www.wmdolls.com

My Formal Apology to WM and an Explanation

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
Dutch_Husband

My Formal Apology to WM and an Explanation

Post by Dutch_Husband »

First and foremost, I want to apologize to WM for assuming the damage to my doll was a manufacturing defect. viewtopic.php?f=215&t=115650

I now believe that it was not. I would like to offer an explanation and I hope I can be forgiven.
For anyone considering ordering a WM doll, rest assured that you will receive one of the highest quality.

For many of us, our dolls become a part of our family. Ordering a doll can be an emotional experience.
Upon arrival, when I saw the damage that was done, I was VERY upset.
Imagine spending thousands of dollars to arrange for a loved one to come live with you, and upon her arrival, you discover that she was mugged in the airport enroute.
I was outraged.

Many vendors and TDF Staff reached out to me to help me understand what had happened, and assured me that this is not a typical experience. (Thank you all.)
Over the past couple days, I have given this much thought. I am, by nature, a very analytical and logical person. So the thought weighing on my mind was, "How could this have happened?"

So, I went back over the facts, comments, and PMs to try to understand.

WM has a long-standing reputation for delivering high quality and very beautiful dolls. So the first question was, "Is this doll authentic?"
The vendor is a TDF-approved vendor, and I know who the WM representative was who handled this transaction.
Various vendors and staff here, who deal with WM on a regular basis, confirmed that WM representative is authentic, therefore the doll came from WM.

The next question is, "How did this damage occur?"
My first thought, assuming it is a WM product, is that it was a de-molding flaw that was not corrected.
I don't believe that is possible. The dolls are inspected after de-molding to prevent this type of situation. So it must have occurred after de-molding.
After de-molding, the dolls are powdered. There is no way that her breasts were powdered without noticing this damage (see photos in the OP).
I also find it highly unlikely that make-up could be applied to the areolas without the damage being spotted. Therefore, the damage occurred after this.

This brings us to shipping. Again, WM has a reputation that indicates they know how to properly package their products to prevent damage during shipping.
In this case, it is obvious that the package had been stood on-end, instead of lying flat as clearly marked on the shipping container. The way that WM packs these dolls, even standing the box on-end should not cause damage.

In the OP, Jeff at BCD commented:
"And then you could have a perfect doll, packed quite well, checked by customs, repacked not as well and then manhandled by FEDEX or UPS."

Followed by Tor's comment:
"if the shipper packs everything perfectly, and then customs takes everything out for "inspection" and then does a sloppy repacking, the last part of shipping might damage the doll."

The light bulb came on. I had no idea that customs actually unpacks and removes dolls from their container! I assumed, with technology today, that the process would be similar to an airport port-of-entry. Using x-ray machines and dogs trained in sniffing out drugs or explosives. The packing slip clearly identifies the contents as a "mannequin for clothing display".

So what caused the damage? When I opened the box, there was nothing on top of the doll that could have caused any damage. I noticed something, but immediately dismissed it until yesterday. Usually, the doll is placed in the box and the head, wig, outfit and accessories are place on top, between the dolls legs. In this package, the accessories were under the doll. (The head, wig and outfit were in a separate box.)

A closer inspection of the damage reveals that the large spot on the right breast is not a gouge like I thought. It is a compression. There is no TPE missing from the spot. I took Jeff's suggestion, using mild heat and it is smoothing out. The left breast though is a gouge. There is definitely missing material that will need to be filled.

I believe now, that customs unpacked the doll and laid her face down on top of something. It had to have been laying like that for some time to compress a spot that much. Then the accessories kit was thrown into the box, the doll was dragged off and put back into the box. No care was taken to ensure it was packed correctly, and the resulting damage to her feet and bent neck occurred during normal shipping.

I apologize for the length of this post, but I wanted anyone reading my apology to fully understand what I believe happened, and that all of this occurred after the doll was shipped by WM.
It is in no way a manufacturing defect, and I do not feel that WM is to blame.

If WM is able to file a claim for damage, I am happy to supply photos and documents.

Again, my heartfelt apology for my other post. I will place a link in that post pointing here for clarification.

Dutch_Husband
(still a WM fan)
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice, there is.

Gabriella
WM 168G w/WM 233 head
https://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/t ... album=9855

Evita Valentine
WM 170H w/WM 233 head (Retired due to catastrophic failure)
https://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/t ... album=9685

Tor

Re: My Formal Apology to WM and an Explanation

Post by Tor »

@Dutch_Husband
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I agree 100 % with your analysis, and the only logical conclusion (after having excluded other possibilities) is that customs ruined a perfectly good doll through their incompetence, negligence - or simply out of spite, although that is impossible to prove.

