www.wmdolls.com

Need advice from WM 166 C owners

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
amo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Need advice from WM 166 C owners

Post by amo »

Hi everyone! I'm about to buy my first doll. I want to get the WM 166 c with head 266 and I want it to look exactly like the snow bunny pictures seen in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=112357

I've been agonizing over the skin tone. I can tell from reading through this forum that I am not the only one... I've tried to read every post about this, but I'm still unsure. I really want to get this right! If you have a 166 c doll could you give me some advice?

The skin tone choices are white, fair, pink, medium, tan, cocoa and black. I am trying to decide between medium and tan (just like most of you, from what I can tell). I want it to be a nice warm golden tan, but not too dark.

I understand that I can't expect it to look like the amazing WM photos by Mandos (seriously dude, amazing!). I know that this particular doll was tan when photographed. One post suggested that if you want it to look like that in real life, then you should get medium, and that tan will look much darker in real life. There is other advice saying that if you want a tan Caucasian, then get medium. If you want a more Latina/Indian look then get tan.

Another post suggested that the tan dolls photograph the best. I don't plan on doing any photography. The lighting really seems to affect the appearance, I would say that my home is probably on the darker side.

I have been looking at some of the factory pics that have been posted, but again, the lighting makes them hard to trust. The tan dolls have a brownish/gray look to them in the factory pics, but I don't know if that's just the lighting. One post said that they picked medium skin and the factory pics looked good, but when the doll arrived it was too pale. Someone said their medium doll looked like "peaches and cream" which to me is more pale/pink (which I don't want).

I'm curious, could you all let me know how your doll looks in real life compared to the factory pics and compared to the Mandos pics?

Someone asked which celebrity skin tone the tan doll matched, and the answer was Michelle Rodriguez. I wonder if someone with the medium skin doll could make a similar comparison to a celebrity?

As if picking the skin tone isn't hard enough... then comes the areola color! I'm guessing that if you pick tan skin you should get dark brown areola, and if you pick medium skin you should get light brown?

Last question: The doll looks amazing, but I wonder if the legs are really skinny? I love legs and butt and want to put pantyhose on it. Will I be disappointed?

Thanks for your help!

Silicone Lovers
VENDOR
VENDOR

Re: Need advice from WM 166 C owners

Post by Silicone Lovers »

Hey Amo,

I just posted some factory pics of Ingrid in that same thread you mentioned which should help you - it also has 2 x versions of nipple/areola colour as our customer requested them to be darker as the light brown looked a little "orange" to him.
Everything else is pre-configured or "as picture" so should give you a good idea but again, you will see even with that same set of pics, there is a discrepancy in tone due to lighting.

Skin tones are often something we all agonise over so you're not alone.

Here's a bit more info from one of our guides...

SKIN TONE GUIDE

:?: Q: Why are skin tones so confusing?
:arrow: A: It can be affected by one or more of the following:

Lighting in professional photoshoots
Filters/editing used in post-production can affect skin pigment.
The types of monitor you view it on may vary.
Amateur shots were taken on a phone (eg TDF pics/factory pics).
Shots are taken in daylight or low light.
Different vendors refer to the tone by different names.

It's understandable that you might find it confusing - it can vary so much!

:?: Q: The skin tone has a different name on your website compared to another website – why!?
:arrow: A: A vendor may choose to call it a different name or it can be translated from English.

See below for alternate names: Those in bold are the most common names.

WHITE = CREAM

NATURAL = FAIR

PINK = ROSE/BLUSH

LIGHT TAN = MEDIUM

TAN = DARK TAN

COCOA = BLACK

:?: Q: What can I do to make sure the skin tone I select is correct?
:arrow: A: Follow our chart that has been colour matched with the standard Jinsan colour chart (for all OR, WM and YL dolls).

❤Did you know? You can also customise your skin tone (for free!) simply send us a selection (2-3 images) of very clear examples and we'll have it colour matched for you, simple!

Hope that helps, Louie :BIG:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Check out our amazing Verified five star reviews now ➡ Trustpilot

The Romantic
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Romantic »

I've just always ordered Tan. I'm guessing then that this is maybe "medium"? I've always liked the Tan because it's closest to my own skin color. I'm a white mid-westerner in the U.S.

