www.yourdoll.com

Very cheap clothes and accessories sources

Clothing, footwear, hats, gloves, jewelry, etc. Store bought, modified and handmade.
Unknown03
Former Member

Re: Very cheap clothes and accessories sources

Post by Unknown03 »

UnderlordDave wrote:A site I've used for a few outfits for my 100cm was lightinthebox.com. They are a chinese company so delivery time is in the few weeks time range but the prices are very cheap and the chinese have a bit more risque outfits in their child sizes.
Thanks for the tip! Luna is a 130cm doll, so it's hard to find sexy things in her size. I have had some luck with the Wish app which is also China based.

the0o
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by the0o »

I have had alot of luck on Ebay, I have over a dozen dress that I spent less that 4 bucks on, Only issues is shipping time and cleaning the excess dye.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

I've purchased some nice things on swap.com - They sell name brand used clothing dirt cheap. Easy to deal with and a very liberal return policy.

donoghu
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by donoghu »

I'll add something for those living outside of the US.

If you purchase clothes, accessories (or anything really) via Paypal for a transaction that goes from USD to your currency, double check with your credit card and bank services to see how much they charge for the currency conversion rate.
Paypal is writing that they charge 2.5% as a currency conversion rate, but that's only half the true. They charge 2.5% on the highest rate of the last 20 days. This means that if the rate is somewhat fluctuating during the month and, for 1 day, the exchange rate for, in example, is 0.79 USD (US dollars) per CAD (Canadian Dollars), even if the rate raise to 0.81 at the day of purchase, they will keep it at 0.79 and remove 0.025 to that amount.
When it comes to a credit card, it's usually either a flat 2.5% or even a 0% (if you got the right card). The bank might charge too, but from what I have seen (at least here), the conversion rate of digital currency (meaning no physical money is exchanged, so no transit fee nor storage fee) is around 1% or even 0% in most case. The big difference is that they update the conversion rate on a daily basic and that also means that if the exchange rate is favorable at that day, you'll save up to 5% from your purchase!

I did it with the purchase of my first Doll which was priced at 990 USD while on a good sale. Paypal was charging me a total of 1380 CAD after conversion rate while, if I selected my Credit Card as the one who convert the amount, the cost raised at 1270 CAD after conversion instead (and on my CC bill, it's stated that the amount was 990$ USD converted to CAD). That 110 CAD difference allowed me to fully equip myself with the right maintenance equipment for my upcoming Doll and also allowed me to buy some base clothes since she comes only with her panties.

BillMartin9029
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by BillMartin9029 »

poshmark.com

Though maybe not super cheap, easy to shop, wide selection of good quality stuff gently used. And a good selection of sizes. Just bought my first two pieces, fast delivery.
My Doll: Hiyoko (6YE 150D Face X19)
Hiyoko's Galleries:
https://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/i ... ?cat=15020

Johnnyhero1
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Johnnyhero1 »

I get all my clothes and wigs from a website where everything is £5.00

https://www.everything5pounds.com/en/Wo ... =relevance

Either this or I just use ebay.

Short skirt, high heels, knickers, a bra and a nice low cut top for £15.00 and she looks like a total babe.

donoghu
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by donoghu »

Forry221 wrote:I guess it would be a good choice to use aliexpress coupon canada to buy cheap clothes. I usually use them to get something cheaper than it is :lol: But be careful if you start using coupons it is hard to stop doing it :D :evil:
I have checked Aliexpress and did quite a bit of research around it.
It's basically what I call a Clickbait monster site similarly to website like www.wish.com.
At least it got decent filtering options.

What's a Clickbait monster site (CMS)?
It's a website that promotes as much flash prices as possible even if it ends up being fake.

Basically, when you filter with a maximum price in mind, those kind of websites are worth nothing and will requires you to click hundreds of items just to find one that is actually selling at the price tag displayed on the search page. For example, you might see a sweet piece of clothe with a price tag announced 2.52$-12.50$ (with or without a X% off sticker) on the search page, but once you check whatever is available in size, color, etc. the prices will be actually displaying around 6$ or more per item and that "sweet" 2.52$ is actually not available at all. This ends up polluting your search quite a bit.

Technically, it's no totally AliExpress' fault. well, yeah it is... but it's because of a small missing features in their system (that they have obviously willingly omitted).
The trick vendors are using is adding 1 option to their item that is actually not available (at that price). Call it a "fake" option. To that "fake" option, they put a way-too-low price. Obviously, AliExpress wouldn't allow this if they were to set the price yet already set the item as unavailable so the Seller actually put the item and quickly "buy" all of them as soon as they appear on the site list. This is a workaround that takes only a minute and since the seller and the buyer is basically the same person, but the system doesn't know it, the insane lowest price of the item is now registered to the item in the list.
The risks of them seeing their "fake" item sold is low and, maybe, 1 or 2 people will be lucky enough. That's within their margin of error as, in exchange, they got some premium emplacement when the customer put their search list by price order.

When I wrote, above, a missing feature, I'm writing about the feature of making unavailable options of item to not count in the "current" prices of the item. That's something that is quite easy to implement in fact, but it's logical to assume that AliExpress omitted this feature to allow an higher traffic rate on their website. (a.k.a. lots of click baits from search engines and such.)

I'm not writing that AliExpress is 100% fake and that it's a scam, but more that it requires a LOT of time to find something within your budget if you got a shopping list to fill up. If you "buy on a whim" and don't really have a budget per say, it's alright if you consider the 20-30 days delivery time required.

Also, note that AliExpress (like Wish.com) actually have a relatively high rate legal issues and it payment methods are limited.

In my case, I used a pre-paid credit card I have especially bought/activated for Wish.com since I can't use Paypal on AliExpress. (Pre-paid credit card only allows you or anyone to take less than the amount of cash available on the card. If your card's number is stolen, it can't exceed its amount in purchases.)
When you got a store website that has millions of customers per years and there's a disturbing rate of 12%-18% who rate the website as unsecure or a scam due to their bad experience such as receiving the wrong item, residual charges (meaning additional charge on the CC 1-2 months after the purchase) or simply not receiving the item, you shouldn't be taking the risk of letting that kind of website anywhere close to your actual bank account or credit cards! (If even just 5% of the customers rate the site, that's still close to 60,000 customers not liking their experience per million. That's pretty bad in a way!)

I had 5.25$ left on that card and decided to buy 1 gray shorts (looks like the mix between shorts and underwear) and 1 black Two Pieces Set with Bra And Briefs. (No frame in the bra. It's kinda like a semi-loose sport bra.) If the displayed price tags in my search would have been right, I would have bought the black two pieces as well as a red dress... but the red dress' actual price wasn't at 2.60$ as stated, but at 13.50$ (which change as soon as you select any options available.)

INFORMATIONS