If I owned WM Dolls (or any similar company), I would contact customs authorities in all countries and set up some guidelines. And file claims against customs in each and every case. Although, in Norway customs are protected from such claims.

:evidence:
:shakefist:

Nintrovert40

Post by Nintrovert40 »

I have seen one to many complaints about WM dolls
if Im going to spend a grand of my hard earned money
in my first Synthetic lady I just can't risk it.

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Dollarhyde »

Well, it can be upsetting especially when you are expecting one thing and then you get something totally different. I am glad you were able to sort things out.

I think one of the things the vendors should have the manufacturer also photograph is your completed doll in the original packing. This way you have photographic evidence of if your doll was tampered with at customs because no one can repack a product the same way it was originally packaged from the manufacturer.
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

Dutch_Husband

Post by Dutch_Husband »

Nintrovert40 wrote:I have seen one to many complaints about WM dolls
if Im going to spend a grand of my hard earned money
in my first Synthetic lady I just can't risk it.
This had nothing to do with WM.
Any doll that is shipped and goes through customs could have this happen.
The only way to avoid it would be to pick her up yourself, instead of shipping.

@Tor : Fortunately, she is not ruined. Heating the large area with a heat gun (lowest setting=100C) is smoothing out the depression. The breast gouge and foot damage are relatively minor repairs. I study Mishka's repair videos, so I feel confident that I can get her back to top-notch condition. Thanks for helping turn the light on for me!
In practice, there is.

Gabriella
WM 168G w/WM 233 head

Evita Valentine

Silicone Lovers
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Silicone Lovers »

Dutch_Husband wrote:First and foremost, I want to apologize to WM for assuming the damage to my doll was a manufacturing defect.
I apologize for the length of this post, but I wanted anyone reading my apology to fully understand what I believe happened, and that all of this occurred after the doll was shipped by WM.
It is in no way a manufacturing defect, and I do not feel that WM is to blame.
If WM is able to file a claim for damage, I am happy to supply photos and documents.
Again, my heartfelt apology for my other post. I will place a link in that post pointing here for clarification.

Dutch_Husband
(still a WM fan)

Hey DH, am really glad to hear that you solved the mystery and are still a fan of WM. I'm sure there are many who appreciate you taking the time and effort in setting the record straight. Glad to be of at least a little help in piecing the puzzle together. Wishing you all the best with your girls. :angel: :angel: SL.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Check out our amazing Verified five star reviews now ➡ Trustpilot

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

I'm confused.
You've made repairs to a doll you paid for and received that was not in perfect condition (or at least as perfect as a doll is when demolded)?
Regardless of how the damage occured, I'd be insisting from my vender either a replacement or a refund and I'd have tdf in that loop.
And if I had made my purchase with a non approved vendor, I'd have my credit card company or paypal involved.
Just my 2 bits on the matter.

Tacitus_Bartelby

Post by Tacitus_Bartelby »

My coupla coins -
I don't think there's anything anyone can do about how a customs agent treats the contents of a package set for inspection.
Surely many of them take a great effort to insure they repackage as closely to the original as possible but you'll always have ones that don't. Or worse - see what it is and, for whatever reason, treat it with disdain.
Even if the vendor sent a replacement, there's no guarantee it wouldn't happen again.

File it under, 'Shit happens'
(That being said, if the damage had been so great that it was unrepairable and compromised the the intended use of the product - that would be a whole different situation)

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

customs can be PITA as I figured for my very first doll. The box was opened and searched quite obviously as indicated by the wig just beeing thrown in without the bag it was packed in initially. Also the box re-taping was sloppy and barely suitable. On top of it came a transport damage. Some overpressure on one the feets side caused some bolt (standing feet option) to pinch through the TPE entirely, making a new hole to the foots side. Yet I´ll fix repair it myself any time. Can´t blame the manufacturer and everything else was just perfect. For my next doll I hope for less rough treatment during shipment but I´ll try to be optimistic and realistic the same time. :razz:

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

If customs inspected your doll, there will be tape on the outside making it quite obvious.
Of course, what makes this worse is somehow, someway, the 1st doll he got was an WM170H cup not the large 168 he ordered.
IMHO, no way the VENDOR he picked, should have missed this.
The vendor knew what doll he ordered.
But it looks like a other scoobydoo mystery solved.
Jeff

Jay1313
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jay1313 »

That’s horrible news mate :(

Dutch_Husband

Post by Dutch_Husband »

Yes, this was a replacement.

Originally, the vendor sent the wrong doll... not even close to what I ordered.

