www.mysiliconelovedoll.com

Second doll... Am I now a collector? :P

www.mysiliconelovedoll.com is a website 100% dedicated to love dolls, and body parts (legs, torso, hands, feet) TPE/TPR & silicone.
Our goal is to gather a wide ranging choice of products to allow people to have fun the way they want. For each doll you can choose your outfit via a wide range of clothes mysiliconelovedoll.com/costumes/. We offer free shipping for all our orders and we deliver all over the world.
Support in English/French/German/Spanish
donoghu
Active Poster
Active Poster

Second doll... Am I now a collector? :P

Post by donoghu »

Hey everyone, how is it going?

I just made an order for a new doll. With the Spring Sale being extended to the May 10th that includes an extra head, wig, set of eyes and the cleaning kit + Storage kit for free, it's really HARD to avoid it.

As some might have noticed in another post, I ordered Dora Elf from MSLD.
https://www.mysiliconelovedoll.com/elf-sex-doll-dora

I already have a name for her : Luna.
It's a common name for elf in fiction stories, but I find it simple and cute so why not?

A bit of an history review of mine. I bought a Miranda doll (which I call "Date") back in July of last year. It had its price at $990 which is really great for a starter. First doll and god I was nervous.
Received it quite fast even though I had some bit of issues with UPS (delivery service).

To be honest, it was in the top 5 of the "best" purchases I have made in the last 10 years.
(#1 is taking classes in 3D modeling and animation for movies & video games. #2 is the upgraded GPU for my PC. It could easily fit in #3 or #4 along the side of my XBox One.)

Took really good care of her for a few months, but I'll admit that some stuff happened and while I still take care of her as much as I can, I wasn't able to take care of her as well after a while. The main issue I had was related to the cleaning. Not that I hated doing it, but more that I had to do it far too often. I'm living in an apartment below ground level and there's a bit of a dust problem since my windows are all at shoulder-height. She suffered from it. I had to keep her wrapped in the soft sheet she came in all the time as she's a true dust magnet.

I did quite a few mistakes with her.
• I got one of her finger pierced by the skeleton inside of it. (Her finger was jammed when I moved her and the finger's wire wasn't straight.)
• Even after many cleaning cycles and water & soap dipping to remove any excess of colors, some underwears still left some print on her.
• When transporting her around the apartment (feet first), her feet hit some door frame and it did damage the under-sole's surface.
• Upon playing with her in certain positions, the TPE around the legs came loose from the skeleton. (It's not "wrong", but it does make her legs a bit flappy.)
• Damaged her knees. The skeleton's knees pierced through the TPE when her leg touched a solid surface. Due to the flappy TPE of her leg, there was no "resistance" against the real precise stretching new the knee.
• A few minor scraps here and there.
• I pierced a 2nd hole in her vagina. This might have started from how I cleaned her after each uses which might have created a small weakness and then, when use after use, it extended. I noticed the 2nd inner hole when I did a really through cleaning. I knew I can be hard, but damn it was a shock. (To put it in perspective, it's a bit like if you were to pierce vaginal canal upward toward the bladder.)

I had to adapt my play with her. I also gave her medical knee pads I had ever since I hurt both of my knees at a previous job.
Those knee pad are used to add resistance and support to the knee in standing position. Not only this makes it much more secure to avoid bending her knee too much (to avoid extending the damaged part), but it also protect the TPE around the knee and reduce the flabby parts quite a lot. I did tried to purchase a welding kit with an heat blower back then, but the seller (amazon) never sent it and I was refunded.

Afterward, I found a new job, worked my ass off with the goal of paying for a laser operation for my eyes. I decided to put the whole repair project on the side. 2 weeks ago, I have saved quite a bit of money and took the eyes exams. I got told that my one of my eyes can't be fixed by any of the current technologies. Well, it's back to the glasses for me. I still got my money though and even 2 pairs of glasses doesn't even cost 1/3 of those savings. There's not telling when the technology will be able to fix my eyes either so waiting for it would be mostly stupid as I can just save again later.

