www.wmdolls.com

A few questions from a noob

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
Huckleberry
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

A few questions from a noob

Post by Huckleberry »

Hi everyone.

Great to be part of the community. I have some questions which other noobs might have and the community can answer for us, with their knowledge and experience, and which I've been unable to locate by searching. So apologies if I'm treading old ground. I'll make the questions short, sharp and sweet.

1. Can I acrylic paint, spray paint, or use latex paint on tpe, to achieve that elusive tight catsuit effect?
2. Can I use a toothbrush in the orifices to assist in giving it a good scrub up there?
3. If I insert fully globular eyeballs instead of the half moons, will it damage the eye socket?
4. What materials are most harmful to tpe and a definite no no?
5. I'm still struggling to find the best method to clean stains/make up. (I'm in the UK so a lot of products mentioned are US based)
6. Can someone recommend the best life-like wigs?
7. I wanted my Nikki to stand all the time, but I'm hearing that too long is bad. Is it a matter of hours or days we're talking? Her ass just looks too fine when she stands. :)

I want to cosplay a lot with her, and she's game, glad to say. I'm looking forward to lots of photo sessions and all round good clean fun. :twisted:

I actually asked the London Comic-con if I could take her into a convention, but they said no. Which seems prejudiced, because if I'm not allowed to wheel her in a wheelchair or other wheeled devices, then why are others allowed to do so and show off their art?
Nikki : WM, 140cm, Head #88
She's a doll!

hentai_11

Re: A few questions from a noob

Post by hentai_11 »

I own my WM-Doll nearly 2 years and thought I could answer noob questions. However your questions are so special, that I nearly can't answer any of them ...

1. No idea
2. I wouldn't do it, a new toothbrush is usually pretty hard (and you definately shouldn't use a used one). Sounds too risky.
3. No idea
4. Silicon based lube
5. I test suspicious clothes before use. If she accidently still get stains I wait until they disappear on their own. (May take multiple weeks)
6. I am not a fan of life like wigs. I prefer wigs in bright anime colours. Maybe you want to check out the following thread. My doll posted all her wigs there. There are also some recommendations from other dolls: http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 6&start=15
7. No idea. My doll has no standing feets.

Sucks that you can't take her to Comic-con. Maybe the Comic-con fears that their fans find out, that they could really fuck a beautifull doll instead to masturbate to comics. That would definately destroy their business ...

ccrider32759
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ccrider32759 »

Huckleberry wrote:Hi everyone.

Great to be part of the community. I have some questions which other noobs might have and the community can answer for us, with their knowledge and experience, and which I've been unable to locate by searching. So apologies if I'm treading old ground. I'll make the questions short, sharp and sweet.

1. Can I acrylic paint, spray paint, or use latex paint on tpe, to achieve that elusive tight catsuit effect?
2. Can I use a toothbrush in the orifices to assist in giving it a good scrub up there?
3. If I insert fully globular eyeballs instead of the half moons, will it damage the eye socket?
5. I'm still struggling to find the best method to clean stains/make up. (I'm in the UK so a lot of products mentioned are US based)
7. I wanted my Nikki to stand all the time, but I'm hearing that too long is bad. Is it a matter of hours or days we're talking? Her ass just looks too fine when she stands. :)

I want to cosplay a lot with her, and she's game, glad to say. I'm looking forward to lots of photo sessions and all round good clean fun. :twisted:

I actually asked the London Comic-con if I could take her into a convention, but they said no. Which seems prejudiced, because if I'm not allowed to wheel her in a wheelchair or other wheeled devices, then why are others allowed to do so and show off their art?
1. I will leave this to the pros out there, but TPE having oil will surely make painting a task.
2. I wouldn't recoment this, you may actually scrape the insides leaving grooves for mold to grow in.
3. My understanding is that there is often fill behind the eyes, so remove the eyes and adjust the amount of fill to fit the new eye.
4. Silicone and TPE don't play well together. Don't use silicone lubes. The pros will probably have more harmful chemicals to list
5. A&H peroxide toothpaste, acne facial cleanser, mineral oils are all used for stain removal. Search threads, there are a few great ones about this.
6. Google "real hair wigs" if you want to go high end. Pricey! Some costume makers have great options as well as Amazon, Ebay, and other online stores.
7. Another for the pros. I don't suspect any issues with standing as long as she's not able to be knocked over and damaged. The preferred method is to have her laying down on her back, arms and legs away from the body so the skin won't be touching and accidentally stick together. This could cause a tear.

