www.wmdolls.com

Yay, factory photos of my 166C/273

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
adelea
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Yay, factory photos of my 166C/273

Post by adelea »

Factory screw up, so Phil is pushing for a replacement.

So the wait will start again!

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Oh adelea, that's frustrating but good that you have had such a swift resolution from Phil. I would imagine the new gal will come out of the factory a little quicker and then with a bit more luck she won't get such a long Customs hold up!

Dutch Dance Maniac
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: The Netherlands. Electronic Dance Music Country number 1 !!!

Post by Dutch Dance Maniac »

adelea wrote:Factory screw up, so Phil is pushing for a replacement.

So the wait will start again!
Ohhh man...... WM what are you doing !!!!

What a mess at the factory...... So sad to see this....... :( 8O
Timea. WM157B #159

Daisy. WM163C #162

Mariëlle. DutchDoll 148-CM

However Unreal This May Be...... We Are Connected You And I.
We Are On The Same Curve, Point Of All Is:
We Share The Same Secret. We Love Our Dolls And Our LifeStyle.
That Makes Us Who We Really Are. Pure, Loving and Caring.
Welcome Into Our World.

adelea
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by adelea »

I'm just relieved it wasn't a small doll, and so I dont have to worry about the police showing up to have words with me!

Though quite why the tall 166 had such a delay is beyond us.

High Country

Post by High Country »

Adelea, so it appears that they did send a 166C, and the screw up was limited to wrong skin tone? We all know how tricky tone is to pin down based on lighting etc, but to my eye the factory pic looks for sure like a natural/aka Medium, and the shipped looks for sure at least as dark as a Tan.

Hope the turn-around is extra-expedited!!

adelea
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by adelea »

High Country wrote:Adelea, so it appears that they did send a 166C, and the screw up was limited to wrong skin tone? We all know how tricky tone is to pin down based on lighting etc, but to my eye the factory pic looks for sure like a natural/aka Medium, and the shipped looks for sure at least as dark as a Tan.

Hope the turn-around is extra-expedited!!
Yes, looks like the doll was right, except the colour. And I agree - the factory pictures dont look anywhere near as dark as the doll was. It was somewhere between milk and dark chocolate in colour, not the pale never-seen-the-sun I was wanting!

Would be useful if the factory had a board, with say a 4x4" sample of each colour, they could hold up against the doll so you could see! The lighting seems to make a massive difference.

She did look very nice though, but I like them pale as a Victorian!

That Guy

Post by That Guy »

I'm glad you finally received your package, but I'm confused. The doll in the factory looks like a totally lighter skin one. Did they send the wrong doll, or is it some lighting trick? Adelea, I gather you ordered the same skin tone as your first doll, is that true?

ETA: I see your response above this post. That would be a good idea about the multiple samples included in photos.

High Country

Post by High Country »

adelea wrote:......not the pale never-seen-the-sun I was wanting!.......
.....but I like them pale as a Victorian!....
I am always interested in skin-tone discussion, and the confusion caused by the different terms used for the same tones. So here is why I am curious about your tone choice:

You said you ordered Natural, right? That is a term used interchangeably with Medium, so Natural and Medium are one step lighter than Tan, which for the record is the tone in all of Mandos' famous WM official photos.

But there are THREE WM tones lighter than Natural/Medium, in order from darker to lighter they are Pink, Fair, and White. Most of us choosing Natural/Medium are aiming for a tanned-but-caucasian look.

So Adelea all that leads to my question - are you sure you don't want a Fair or White tone, as opposed to the Natural/Medium???

adelea
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by adelea »

Yeah ThatGuy, I ordered her in exactly the same colour as Adara. The head I put in the box in an earlier picture is the same colour as Adara - and is very much not the same colour as this doll :)

If the factory pictures had shown her true colours, then I would have noticed then that something was wrong, not nearly 2 weeks later when she was delivered!

Still, cleared customs yesterday, delivered today - so at least that part of the process is quick!

adelea
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by adelea »

High Country wrote:
adelea wrote:......not the pale never-seen-the-sun I was wanting!.......
.....but I like them pale as a Victorian!....
I am always interested in skin-tone discussion, and the confusion caused by the different terms used for the same tones. So here is why I am curious about your tone choice:

You said you ordered Natural, right? That is a term used interchangeably with Medium, so Natural and Medium are one step lighter than Tan, which for the record is the tone in all of Mandos' famous WM official photos.

But there are THREE WM tones lighter than Natural/Medium, in order from darker to lighter they are Pink, Fair, and White. Most of us choosing Natural/Medium are aiming for a tanned-but-caucasian look.

So Adelea all that leads to my question - are you sure you don't want a Fair or White tone, as opposed to the Natural/Medium???
I ordered her from The Doll Factory here in the UK. They have a colour chart for you to choose skin colour from:
TDH_SkinColour.png
TDH_SkinColour.png (342.51 KiB) Viewed 637 times
Both Adara and this one were ordered as 'Natural'. I think the one I had delivered was Tan on this chart.

High Country

Post by High Country »

Wow! I thought I had read everything there was about different terms for the WM skin tones, but I have never before seen "natural" used to notate the next-to-the lightest color, as in adelea's shared tone-chart. Even more ways for us and our orders to get mixed up!

The following image was described in a post from Grimreefer, just 6 weeks ago, as WM's current "official" skin tone choice chart. The exact same 7 pictures and choices, but different words to notate two of the tones:

That Guy

Post by That Guy »

adelea wrote:Both Adara and this one were ordered as 'Natural'. I think the one I had delivered was Tan on this chart.
Oh... geez... Image

adelea
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by adelea »

They should just give them numbers! #1 - #7

That Guy

Post by That Guy »

It looks to me, as though they sent you a different doll, from the one that was shown in your acceptance photos. I really don't believe it is the same doll.

adelea
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by adelea »

Having seen the doll in the flesh as it were, I can only imagine what lighting could make it appear as pale as it does in the photos. And the rest of the building doesnt look like it has a supernova going off inside it!

INFORMATIONS