There, I though... Why not getting a new doll. This time, I'm not a total newb and I already have plenty of stuff for it that I used with Date. I took a look around and noticed that quite a few things are new to the Love Doll market. Heating & Moaning options... E.V.O. skeletons... new head connections... Some are still in their "early beta" commercial phase, but some other seems quite well implemented. Still, this triggered my curiosity even further.

I checked each and every distributor/sellers on this forum (those still around that is).
I checked all the prices and all the models.
I checked all the options for whichever models interested me.
I have time and I'm in no rush after all.

In the end, I returned to MSLD with the Spring Sale event. Luckily for me, it got extended to May 10th instead of April 21th. A free head + wig + set of eyes + cleaning kit + storage on top of that! I mean... COME ONE! How could I miss this chance. I checked the dates and there's a relatively good chance that the delivery might happens on my paid vacation week. We're on April 26th. I'm on vacation between the 11th and 18th of May. That's means if it's delivered in-between 17 and 22 days after the order, I'm able to receive it when it arrive. From my own experience and what seems like many's, that's a relatively "good" approximation of the delivery time with MSLD. (No promises, but still more alike to happen than not.)

So I decided to take the leap of faith. I ordered Dora Elf with slight Tan color skin and since I already have green eyes with Date/Miranda, I ordered the blue and brown (as free extra) eyes. She only has 2 skin color option : Natural and Slightly Tan. I would have preferred a darker skin color (Dark Elf!), but can't be too picky at that price!

Even if I'm not 100% secure with it, I ordered her with Hollow breasts. At worse, if something happens, I'll do some doll science with her and fix her up good. One reason why I decided for the hollow breasts is she's a C-Cup. Nothing's wrong with that, but I'm more on the small breast side. Still, Date is already a B-Cup so C-Cup is kinda like a "new" thing for a new doll for me. Hollow breasts will, mostly, allow me to appreciate it the size without it feeling too big.

She's slightly smaller than Date. Date is at 4'10/148cm and this new addition is at 4'8/146cm. There's actually a sort of a reason me for to select her with that height. With the storage kit, I'll be able to store her in a closet. As I previously mentioned, Date has this problem of being a Dust magnet. I can only store her on a table in my bedroom, wrapped in cloths. That 2" difference with the included storage kit will allow me to hang her in the closet in my bedroom. Far less prone to dust and, ironically, all the maintenance stuff is already in that closet. 8)

I added the E.V.O. skeleton in the option for approx. 106$ CAD. Date has a regular skeleton and I did notice some "limitation" or "risks" involved in some positions. The E.V.O. skeleton (from what I have seen on the forum) seem to make it much more efficient at posing and less risky for the TPE when it come to stretching. I do wonder if there's a difference in the hand's skeleton between the E.V.O. and the regular skeleton. (I can still dream of a non-wire based skeleton hand, right?) Luna will not only be a new doll, but also a new doll with a different kind of body than Date.

These options are one of the thing that also pushed me at purchasing Luna. Sure, there's the fantasy of the Elf, the super deal with the bonus and extras, but there's also the fact that it's produced by a different factory with different options available. Luna is made by Doll4Ever doll while Date (Miranda model) is made by Shenzhen Siluomei Technology Co. So, 2 different manufacturers so 2 different experiences. Another thing that makes Luna unique from Date, but which will make me still appreciate Date for what she is. :mrgreen:

Funny thing is that, Luna will be home... I'll be able to live something that not many can live : Sleeping with 2 women by my side and no bitching about it. :whistle: Ok, it's a bit of a joke, but well... a bit of truth too!

Now, the big question is... should I buy fantasy clothes for Luna or not... Those can be quite expensive and, often, not in the best materials too or should I keep her with an urban modern fantasy style?

donoghu
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Second doll... Am I now a collector? :P

Post by donoghu »

This is an update.