Hope this helps. TDF has a lot of great threads out there to go further into these topics from people who actually know their stuff.
My gals:
Suzie: WM 163cm C cup (2015)
Tama: JY 148cm D cup (2018)

Saki and Hanabi 6YE 160cm G cup

AmnioDoll
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by AmnioDoll »

Huckleberry,

Thanks for posting this, I'm new here too, currently waiting for my girl to be delivered :)

I can't answer everything but based on what I've been reading here's what I can:

2. I would avoid using anything abrasive as it can damage the TPE, the best solution I've seen for cleaning the orifices is a douche and then using a small sponge and forceps.
5. Stains are my biggest concern, especially as so many clothes are black. I will wash everything I get first but I still worry about it
6. If you google natural wigs you'll get some good results. Prices tend to be around £100 to £150 for something decent, human hair wigs are way, way more though!
7. I'm looking forward to admiring my girls ass too, but I didn't go for the standing model, instead, you could pose her like this...

hentai_11

Post by hentai_11 »

AmnioDoll wrote: 7. I'm looking forward to admiring my girls ass too, but I didn't go for the standing model, instead, you could pose her like this...

Sorry to tell you, but you shouldn't pose her like this over extended periods of time. Depending on your choosen chest size, you risk malforming her breasts. Also the elbows will be stressed carrying the weigth. But a few hours for some photo shot are okay. :wink:
legs.gif
legs.gif (3.86 MiB) Viewed 1634 times

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi, in answer to your specific question about standing your doll, providing that she has the standing foot bolts then yes, you can stand her for prolonged periods. I have a WM145D and a WM158D and they both stand permanently. Actually this is preferable to having them sit as it keeps the legs straight which in turn reduces the stress on the groin area. One thing you may want to consider though is adding some extra protection to the feet. I have done this by adding large washers under the bolt head which spreads the load a bit and offers some extra protection to the tpe on the feet. If you check out the 'standing foot mod' thread you will see what I mean. Most importantly, when standing you need to have a supporting wall or piece of furniture for the doll to lean against and if she will be there for a while then place a piece of sponge between her and the wall (I use a washing up sponge). My WM145 has been standing since she arrived last summer and she seems fine and her feet still look as good as new. Remember that the standing foot option is purely designed to allow the doll to take her own weight, it isn't designed to allow the doll to 'free stand' and whilst some members have managed to balance their gals to stand without support, it can be tricky and will lead to damage if you wander off so always bear this in mind when locating a suitable place to stand your new gal.

AmnioDoll
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by AmnioDoll »

hentai_11 wrote:
Sorry to tell you, but you shouldn't pose her like this over extended periods of time. Depending on your choosen chest size, you risk malforming her breasts. Also the elbows will be stressed carrying the weigth. But a few hours for some photo shot are okay. :wink:
Mine is a WM 157 B Cup, so they aren't too big, but it's good to know thank you :)

Stress points are another thing I need to find out more about. What about sitting with her legs under her? I guess the stress points there are the knees and feet?

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

AmnioDoll wrote:
hentai_11 wrote:
Mine is a WM 157 B Cup, so they aren't too big, but it's good to know thank you :)

Stress points are another thing I need to find out more about. What about sitting with her legs under her? I guess the stress points there are the knees and feet?

