www.wmdolls.com

WM 148 L Review

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
catnap

WM 148 L Review

Post by catnap »

OK, I'm going to post this review in parts. That will enable me to do it in the time I have available, and also enable me to try and answer any questions about this doll that anyone may wish to ask. So, if you have a question, feel free to let me know. Please remember, all opinions are subjective. I call them as I see them. If you disagree, that's fine too. Everyone has their own views...
DSC00112.JPG
DSC00112.JPG (376.73 KiB) Viewed 3367 times
THE PACKAGING - It may seem strange to rate a box, but after seeing some of the boxes that I have in the past few years that some manufacturers have shipped dolls in, it's worth giving praise to one who does it right. There are two things to love about the way this doll was boxed.

One, she came with a body-fitting plush-lined styrofoam full-body package insert. That means she was protected from abrasions, dirt, and even careless package handlers who stack packages upside down despite huge arrows directly in front of them indicating they should not do that.

Second, the box contained a thin wooden sheet used as a kick plate placed in the end to protect her feet - and to prevent her standing foot studs from penetrating the box. This is a nice touch, and very underrated. I've seen a doll whose feet penetrated the bottom the box and were destroyed. Then the manufacturer blames the shipping company, and the shipping company blames the shipper... it's MUCH better when that never happens. Kudos for getting this right.

The packaging is simply the best I've seen outside of Real Doll's wooden shipping "closet" - and that was on a $7000 silicone doll.

PACKAGING GRADE - 11/10

EXTRAS

Let's get the Mickey Mouse stuff out of the way before we get into the doll herself. She comes with a small plush blanket, a care kit with a comb, douche care bottle, soft tongue insert, heating wand, gloves, extra M16 connector, and a special connector for hanging the doll, eye and screw, and hook assembly.

The blanket is high quality. It is hemmed on all sides, which is very nice. But it is also very small - about 3 x 5 feet. That makes it problematic to use to lie her on for photos, etc. There just isn't much room before parts of her contact other surfaces... and unless you're very careful, that could mean getting her dirty.
The comb is excellent, but since it has metal teeth I probably won't ever use it on a doll's head. I prefer something less likely to cause abrasion.

The douche care bottle, soft tongue insert, heating wand, and gloves are all standard. The gloves are nice if you want to put them on the doll... if you were thinking of wearing them yourself, well, uh, no way. Seriously, they're way small on most male hands and many female hands as well. The tongue inset is nice and soft, and I suppose might be entertaining if you are into kissing her. I've never tried it, so I can't comment. I did see it on one vendor's site for $50, not that I would pay that for it.

As far the heat wand goes, I suppose it is fine. It has a USB connector like most other things these days. I guess it would work the way it is supposed to. But again, this is something I don't personally use. Why not? Well, I'm a coward. I'm afraid to stick a five dollar heating element into a $2000 (appx.) doll...

The hanging assembly hardware is a very nice addition, though. A very similar kit on Amazon is about $33, so it's a nice kit.
DSC00125.jpg
DSC00125.jpg (293.49 KiB) Viewed 3367 times
In short, the extras are fine, if uninspired. The hanging kit raises things up considerably. It's a smart inclusion that more manufacturers should make.

EXTRAS GRADE - 8/10

Next time I'll start on the doll herself...

catnap

Re: WM 148 L Review

Post by catnap »

OK, today I'll cover the doll herself. Please bear with me on photos. My camera was stolen a month ago and I'm using a spare with fiddly adapters and lenses I'm not used to.
DSC00127.jpg
DSC00127.jpg (406.95 KiB) Viewed 3224 times
THE HEAD(S)

The original owner bought a second head with the doll that I inherited. This head is shown in the photos in this section of the review. While I think both heads are very nice, I thought this one was slightly more photogenic - what do you think?

GENERAL SCULPT QUALITY

Over the past year I've become very fond of 6YE's head sculpts. I think overall, they tend to make the most realistic - and attractive heads. But I think these heads from WM are worthy competition. Both the heads look realistic, and I think are very attractive. Overall, I might still give 6YE a slight edge, but there is no question that WM offers more variety, and is putting out a very attractive product. Again, this is a subjective rating.