I complained and was ignored, so I filed a dispute with PayPal. Then the vendor agreed to replace the doll.
I have been in contact with staff and vendors here at TDF for advice and assistance.

This doll is the replacement and is exactly what I ordered, so my dispute with the vendor is resolved.

Since the damage occurred during shipping, neither the vendor, nor WM is responsible.

Had the damage been extensive, I would have demanded another replacement and help the shipper reclaim their costs through an insurance claim. However, the damage is reparable, so not worth the hassle of another 6 - 9 week waiting for yet another replacement.

Yes, it sucks that I should have to repair a brand-new $2,000 product. But I truly believe the damage was caused by careless handling in customs... and I have no recourse there.

So, I will just put this behind me. As was stated, "shit happens." My point here was to clarify that WM and the vendor are blameless concerning the damage.

Thanks to all for your comments and support.
In practice, there is.

Gabriella
WM 168G w/WM 233 head

Evita Valentine

Dolllover2019

Post by Dolllover2019 »

Your too nice of a guy Dutch, I would've pressed for another doll, but I respect your decision which you feel is fair.
Dutch_Husband wrote:Yes, this was a replacement.

Originally, the vendor sent the wrong doll... not even close to what I ordered.

I complained and was ignored, so I filed a dispute with PayPal. Then the vendor agreed to replace the doll.
I have been in contact with staff and vendors here at TDF for advice and assistance.

This doll is the replacement and is exactly what I ordered, so my dispute with the vendor is resolved.

Since the damage occurred during shipping, neither the vendor, nor WM is responsible.

Had the damage been extensive, I would have demanded another replacement and help the shipper reclaim their costs through an insurance claim. However, the damage is reparable, so not worth the hassle of another 6 - 9 week waiting for yet another replacement.

Yes, it sucks that I should have to repair a brand-new $2,000 product. But I truly believe the damage was caused by careless handling in customs... and I have no recourse there.

So, I will just put this behind me. As was stated, "shit happens." My point here was to clarify that WM and the vendor are blameless concerning the damage.

Thanks to all for your comments and support.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

I think you're right and it's good to have things like this better understood.

Customs can be disgusting, a law unto themselves and entirely beyond the law.

Last year they fuddled about for weeks and then clearly lied about it when I complained. They are beyond accountability and working to protect the population at large in a democracy. Stinks.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

Jay1313
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jay1313 »

Idk , the fact is that you got a doll that was damaged, no matter what the case is, if it were from the factory or customs, that doesn’t matter , you are the customer, you ordered something and it was delivered damaged, that in no way is your fault it’s wm, they are responsible for delivering a product without defects, it falls on them to hold up they end of bargain , if it was customs fault then WM is still responsible, they need to make things right, in no way should YOU feel responsible or feel that it’s Acceptable to be treated this way, we can’t let manufacturers think it’s ok to fuck over customers, I would not accept this kind of business practices from anyone, in any business if you deliver a faulty product , no matter how it was faulty, from the factory, or delivery, you are a customer who paid good money for their product and entitled to get a working product. We as a community can’t accept shady business practices no matter the product, sex related or not, there are ethics that need to be upheld in the customer and sales. Wm should be embarrassed of themselves for this kind of service, that fact is no matter who’s fault it was , factory or custom, you paid for a product that was delivered to you defective , it falls on WM no one else. I’m curious to see how many customers have been treated this same way, if there has been more , they should all speak up and demand something be done, I know that after reading this and seeing how they actually treated you and manipulated you into thinking that they are not to blame and are not responsible for it , I personally will not ever consider doing business with them and would suggest that others do the same, there’s plenty of manufacturers out there who practice good ethics in their business and care that customers be happy with their purchase, they actually take pride in their work. Wm seems to me as a company who makes tens of thousands dollars, yet are content with screwing over there customers. If you were to order a dvd and received it , and upon opening it , it was cracked , would you accept it as its ok, if you ordered a sofa and it arrived with a cracked frame, would it be acceptable to let them say it’s not their fault??? And then say , ok I’ll sale you another at a discounted price??? No you wouldn’t , because that’s underhanded and absurd, so why let them, just because these are sex products shouldn’t change the fact shit like this is Not ok. Shady business practices should never be allowed or put up with , no matter the product, and if we the community don’t stand up for our rights , who will? Shame on WM, and if anyone is thinking about purchasing their products, you might want to think twice, because if this is how they treated him, they will do the same to you. So Dutch, if anyone should be apologizing, it should be WM for the unprofessional business practices they clearly implement , and also the vendor who didn’t have your best interest in mind.

INFORMATIONS