www.wmdolls.com

Can't get rid of smell on head. Different TPE than body?

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
Aeron
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Can't get rid of smell on head. Different TPE than body?

Post by Aeron »

I recently got a WM163 with a #70 head. I washed both pretty thoroughly. The body doesn't really smell anymore, unless you get really close. But the head still has a pretty terrible smell. The moment I opened the container it was stored in, the smell came out. The whole entire container had the smell, and the smell is even sticking to some of the clothes that were in the container.

It's not possible to wash the head as aggressively as the body since it has the makeup, eyes, and eyelashes, so is there a special way to clean the head? Or is the head made from the older generation of TPE that always smells?

symmes

Re: Can't get rid of smell on head. Different TPE than body?

Post by symmes »

Did you buy both at the same time? My understanding is that everything's made at once, so if you ordered it all at once, I would expect that the head and body would use the same TPE blend. That said, I'm not an expert on doll production, so I might well be mistaken. Also, even if my understanding is correct, I suppose it's possible they found a head in a box somewhere from a previous production run and shipped it to you with a newer order.

FWIW, the OR Doll 156cm I bought a year ago had a very strong TPE odor that just would not go away, no matter how many times I washed her, even after half a year. I ended up getting rid of that doll. I suppose it's conceivable you've got a head made from the same TPE formula that Jinsan was using at that time.

Aeron
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Aeron »

Yes, bought together. This is a recent purchase when they supposedly changed the TPE blend.

The body and head smell seemed to smell a bit different though. I washed the head again, now I can only smell it from 2-3 inches away, but the smell is a more pungent than the body. Seems when left in a container, it will concentrate over time.

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Sofos »

It may very well be the makeup that smells and not the tpe. Especially since you say the smell isn't exactly the same.

AAAP

Post by AAAP »

Can you describe the smell? I don't own a doll yet, but for those that do, they may be able to tell you what it is based on your description.

Aeron
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Aeron »

Don't know how to describe it. It's not pleasant and not really comparable to anything I can think of. Anyway, will have to see if it goes away with time.

Hungry Bear
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Hungry Bear »

AAAP wrote:Can you describe the smell? I don't own a doll yet, but for those that do, they may be able to tell you what it is based on your description.
I have a doll with a fruity/solvent kind of smell. Two months, six washings, and sitting in an open room with window slightly. It is going away very slowly, but still cant get close to the doll. The box and blanket had to go in the trash.
It is okay to feed the bear! In fact, it is highly recommended! Just be sure to count your fingers afterword.

grimreefer24601

Post by grimreefer24601 »

Assuming you gave her a good initial clean.

Give her a baby oil bath. Make sure you rub the oil in deep into the Head. Let it soak a bit. Wipe it off. Then oil again and then wipe it off immediately.

She should smell like baby oil at this point.

theyankeejudge
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by theyankeejudge »

Yes I have the same problem with my new WM doll, the heads are very strong smelling. The body smells but not as bad. I have only had her for a week. Anyone else who can help would great, because all I was told it could be worse and that they warned me that certain tpe was smelleir than others. Thanks man.

CarpetLover

Post by CarpetLover »

You know the factory pictures, where you can see the factory in the background... that show seemingly hundreds of dolls hanging, or laying around.....

Maybe they are letting them dry out. And sometimes, they have to send people brand new heads or bodies that smell bad, where other people receive (dried out) dolls that dont smell at all.

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

Yes folks, TPE smell lasts about a month, before it dissipates, got to plug your nose until then.. :puppydogeyes:

Mitchy
Doll
Doll

Post by Mitchy »

Careful with oiling the heads, it can take off the makeup. Washing also, you must handle with care. I know, I have new eyebrows hehehe. My sister is 6ye and she had a bit of odor, but a few careful washings, and some perfume in the hair and on clothing helps a lot. My other sis is from MSLD and she had a strong odor, but it is finally fading away. Took several months, and MSLD would not name the Mfgr.
Bears naughty but nice kitten

menvy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by menvy »

Mine makes me think like.... fruity clay or play dough.... which its more fruity now.. maybe. She never smelled really bad. She is a WM. Ive had her a couple weeks I think.

winterwarBo
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by winterwarBo »

When I first got Kat her head smelled like an ashtray. It was like TPE and Marlboros..
The Home for Wayward Dollies
Kat ~ WM #36/ASDoll 158C ~ 10-24-16
Janie ~ WM 161G #53 ~ 12-5-16
Quinn ~ Rifrano 158DD #39 ~ 11-2-17
Lisa ~ WM 156B #46 ~ 7-7-18
Sarah-Jo ~ MLD 168DD #39 ~ 6-18-19
Jennifer ~ MLD 165F #2 ~ 11-27-19
Brittany ~ WM155 #46 ~ 3-13-20
Heather ~ WM163C #38 ~ 8-14-20
Melina ~ PIB GND Bitsy Fairy ~ 1-1-21
Aliel~ RD BT2 Winter ~ 2-13-21
Morgana~ YL148 ~ 4-3-21