SCULPT GRADE - 9/10
DSC00141.jpg
DSC00141.jpg (264.75 KiB) Viewed 3224 times
DSC00142.jpg
DSC00142.jpg (226.19 KiB) Viewed 3224 times
EARS, EYES, NOSE, MOUTH

One of the things I look for in a head is quality of detail in these areas. I think that they knocked this one out of the park.

The mouth is well formed and attractive. As far as using it for oral? I don't think I would try it, it's too small an opening not to risk tearing.

The ears are very nicely formed, and look realistic. I've seen some doll heads with cauliflower ears, odd pieces of debris embedded, or simply sculpted ugly. These are very nice.

The nose is also well formed and nicely sculpted. I've seen dolls with crooked noses, hooked noses, and noses that looked like they belonged on second rate boxers who'd been at it for twenty years. This one is done nicely.

Finally - the eyes. They're EXCELLENT. They may not be $100 handmade models, but take a good look at them, they're realistic and have life to them. Great job!
DSC00141 (2).jpg
DSC00141 (2).jpg (69.51 KiB) Viewed 3224 times
EARS, EYES, NOSE, MOUTH GRADE - 10/10

FRAME / SKELETON

OK, this is a tough one to grade! Because I have two very different impressions of dealing with her after positioning her for a while.

My first impression was overwhelmingly positive. Right out of the box, she wanted to stand on her feet without any assistance. In fact, no matter how many times we moved her, she still wanted to stand unaided. That's enormously impressive and tells me she has a sturdy frame supporting her. I have a 6YE doll that I absolutely love, but she will not stand even if two people try to get her upright - her spine is just too loose. This dolly is a trooper, she WANTS to cooperate with you. And if we get her legs even close to where they need to be positioned, she'll make the process relatively painless. That is, IMO, super impressive. (Not that I'd ever leave a doll standing without any support - it's too easy to damage them if there is a crash)

But my second impression came after trying to position her hip evenly. Even after an hour, we couldn't do it. She always seems to favor her left side a bit. Take a look at the following picture.
DSC00157.jpg
DSC00157.jpg (182.07 KiB) Viewed 3224 times
Now, I think that since she wasn't used when I got her, it is likely her hip will free up as she gets used more. And given that I got her second-hand, I'm not concerned because I expect these kinds of issues. But if I received her new, and could not move her hip well enough to seat her squarely, I'd probably be upset. It shouldn't be that tight. Again, I think she'll loosen up in time, as far as whether this is an issue to be concerned with, use your own judgement.

FRAME / SKELETON GRADE - 8/10

BREASTS and BUTT

OK, now we get to why you're here. Let's just cut right to the chase, her assets are amazing. The sculpt is beautiful, and although her breasts are hollow on this doll, they bounce incredibly. Her nipples and areola are well sculpted, but I wish they had better coloration. This may have been the way she was ordered, I don't know. But the lack of color seems to detract something that might have made her truly outstanding. See what you think.
DSC00132.jpg
DSC00132.jpg (149.32 KiB) Viewed 3224 times
DSC00140.jpg
DSC00140.jpg (131.17 KiB) Viewed 3224 times
DSC00152.jpg
DSC00152.jpg (287.71 KiB) Viewed 3224 times
DSC00145.jpg
DSC00145.jpg (187.43 KiB) Viewed 3224 times
Her butt is also nicely sculpted, although not as amazing as her breasts. It's nice and firm, and well rounded. I haven't seen too many better on dolls of / near this size.
DSC00149.jpg
DSC00149.jpg (157.51 KiB) Viewed 3224 times
BREASTS and BUTT GRADE - 9/10

Next time, I'll finish up with her privates, hands/feet, hair / dress, and a conclusion. Again, let me know if you have any questions.

catnap

Post by catnap »

Well, I thought I would finish today, but I've had some unexpected things to deal with, so this will cover only a few things today.
DSC00186.jpg
DSC00186.jpg (192.12 KiB) Viewed 3118 times
MEASURES

HEIGHT

This doll is advertised as being 148CM tall. My doll measures just a bit more than that, 149CM. Considering that I've seen other dolls vary by as much as 7 or 8 cm, I think that is pretty fantastic. Getting the height correct may not seem like a big deal, but when you are trying to get clothes to fit properly without having to be a freakin' seamstress, it rocks. Kudos on a great job here.