This time, the experience with MSLD is quite pushing on my patience.
• I placed my order on March 26th.
• I got an email on March 30th that my order is being processed.
It explains to me that the Spring Sale is a success and they are busy with all the orders as the reason why it took 2 business days to process my order (considering the 27th and 28th are weekend). It's okay and I understand.
• 10 days later (April 10th), as I still got no news, I sent an email to understand the approximate time it take between the time when the order is being processed and when it's shipped. They should have an idea since the sale have been going on for over a month.
• 3 days later (April 13th), I get the following reply :
"I just ask Doll4Ever about the shipping time, I will keep you posted as soon as possible."

Today, it's April 18th. No update and no news from anyone 5 business days after the last email.
This means I have yet to even know the information about how long dolls takes to be shipped.
I'm far from even having a tracking ID or even picture of my doll, am I?

I'm not complaining about the wait. I know that dolls can take a while to be produced and that's especially true with high quality controls and everything. There's also the possibility that my order didn't met the quality requirement and had to be done again or something like a mistake done with the skin color or the skeleton or whatever. Many possibilities can push the shipping back. Especially when someone else, on this forum, has posted that he waited 1 full month between the order and the time he got his doll (same model and head as me) from a different seller that also sells Doll4Ever dolls. There's also the fact that I got quite a few freebies with it like a 2nd free head with the Spring Sale.

My main yet simple issue up to now has been that I feel like I'm a forgotten post-it stuck on the side of a screen.

When I ordered Date (Miranda model by Shenzhen Siluomei Technology Co.), MSLD was super fast in handling the order and I was even able to request her body to have breasts size at B-Cup instead of D-Cup. Total time it took over all was a speedy 17 days and half from order to delivery. 1 day and half for the order process including the change of Cup size. 5 days for the order & manufacturing and 11 days for the shipping. I didn't get any factory pictures back then and the doll was already shipped 1 day prior when I received the tracking ID.

While stressful since it was my first time purchasing a doll, I really liked my experience back then.

As I previously mentioned, this time it's a different manufacturer meaning different quality standards and processes. Date (Miranda) which took only 5 days to be produced was done by Shenzhen Siluomei Technology Co. while, this time, it's by Doll4Ever. Many sellers are offering sales with their Doll4Ever dolls for their Spring Sale. (Some are even offering only D4E dolls in their Spring Sale.) So it's normal that my order might take quite a bit longer than with my previous purchase.

Still, the communication with MSLD has been quite on the slow side.

I do fear, in the back of my mind, that the doll is shipped at a point and somebody fails to notice me at the right time making it one huge pain in the butt to manage the shipping and transits as the doll could arrive while I'm at work or something like that. In my case, I can't miss a day of work since my workplace has barely enough people to work the whole schedule. (If I miss a day for something trivial like a delivery, not only it will be one of the biggest pain in the butt to even make it pass to my boss since we're in our vacation time of the year , but I'll be paying it up with the next few days with an hell-ish work schedule to cover it up.)

The thing about the shipping is that I need the tracking ID to even be able to notice the shipping company about "when" they can deliver and the shipping company, this time, might not even be the same as the last one. I got no information at all about how or when the doll will come in.

So, for now, I prefer to warn anyone about this situation. It's not a "bad" situation, but it's still stressful.

donoghu
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by donoghu »

-New Update-

Ok. It takes a lot for me to get angry, but this... this is unacceptable!

I requested an update on the Doll about 10 days ago.
I got replied that they would look into when/how the doll should be shipped and would update me as soon as possible.

As, today, I still haven't receive any update, I though about asking again, but it came to my mind that Doll4Ever are quite active on the forum so, instead of poking the same hive again and, maybe, still not getting any info, I checked directly with Doll4Ever.

I explained the situation and also gave a description of my order in case they could tell me what was of it.
I got a reply only a bit later.

Here's the answer :
"On April, MSLD has placed two 146cm Dora+Li head doll to us, according to the skin tone color, I think you must the customer from Canada. And I have checked this doll is delivery by Fedex ##########, I should be receive it soon."

