www.yourdoll.com

Clothing size/measurment questions

Clothing, footwear, hats, gloves, jewelry, etc. Store bought, modified and handmade.
Newbietodolls
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Clothing size/measurment questions

Post by Newbietodolls »

Hello TDF members! As my name states I am very new to dolls and womens clothing.
Never in my life have I been interested in finding the perfect sized clothes until now. I purchsed a WM 156C B29/W23/H32 from beautifull dolls and is waiting to receive her in weeks time.

I looked up U.S sizing for women and these measurement fit the small size category.
Did I read the chart right? Is it really small size I have to be looking for?

It would be very helpful if experienced doll owners gave me some pointers when looking for good fitting clothes. On another matter, I did read up on the dangers of staining TPE and how to avoid them.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Clothing size/measurment questions

Post by Mr Franz »

For the most part those measurements will equate to a small by US standards. Sizing does vary somewhat however one manufacturer to the next and between specific items. As well as the material it's made of. Best to wait until she arrives and take your own measurements and compare that with manufacturer size charts for the specific item you're interested in. After a while you'll start to get a feel for what will and will not fit.

Hiyoko
Doll
Doll

Post by Hiyoko »

Hello Newbie. I am doll member here. Try to find petite size instead of regular lady size. Try 0P or 00P. If regular size try size zero or Xsmall. She short like me and many regular woman size small still too long, so get petite if you can. Buy her nice things, she will like you. Cheers!
Here is my pictures in Doll Album galleries:
https://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/i ... ?cat=15020

Abernathy

Post by Abernathy »

@ newbietodolls
She's a size 0 or extra small. I recommend waiting until she arrives.
I've had my girl for a few days, almost nothing off-the-rack fits her. She's a JY Doll 170cm Alyssa.
I am really, really happy with her, but her proportions are not like a real girl, She has 34" hips and chest (87 cm), and a 20" waist (50 cm). Added complexity in that she's 5' 7" tall with narrow shoulders. My plan is to get a sewing machine and learn how to alter and make clothing ASAP. I'm glad I waited to get her before I bought a lot of clothing.
Currently she relaxes 24/7 in the white body suit that came with her; It protects her from my dirty hands and random stains, plus it fits, and she looks sexy in it.
Kaygo - JY 170, (Sigrid) head

lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by lilbitlonely »

I have a YL155A doll with basically the same measurements (30-22-32). As long your doll's actual measurements are the same as what's listed, You are in luck, with lots of clothes to choose from - and no sewing/alterations needed.

Women's XS, Junior's size 0, and Children's size 12 should fit her like they were made for her, aside from the doll having the typical short stomach. (Some shirts are long enough to be dresses). Women's XXS, Junior's 00, and Children's size 10 will fit, but will be nearly skin-tight (so be careful putting them on, and taking them off - wearing a body stocking under her clothes will make this easier).

Women's size small might be a little loose/baggy. It should work fine for T-shirts/sweaters/jackets, but probably not for non-stretchy halter tops like denim, leather, etc.

For pants, my doll has a 28" inseam, so I expect your doll might be close to that too, but measure it yourself, first.

For stretchy one-piece bathing suits, you can go from Women's XXS all the way down to a Children's size 7, due to the doll's short stomach (otherwise, the middle of the suit can look baggy). String bikini's are very adjustable and give you more leeway, being in two separate pieces.

My doll likes women's shoe sizes 4-5, but YL vs. WM may have different sized feet?

That being said, it's always best to wait for your doll to arrive, so you can take her actual measurements before spending money on clothing that won't fit.

Once you know your doll's clothing size(s), I recommend shopping at Swap.com

Best of luck

Newbietodolls
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Newbietodolls »

Thank you all so much for giving great advice! My first step is getting an measuring tape since I do not have one. I hope the measurement are the same on the doll as the vendor states, I even went to WM website to see their specifications on my particular doll and it matches with the vendor’s description.
As many have suggested I will hold off on buying clothes blind and wait for her to arrive.

Once again thank you TDF members!

INFORMATIONS