WEIGHT

I've seen this doll advertised as having a weight between 64-80 pounds. That's a big difference. My doll, happily weighs 67 pounds. I don't think I'd be happy with a hollow breasted girl of less than five feet weighing in at 80 pounds... Honestly, it would be nice if she weighed even less. But, for what she is - a big bosomed babe - I'm happy.

BUST

Again, I've seen two different measurements given for the bust size - either 36" or 38". Well, I'm happy to say my girl measures in at almost 39". There's no such thing as too much bosom, is there? :lol:

HIPS

My girl measures 33.5" around the hips. Kudos again for not giving her massive hips! I know we all have our own tastes, but I've never liked wide "guitar shaped" hips on any girl. For me, she's darn near perfect!

FOOT

Her feet fit neatly into a ladies (US) size five. But until I get some caps for her foot studs, she'll be going barefoot!

ORIFICES

I've seen measures of just less than seven inches given for both her vaginal and anal passages. As near as I can measure it, my girl seems to be very close to this - about 7.25 inches. Again, I'm impressed that she is pretty close to spec. That is a sign of good quality control and an overall intention to deliver what is promised.

MEASURES GRADE - 10/10

catnap

Post by catnap »

Moving on to hands, feet, and hair...

HANDS/FEET
DSC00139.jpg
DSC00139.jpg (208.4 KiB) Viewed 3030 times
The hands are well sculpted and look fine. One thing I did notice, and so did a friend who helped me set her up, is that her fingernails aren't recessed at all. I guess this is pretty much standard on every TPE doll I've seen, but it still looks a little odd. And it all makes it easy for her to lose nails. She lost one just as we were getting her dressed. It's not a big deal, but it would be nice if they could improve this.

Then there are her fingers. They use the standard finger wires that we've all come know. In this way she is the same as every other TPE doll out there, regardless of price, that I've ever seen. Her fingers and wrists move fine, and they are easy to pose. Unfortunately, while moving her fingers I noticed that her forefinger has a protrusion on the wire that you can easily feel through the TPE. Not good. I'm going to have to be very careful with her to avoid a poke or tear.
DSC00148.jpg
DSC00148.jpg (171.5 KiB) Viewed 3030 times
Her feet are also nicely shaped. Her ankles pose easily, and her big toe is wired so it can be posed also. She has the standard studs on the bottoms of her feet so she can stand. She does not come with stud caps to protect her stockings, shoes, or anything she stands on. They are going to be on my shopping list because honestly, life without them is difficult. They are cheap, so it would be nice if they were included.
DSC00153.jpg
DSC00153.jpg (272.7 KiB) Viewed 3030 times
DSC00154.jpg
DSC00154.jpg (232.37 KiB) Viewed 3030 times
Overall, I think her hands and feet are pretty well done, but I also think there are some minor improvements that would make her better.

HANDS/FEET GRADE - 8/10

HAIR

I received two original wigs from the previous owner, neither had ever been opened. Usually, the wigs that come with dolls I immediately donate to the local thrift shop so that children can use them for Halloween...
But these wigs surprised me because the quality is really pretty good. I took pictures of her using two of my own wigs that I'd paid about $40 each for, and the two that were included with her, and honestly, these aren't bad wigs at all. If you look at the pictures in this review, can you tell which wigs came with her? I'll tell you at the end of the review.
DSC00183.jpg
DSC00183.jpg (171.71 KiB) Viewed 3030 times
HAIR GRADE - 10/10

Next time I'll cover her privates...
Attachments
DSC00143.jpg
DSC00143.jpg (159.6 KiB) Viewed 3030 times

Gundam
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Gundam »

Nice review. I have a WM148L myself and pretty much agree with your review. I will add that of the now 10 dolls I currently or formerly owned, this doll has the nicest nipples. I also wish the coloration was better. Other than that, they are really nice. Love the puffiness.

subcom117
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by subcom117 »

Large, full breasts and narrow hips,... I'm with you there. She's lovely.
Enjoy your darling woman.
:thumbs_up:

catnap

Post by catnap »

Gundam wrote:Nice review. I have a WM148L myself and pretty much agree with your review. I will add that of the now 10 dolls I currently or formerly owned, this doll has the nicest nipples. I also wish the coloration was better. Other than that, they are really nice. Love the puffiness.
Hi Gundam,

Thanks for the kind comment. I want to thank you again because you were one of the people who responded when I asked about big-breasted dolls a while back. The comments you and others left helped me decide to go ahead and make the trade for this girl even though I was hesitant to take on two extra dolls with her. I'm glad I did. Despite a few minor shortcomings (like every doll seems to have) - she's fantastic.

catnap

Post by catnap »

subcom117 wrote:Large, full breasts and narrow hips,... I'm with you there. She's lovely.
Enjoy your darling woman.
:thumbs_up:
Thanks!

catnap

Post by catnap »

We're coming into the home stretch now...