Honestly, she will look stunning in either, trust me. A little oil wipe and she will look a tad darker. A dusting of powder and she will look a little lighter.

The shoulders, arms and thighs are nicely thick an fleshy while trying to maintain a lighter weight. At 75lbs, she's no lightweight, but no 100lb tank either...
"Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze."

MikeOxbigg

Post by MikeOxbigg »

I provided a photo to match the skin tone I wanted for my WM 155 DD...

I ordered her "WM tan' as close to the provided photo as possible. They did a wonderful job! She photographs so well!!!
Attachments
2019-04-13_22.28.25.jpg
2019-04-13_22.28.25.jpg (2.81 MiB) Viewed 2216 times

Dolllover2019

Post by Dolllover2019 »

If you don't plan on doing any photography then the medium is a safe choice. It actually does look a bit tanned in real life but not overly dark.
If you really want the snow bunny look from the photos, the photography really lightens up the skin tone. If you want that kind of look in real life, you could possibly even consider getting a "fair" tone. I have a medium and its the perfect tone for me, not too dark , not too white/pale. And the pictures I've posted on the forum all look lighter than she really is.
amo wrote:Hi everyone! I'm about to buy my first doll. I want to get the WM 166 c with head 266 and I want it to look exactly like the snow bunny pictures seen in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=112357

I've been agonizing over the skin tone. I can tell from reading through this forum that I am not the only one... I've tried to read every post about this, but I'm still unsure. I really want to get this right! If you have a 166 c doll could you give me some advice?

The skin tone choices are white, fair, pink, medium, tan, cocoa and black. I am trying to decide between medium and tan (just like most of you, from what I can tell). I want it to be a nice warm golden tan, but not too dark.

I understand that I can't expect it to look like the amazing WM photos by Mandos (seriously dude, amazing!). I know that this particular doll was tan when photographed. One post suggested that if you want it to look like that in real life, then you should get medium, and that tan will look much darker in real life. There is other advice saying that if you want a tan Caucasian, then get medium. If you want a more Latina/Indian look then get tan.

Another post suggested that the tan dolls photograph the best. I don't plan on doing any photography. The lighting really seems to affect the appearance, I would say that my home is probably on the darker side.

I have been looking at some of the factory pics that have been posted, but again, the lighting makes them hard to trust. The tan dolls have a brownish/gray look to them in the factory pics, but I don't know if that's just the lighting. One post said that they picked medium skin and the factory pics looked good, but when the doll arrived it was too pale. Someone said their medium doll looked like "peaches and cream" which to me is more pale/pink (which I don't want).

I'm curious, could you all let me know how your doll looks in real life compared to the factory pics and compared to the Mandos pics?

Someone asked which celebrity skin tone the tan doll matched, and the answer was Michelle Rodriguez. I wonder if someone with the medium skin doll could make a similar comparison to a celebrity?

As if picking the skin tone isn't hard enough... then comes the areola color! I'm guessing that if you pick tan skin you should get dark brown areola, and if you pick medium skin you should get light brown?

Last question: The doll looks amazing, but I wonder if the legs are really skinny? I love legs and butt and want to put pantyhose on it. Will I be disappointed?

Thanks for your help!

amo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by amo »

Thanks everyone for your help. It seems like medium might be the right choice for me! So would I then pick the light brown areola?

StormiLover
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by StormiLover »

MikeOxbigg wrote:I provided a photo to match the skin tone I wanted for my WM 155 DD...

I ordered her "WM tan' as close to the provided photo as possible. They did a wonderful job! She photographs so well!!!
Stormi is a medium WM155DD I think she shows well as well. :D
Any color they add, comes off very quickly. Mine wore off after two uses. :whistle:
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (1.87 MiB) Viewed 2150 times
If you want something you never had, you have to do something you’ve never done.

The Mis-Adventures of Stormi And SL
Stormis Big Adventures
A Stormi Introduction
Stormi's photo Albums

amo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by amo »

That is a nice color. OK, medium it is!

When you say any color they add - I assume you mean the areola? What about the makeup on the face?

StormiLover
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by StormiLover »

The makeup on the face is the same. Kissing takes the lipstick off fast.
Depending on how much you touch her face, will determine how long it lasts.
I'm not good at makeup. I'm scared I will make her look like some crazy clown. :D
If you want something you never had, you have to do something you’ve never done.