Yes that position should only be set up for the purpose of a quick photo shoot for say a few mins as stretching the limbs so much will put a strain on the tpe, which is indeed able to stretch but if you want your gal to last then it's prudent to be aware of the limitations of the material. A good place to look is to check out the 'honeymoon' thread which contains advice in the care and maintenance of tpe.

hentai_11

Post by hentai_11 »

AmnioDoll wrote: Mine is a WM 157 B Cup, so they aren't too big, but it's good to know thank you :)

The knees were one of the first things I damaged, because of my inexperience. I would be extra carefull with them. Also keep in mind that the weight is unevenly distributed, when she sits like on your picture. I wouldn't let her sit on anything different than her ass.

The best position for longer periods is laying on her back. (Or alternatively hanging her, but I don't have the equipment ...)

AmnioDoll
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by AmnioDoll »

hentai_11 wrote:The knees were one of the first things I damaged, because of my inexperience. I would be extra carefull with them. Also keep in mind that the weight is unevenly distributed, when she sits like on your picture. I wouldn't let her sit on anything different than her ass.

The best position for longer periods is laying on her back. (Or alternatively hanging her, but I don't have the equipment ...)
Thanks for the advice!

What about laying on her side in bed?

Arthur1960 wrote:Yes that position should only be set up for the purpose of a quick photo shoot for say a few mins as stretching the limbs so much will put a strain on the tpe, which is indeed able to stretch but if you want your gal to last then it's prudent to be aware of the limitations of the material. A good place to look is to check out the 'honeymoon' thread which contains advice in the care and maintenance of tpe.
Good to know, I think I'm going to have to be very careful with her for the first few weeks!

Thank you both!

The Romantic
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Romantic »

I second what Arthur says. With the standing feet she can stand for prolonged periods of time. I always make sure they are wearing good socks and proper sized, stable footwear. My two girls are 15 & 18 months old and the feet are still in great shape. Makes storage or hiding in a closet so fast and easy.

When one (or both!) of my girls are in bed for more than a day, I change up the position. Laying on one side or the other, then on the back. I've had no issues doing this. Just protect the fingers.
"Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze."

phapart
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by phapart »

Find a good place to keep her

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

7. I wanted my Nikki to stand all the time, but I'm hearing that too long is bad. Is it a matter of hours or days we're talking? Her ass just looks too fine when she stands.
Hi Huckleberry!

My take on this:-

1. TPE needs to breathe. It is slightly porous and can take paint/ink to a certain extent but the way it’s made using aromatic hydrocarbons inhibits most of the materials you mentioned from ‘sticking’! These oils gradually evaporate through the ‘skin’ and it is these that interact with clothing to release dyes that stain! The film Goldfinger comes to mind where a lady is covered in gold paint and supposedly dies because her skin couldn’t breathe! I would be wary of sprayon paint as you’ve suggested! Bits might stick but other bits WILL flake off and you’re left with a mess that will be hard to remove! Yes, some members have used acrilic paint on lips and small parts with reasonable success but it needs constant touch up, particularly if you like kissing her! Some members, including me, tend to use permanent markers (I use Sharpies) for lips and nipples etc but it needs topping up every now and again as it fades after a week or two.

2. I sit mine on a foldup camping toilet seat in an underbed plastic storage tub. I then use a bulb siphon with plastic tubing, pretty warm water with a couple of squirts of antibacterial handsoap in to squirt into the relevant orifice (I have insert versions so it’s anal passage for me occasionally). I let her drip dry then a cloth on a stick to dry her but I have to be very careful there! If you use an abrasive brush like a toothbrush her contoured insides will not last long!

3. MannequinFan has developed moveable eyes which work well and have replaceable irises! However, you need to know what size the halfround eyeballs are before trying replacements. It may be worth contacting him for advice.

4. Yeah, silicone products but also alcohol based ones too! It’s best to stick to the simplest products as many ‘additives’ that are good for humans may not be good for your lady! Baby Oil and Vaseline (both liquidum paraffinium) is fine but don’t use them too liberally! Baby oil can be used for makeup removal.