PRIVATES
DSC00146.jpg
DSC00146.jpg (168.4 KiB) Viewed 2890 times
Please study the above picture. Now, go take a look at the placement of the anus vis-a-vis the vagina on a real woman. Notice how far away the anus is positioned on the doll by comparison? To me it's certainly "not quite right."

Now, there are probably reasons for this relating to fear of tearing if the orifices were placed normally, or possibly issues in working with the mold when she is made. But I really wish they'd improve on this.

Another thing I'd like you to look at is the sculpt of her anus... it's just a hole. That means that if you take any photos from the rear when she is unclothed, she immediately looks "wrong." Since the idea is for the doll to look as lifelike as possible ( at least I hope it is the idea ) then it would be nice if this was fixed. It's not a major issue, but in these regards she is just the same as much cheaper dolls from other manufacturers. It's an area where she could be improved fairly easily I'd think.

Her vagina is decently modeled and I think is better than some other dolls I've seen. But again, I think the quality would be enhanced if there were some realistic coloration. To me, this just looks too fake without color. Again, probably not a major issue, but one I think would improve her if it were fixed.

An examination of her orifices found no debris, or poor molding, so that is very good. That isn't always the case with some manufacturers.
DSC00150.jpg
DSC00150.jpg (135.52 KiB) Viewed 2890 times
PRIVATES GRADE - 8/10

DRESS

Like almost all dolls, she came with a dress included. In this case, a nightgown. You can see it in the following picture.
DSC00130.jpg
DSC00130.jpg (291.66 KiB) Viewed 2890 times
It's actually decent quality, and it does cover her breasts - both points in her favor. But it really doesn't cover her bottom very well. Depending on circumstances, that could be a bonus...

No grade for the dress, it's basically standard.

VALUE

Well, this is highly subjective, but I'll take a stab at it. With standing feet, a single head, and no additional options, she is going to run you just under $2000 if you catch a sale. You can always find cheaper dolls if you look. But overall, I think she is a pretty good value considering the obvious quality of the sculpt, the enormous variety of heads available, and the general quality of her manufacture.

One question I can't answer is how good is her TPE? The only way to find that out is to check on her in a year. Will the TPE hold up well, or will it tear badly? I have dolls that are two years old with hardly a blemish, and I have dolls that tore horribly during the process of simply dressing them. So, who can say for sure?

However, the TPE does look to be good quality, and has not had any offensive smells. So, I take that as a good sign.

VALUE GRADE - 9/10

CONCLUSION

I like her - a lot. There are some minor drawbacks, but every doll has some things that could be improved on. For a big-bosomed babe, I think she's pretty much at the top of the game. I would not hesitate to get another one if I wanted.

Finally, the long black wig, and the short blond one were included with her. They're not too bad at all, I think.

setevoltas
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by setevoltas »

Really thorough review. Thanks for posting it.

Like you, I think she's lovely doll. You should be really proud and happy to have her.

Also like you though, I think WM really needs to step their game up in terms of private part molding and anatomical placement if they still want to be considered "industry leaders". They are falling further and further behind other manufacturers in that department and don't seem to care. It's come up in several threads lately.

Their face selection and the flood of 166Cs can't hide this shortcoming forever. People want better and are finding it in other brands.
Sete's Gatas
Instagram - @setesartphotography

catnap

Post by catnap »

Here are some photos with a different head I already had.
DSC00233.jpg
DSC00233.jpg (470.55 KiB) Viewed 2659 times
DSC00235.jpg
DSC00235.jpg (467.69 KiB) Viewed 2659 times
DSC00238.jpg
DSC00238.jpg (444.89 KiB) Viewed 2659 times

catnap

Post by catnap »

Another picture with the auburn wig.
DSC00246.jpg
DSC00246.jpg (470.62 KiB) Viewed 2544 times