The Mis-Adventures of Stormi And SL
Stormis Big Adventures
A Stormi Introduction
Stormi's photo Albums

Fenrir

Post by Fenrir »

Yeah, don't trust the factory photos. They do not look like the actual skin tone in real life. It's like their brightness is at max, with sunlight added as everything looks pale and washed out.

They need to do what I've seen with the Irontech dolls. Show an actual full figure doll with the corresponding skin tone, against a white background. Their "Brown" skin tone is the color that I want in my WM doll.

I think the WM "Medium" may look slightly tan in real life, but not quite the sun tan most would want. The WM "Tan" might be a little darker than normal tans or slightly off, but as long as it's not that grayish tan color.

Dolllover2019

Post by Dolllover2019 »

The WM Medium is a pretty decent Tanned in real life. Its looks like a healthy tan from a white chick. Or a light skinned Latina.
Fenrir wrote:Yeah, don't trust the factory photos. They do not look like the actual skin tone in real life. It's like their brightness is at max, with sunlight added as everything looks pale and washed out.

They need to do what I've seen with the Irontech dolls. Show an actual full figure doll with the corresponding skin tone, against a white background. Their "Brown" skin tone is the color that I want in my WM doll.

I think the WM "Medium" may look slightly tan in real life, but not quite the sun tan most would want. The WM "Tan" might be a little darker than normal tans or slightly off, but as long as it's not that grayish tan color.

ColColt
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ColColt »

This is pics of my WM158D girl in what they call "Fair". I had a Tan girl and she was a bit dark for me. This is very close to the way she looks up close in the bedroom.

If I could do it all again, I'd go for Medium.
Attachments
_1DF5779a.jpg
_1DF5779a.jpg (546.63 KiB) Viewed 1863 times
_1DF6428b.jpg
_1DF6428b.jpg (1.5 MiB) Viewed 1863 times

High Country

Post by High Country »

amo wrote: There is other advice saying that if you want a tan Caucasian, then get medium. If you want a more Latina/Indian look then get tan.

Amo - you've clearly read a ton of threads about skin tone - good job of searching! I'm the one that re-stated the tip I got about "do you want a lightly tanned caucasian, or do you want latina/mediterranean?" I still think that just answering that ONE question for yourself is the BEST way to get past the photo-conundrum.

Another tip to consider, is you can buy samples of both tones. I got both from RLSD.

A problem with celebrity comparison is that just like the dolls, we see them just in photos, and their tone will vary in photos /lighting for all the same reasons as dolls.

I'll confirm what other already said about areolas - doesn't matter because it wears off, I just finished making mine "just right" with my own make-up.

I agree that the legs of the 166C are a weak point. IMO, through the entire butt and upper thighs, PERFECTION. Starting about mid-thigh and the rest of the way down, too skinny and no muscle tone. But also IMO there isn't a doll out there that gets everything else so right for me, so I'll have to accept this shortcoming.
The Romantic wrote:I've just always ordered Tan. I'm guessing then that this is maybe "medium"?
Don't get Amo mixed up! WM "Tan" is one step darker than "Medium".

The Romantic wrote:Honestly, she will look stunning in either, trust me. A little oil wipe and she will look a tad darker. A dusting of powder and she will look a little lighter.

Amo, take note - ^this is the best advice in the whole thread - ultimately, just make your best call; you're bound to love her in either. One thing that struck me when I bought the two samples, is they just didn't look that super-different from each other.

High Country

Post by High Country »

Amo, one more test for you to take before you commit to medium 166C.

Stephanie is 166c Medium. Slightly different lighting for these two photos make her look lighter in the first and tanner in the second.
But she is clearly not a pink or pale type of caucasian.

Do you think you might be OK looking at her in either type of light? :razz:

amo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by amo »

Thank you to everyone - all of your answers have really helped me!

High Country - Those pics of Stephanie are amazing. Which head and wig does she have?

Also, what kind of makeup do you use on the areolas? Is there anything you can use that won't easily come off?

I found one doll from RLSD that had great legs/butt, but I didn't like the breasts as much as the 166 c. I guess you have to pick your battles!

https://reallovesexdolls.com/5ft3-161cm-b-cup-jessie/

If I could get that lower body with the 166 c upper body... Now that would be perfect!

INFORMATIONS