'm getting a WM 166c with a head 162 in"Light Tan" which from what I understand is medium.
I would like to know if light tan is officially meant to be an equivalent of medium. I imagine light tan is between medium and tan. But I know no vendor has both medium and light tan as selections. I know the difference between medium and tan is so great that another color between would actually make sense.

Attached is medium vs tan. These dolls were suppose to be the same color. I'm still not over it. But you can see you could easily have something in the middle.
Attachments
wm_medium_vs_tan.jpg
wm_medium_vs_tan.jpg (149.18 KiB) Viewed 757 times

tido
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by tido »

DexterQuest wrote:I would like to know if light tan is officially meant to be an equivalent of medium. I imagine light tan is between medium and tan. But I know no vendor has both medium and light tan as selections. I know the difference between medium and tan is so great that another color between would actually make sense.
I have never heard of a difference between medium and light tan but there can be some variation between different dolls with the same label skin tone of course. Dollstudio, for example, explicitly states that medium is an "alternative label" for light tan.
http://dollstudio.org/customization/wm-doll/skin-tones
And in this thread some more photograph of skin tone samples from the factory were kindly provided by Dollstudio and MannequinFan. :thumbs_up:
viewtopic.php?p=1303267
It seems medium and light tan reference the same "idea" of a color but color variation can be significant anyway especially over months or years.

spongle
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by spongle »

DexterQuest wrote: I would like to know if light tan is officially meant to be an equivalent of medium. I imagine light tan is between medium and tan. But I know no vendor has both medium and light tan as selections. I know the difference between medium and tan is so great that another color between would actually make sense.

Attached is medium vs tan. These dolls were suppose to be the same color. I'm still not over it. But you can see you could easily have something in the middle.
Yeah, as you can tell this has been my biggest source of confusion. I spent days searching"WM Tan" "WM Light Tan" "WM Medium" and other variations trying to get an exact answer and it seems there is still some mystery around it. Some vendors have "Medium" as an option and others as"Light Tan"

The photo grimreefer24601 posted on the previous page shows"Medium" but mentioned it's supposed to be interchangeable. The vendor I bought from has"Light Tan" only.

I asked for"Light Tan(aka Medium)" and "Light Tan is what was placed on the official order"

The doll you have on the left is closer to what I would like to receive, the doll on the right is darker than I would want. I can understand your frustration with it!"

High Country

Post by High Country »

^ For sure, "light tan" means "medium", in terms of WM tones available to order without a completely one-off custom request. The tone one step lighter than Tan, is Medium. Because both vendors and customers want to use both terms "light tan" and "medium", it looks like the confusion will persist. The vendor can put Light Tan on the order, and WM is going to make Medium. On my order, BCD wrote "Tone: Light Tan/Medium" to be clear that "call it whatever you want, but that is the tone requested."

spongle
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by spongle »

High Country wrote:^ For sure, "light tan" means "medium", in terms of WM tones available to order without a completely one-off custom request. The tone one step lighter than Tan, is Medium. Because both vendors and customers want to use both terms "light tan" and "medium", it looks like the confusion will persist. The vendor can put Light Tan on the order, and WM is going to make Medium. On my order, BCD wrote "Tone: Light Tan/Medium" to be clear that "call it whatever you want, but that is the tone requested."
This is great too hear, glad it is cleared up at least as far as WM dolls are concerned.

somethingrandom

Post by somethingrandom »

spongle wrote: ...I am a bit concerned about how they will handle the nipple and vagina colors/makup but they are the experts so I'm sure thy will get it right....
I wouldn't sweat the nipple/vagina colouring too much. From what I hear it will wear off in time anyways so you will be able to replace it with whatever colour you like.

Agalmatoreveur

Post by Agalmatoreveur »

Hopefully this has been cleared up, but to add a plus one to the image uploaded by Grimreefer. I was sent the same image, and it shows the definitive names as per Jinsan. That means any reference to "light tan" is going to be that medium.

Elaborating on the cocoa/black colours, according to their rep, it's the cocoa that's been discontinued, something to do with difficulty maintaining consistency with that skin tone.

theyankeejudge
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by theyankeejudge »

I just got my WM order and I ordered medium color and I ended up with pink. Be careful pictures can fool you, what you thought you saw, can turn out to be something else.

Agalmatoreveur

Post by Agalmatoreveur »

theyankeejudge wrote:I just got my WM order and I ordered medium color and I ended up with pink. Be careful pictures can fool you, what you thought you saw, can turn out to be something else.

Who did you order it from, and did you receive pictures from the factory?

If you know for sure that the order to Jinsan was "medium," then it should have been fine. If you specified "medium" to a vendor, and their version of "medium" is WM's "pink," then things could go horribly wrong.

From dealing with Jinsan, and seeing all the threads and comments about this, it seems that if Jinsan is told "medium," you get a good peaches and cream skin tone.

INFORMATIONS