5. Crazy Cajun came up with acne cream! It’s benzoyl peroxide (I have brand Acnecide) and works a treat! Takes a few days (depending on extent of stains) and I had to do a couple of coats on Vivette recently so it took about a week. The tubes can be got from a Chemists and they cost less than £10 but worth it as it’s the only effective stain remover other than the proper stuff costing a lot more!

6. Human hair wigs are best but expensive (mostly!). I would suggest getting cheapish short hair wigs for bedtime use (most wigs get bedhair as soon as the head hits the pillow) so when one gets too bad just throw it away! My Ashaki has two human hair Afro wigs which cost about £40 each but some human hair ones are in the hundreds of pounds! Worth it but you can get good quality synthetic ones too! My other two ladies have cheapish synthetic ones and they are fine! The cheaper the wig usually the worse it tangles! However, if you get two at a time it’s less than an expensive one and so you can have one for bedtime and one for posing!

7. Most dolls can stand for long periods as long as they have a third point of contact, even if they don’t have the standing foot option. The exception to this is when they have loose joints. My Vivette now has really loose hip and knee joints but I can still get her to stand if I lock them vertically (mind you, she is a big lump to get her there and it is exhausting sometimes!). The thing to watch is twisting the ‘flesh’ of the foot on the footplate. Also, as I said above, TPE evaporates oils so if you lean her on something like a wall you’ll have an oily patch in just a few minutes! Use a cushion or piece of sponge and that should be sufficient. For short periods in shoots you can have her using her arm on something like the back of a chair but don’t leave her unattended like that! I’ve had Ashaki collapse several times but fortunately caught her each time - just! Graeme at LoveDoll UK in Gateshead stands his dolls all the time as it reduces storage space!

As for other ‘positions’, any pressure on the flesh can cause compression marks etc so don’t leave her in one position for very long periods. When I picked Vivette up she had been laying in her box for over six months (long story) and had a slightly flattened bum! Warm massage can get marks and flattened areas out but just change her position every now and again and you should avoid that! As for poses, the problem with them is that to bend her arms and legs you are putting strain on the ‘stretchy’ bits like elbows and knees. If you do this a lot it may cause a tear! However, a bit of Vaseline occasionally on those areas (and crotch if you spread her legs) can help prevent tearing.

I hope that helps, cheers, Hollows.
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

Tomoe
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Tomoe »

Huckleberry wrote:
Welcome Huckleberry :) I'll do my best to answer your questions:

1: I guess, maybe... but it would be permanent (as most of the stuff you would use to remove such paint would also dissolve TPE), and the paint might also be bad for the TPE. Why not just buy her an actual catsuit?
2: Wouldn't do that, you'll only damage the TPE and make grooves where the mold can grow. I recommend you get a doll with insert instead, makes cleaning a LOT easier.
3: Should be fine. There's usually lots of room stuffed with cotton in the eye socket, so you can adjust as needed.
4: Silicone based stuff, latex, acetone (will straight up dissolve the TPE), also be careful with heat as TPE can melt and deform rather easily if subjected to high temps (say 60-70+ celsius). That being said putting her under an electric heating blanket for a couple of hours to prepare for fun-time is generally just fine. I've done that hundreds of times with no problem. Just be careful the first couple of times to make sure your blanket doesn't give off too much heat.
5: mineral oil, or just soap and water works fine really. For actual color staining from clothes there's some TPE stain cleaner you can buy from many vendors. Or it'll come out over time on its own.
6. I generally buy cheap-ish cosplay wigs from Aliexpress and replace fairly often. Allows for greater variety and I like to do cosplay with my dolls. If you want the most realistic go for human hair wigs, but those are fairly expensive (like £200 and up) compared to a decent synthetic wig (£7 and up).
7. If she has standing feet that might be ok, but make sure she's got all the weight on those bolts in her soles. She should also be leaning against something preferably, you don't want her falling over.

hope that was helpful!
My dolls:
Emilia DS 145 Elf
Angelica 165 cm anime fabric doll with silicone head

Previously owned dolls:
Katherine WM 135 cm
Miyuki 160 cm Anime fabric

Huckleberry
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Huckleberry »