www.wmdolls.com

Ankles and repairs

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
icewind

Re: Ankles and repairs

Post by icewind »

Dutch Dance Maniac wrote:Nope no WM doll for me comming period........ Will save my money for better brand doll........ :mrgreen:
Sorry to tell you DDM, but which "better brand" do you mean or are you still searching as i do? :?

I hope nobody is expecting a true equivalent for his money if you are buying a "TPE sex doll"?

There a only two glues on the market i can recommend, one is the known CWA made by indigo20, and dollslounge.de also has a nice glue, which is less agressive, good if the TPE is a little bit on tension... 8)
I have both glues here and used on several dolls... :)

And thanks to mandos for the pictures and explanations, we have an extended skeleton in our showroom, but it's painted and locked with locktite, hardly to move... :evil:

Respect to adelea for starting the repair! :thumbs_up: 8)
Current number of my doll family members: 47

adelea
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by adelea »

Arthur1960 wrote:Hi adelea, that looks like a very neat repair job, I would guess you used a hot knife to get such a clean cut to access the joint?
Thanks - the cut was made with a pair of very sharp scissors. I didnt want to have to deal with TPE fumes :)

The join is visible from closeup, but from about a metre or so it is invisible, and I suspect when some stockings are on her legs it wont be visible close up either!

Cubiko
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Cubiko »

Good job, but the initial cut looked huge - in hindsight do you think was it neccessary to make the cut that big? The TPE is really stretchy and you can widen a very small cut and get access. Good news is the nuts do not seem to be covered in fabric like many of the joints.

adelea
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by adelea »

In hindsight, no it probably didnt need to be quite that deep. But, I wanted to make sure I got to it in one clean cut, and wouldn't need to come in and make another.

I came in from the heel - so there was a lot of TPE to get through - coming in from the ankle side would have been a better approach I think.

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

Nice job adelea...and yeah...Chinese and their skeletons...they do love using odd and randomly different things for no apparent reason hehe. Found that out myself.

Excellent work though :)

Masai
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Masai »

adelea wrote:Whilst I agree we shouldn't have to - it is what it is.

Today I took the plunge, and make the cut to get access to the bolts:
ankle1.jpg
Spreading the TPE, I could see the 2 bolts:
ankle2.jpg
Both were loose and rotating freely. Interestingly, the bottom was a 16mm bolt, but one above was 17mm.

I wiped both sides with an alcohol swap to clean, then applied some of Indigo's cold weld adhesive and pushed the two parts together:
ankle3.jpg
After only a few seconds it seems to have started bonding, so I angled the foot up a bit so that it is pushing the two sides together a bit.
adelea, you are brave, I want to do something like this but I'm afraid I'll screw up a very expensive Doll. I haven't had this doll long and I jacked her foot up already :( :? :x Maybe one day I'll get up the nerve to perform Surgery but for now I'll live with this eye sore. I need to buy a few things like TPE glue etc. When I think about it I get angry. :x
"There is nothing so precious or delicious in the whole of the tender sex as a beautiful female derriere." Gilles Neret, a French Art Historian and Publisher.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

To set the record straight, I was at fault 100% on my doll....
I guess extreme caution must be used
Here is something to really think about
See what happens if you try to move your foot left and right, not up an down.
And I mean clockwise and counterclockwise..
V/r
Jeff
TEAM-Together Everyone Achieves More
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

adelea
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by adelea »

Yeah, I think the place on the leg where it rotates is too stiff - before I sealed it up, I tried rotating the foot left and right, and it just undid the bolts.

So for now, I will just live with not rotating the foot - that is a better result than having a floppy foot!

Agalmatoreveur

Post by Agalmatoreveur »

I'm glad I found this thread. My own WM 166C doll has the same problem as the others mentioned on the first page. Her left ankle is extremely tight, and only has a range of movement that is around 45 degrees. The right ankle is the opposite - it could rotate all the way around and keep going. So far, they're still stable, so she can still stand.

The left foot is also very stiff when it comes to going from having her toes pointed downwards to a standing position.

Because of all the other skeleton threads I've seen, I'd been worried that the bolts were welded, like so many others, and therefore nothing could be adjusted.

So thanks for posting those images of the ankle joint, Mandos - and it seems from what people say that the tightness/looseness is just something that is, and shouldn't become worse over time? (Unlike something where the ankle will snap or the foot will fall off) ...

OffGridGuy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by OffGridGuy »

This same exact thing just happened to my doll at one day old. (yesterday)

I turned one ankle (the dolls left) slightly clockwise for a pose and then when I slightly attempted to turn the second ankle (the dolls right) in a counter clockwise position it broke free....sounded like a weld let loose on the nut/s. Now it free spins and only thing holding it from spinning is the TPE as pictured in a previous post. I barely turned the ankle maybe 1/4 inch max and that's when it broke free. I heard a "snap" sound. It's not broken, just loose.

Yogi

Post by Yogi »

Same problem with my 4week old 166c.
Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to do the surgery, but not yet.
Rather dissapointing turn of events...

Masai
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Masai »

it's sad to see so many Doll owners with this problem because we spent so much money on our Dolls. It doesn't seem to matter who the manufacture is because it's happening to many of us. I threw in the towel, I didn't go to Doll Med School so I'm gonna leave the surgery alone. You fellas that performed surgery are some brave souls. Looking at Lorrie's ankle fall off to the side sometimes really gets to me but it looks like I'm ass out and I have to live with this crap. :x
"There is nothing so precious or delicious in the whole of the tender sex as a beautiful female derriere." Gilles Neret, a French Art Historian and Publisher.

SeenHerB4

Post by SeenHerB4 »

adelea wrote: I wiped both sides with an alcohol swap to clean, then applied some of Indigo's cold weld adhesive and pushed the two parts together:
ankle3.jpg
After only a few seconds it seems to have started bonding, so I angled the foot up a bit so that it is pushing the two sides together a bit.
This TPE repair looks fantastic.

My YL-157 Bella has the same twisted ankle syndrome. I can tighten the bolts with my fingers thru the tpe ..but it keeps coming undone.

Just double checking ..Indigo's Cold Weld Adhesive is a combination of TPE crumbs dissolved in 3M Primer 94?

SeenHerB4

Post by SeenHerB4 »

I got this ankle repair done too. (on my YL-157 Bella)

Made the cut on the inside of the ankle where there was less TPE to cut through.
First tried using a razor blade but quickly realized that wasn't going to work.
Got some sharp scissors and made a clean cut down to the bolts.

Lined up the foot, torque'd down the bolts and then repaired the incision with straight 3M Primer 94 and a clamp to provide some pressure overnight ..and done. Can barely notice it.

Easy job. Glad its done.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

SeenHerB4
Indigo's CWA is the result of extensive research and testing by a pretty competent chemical engineer :)
Wheezer discovered dissolving thin slices of TPE in 3M 94 Primer resulted in an adhesive paste/filler

INFORMATIONS