I checked the tracking number and... ding dong! It's said to supposedly arrive TOMORROW AT 5PM.

You see, what I previously explained in the topic above came REALLY close to happen for REAL.
Nobody have sent me any factory picture.
Nobody have sent me ANY updates.
Nobody have sent me even the freaking tracking number!

The cherry on the top of the ice cream is that Fedex's system is really badly designed. I can't change anything such as the shipping date without contacting the customer service which is closed by now. I'll have to wait tomorrow... which is too late because they need at least 24 hours prior to the delivery to manage anything about the shipment. At least, it's a day off so I'm not totally in the shit there, but JUST in case they don't deliver it tomorrow, I got to call Fedex Customer services, request an account number, register it with my Fedex.com account (because they are 2 different things), complete the 2 additional account forms on their website, fill in my credit card information (for Canadian Customs and taxes on imports), and complete all that crap tomorrow. (it's 0:24 in the morning now.)

That's WHY I previously explained my fear that I feel like a post-it on the side of a screen. Managing these things takes time and doesn't always work and might require to be able to contact someone during the day.

Really unprofessional.

=EDIT=

I forgot to mention what kind of crap I have been working on for the last 2 hours because of Fedex.
When I track the delivery with the tracking ID, there's a cool little link in the page that tells you to log-in if you want to manage the delivery. I click on it. It ask me to register. I did. It ask me for an Account Number (9-digits). I got no account number so I look around both on Fedex website and outside and everywhere, it's always the same story : You check your profile and it should have an account number, but that's false because what you register online is not it, but what Fedex call a Fedex.com account. (So Fedex has both a Fedex.com account and an account (which is a number) for each customer.)

I tried to use the support link on the website. I notice it the website changed the language on the link from en-CA to en-In. Well, it's nothing new to see that a company has its support office in India. The system ask many question and confirm that I really wish to contact Fedex's customer service (no mention of it being for Indian customers only). I chat with someone who ask me details of what's going on. It goes forth and back a bit until I mention that I wish to pay for the Canadian Customs' import taxes with my credit card. The guy on the other end ask me where I'm located and I tell him. He then tell me that Fedex, in Canada, has NO online customer service. Funny shit considering that it was the Canadian website that pushed me to him. I got to call at the toll-free number he gave me tomorrow.

That's the kind of shit that wouldn't be as bad if it wasn't such a kind of urgent matter for tomorrow, right?

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Willendorph »

Good luck. I'm sure it will work out in the end, and she'll be delivered no problem.

It sounds like a hell of a pain in the ass though!

donoghu
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by donoghu »

Willendorph wrote:Good luck. I'm sure it will work out in the end, and she'll be delivered no problem.

It sounds like a hell of a pain in the ass though!
Seriously... I'm sick of this shit.
I just wasted my whole day waiting for nothing because Fedex is unable to track even its own ass around.
The worse of it is that even Fedex is unable to even give me an idea of what is going on with their own shipping service.

Today, I waited all day at my home because Fedex's tracking system tells me that it's supposed to be delivered today by 5:00pm.
Once it turned 5:00pm, the tracking time changed and the hour disappeared. Whenever I try to look it up in details, it's supposed to be delivered on May 23th at 0:00 now.

The tracking ID tells me that the shipping was registered on May 17th from SHENZHEN, GD CN. On May 19th, it got in Transit from GUANGZHOU CN. It has been in transit since May 19th and no additional update to it.

I called the customer service at Fedex. The agent checked it out and he's unable to tell me anything more than "It's still in China."
I asked him why the system then is telling that is should be delivered today and he tells me "I don't know. It's an estimated delivery time." I tell him that there are no mention of it being "estimated". It's abnormal that the package have been stuck for 4 days in transit without going to an Airport. Even regular mail move it faster than that. He asked me to wait and ask his supervisor. A bit later, he told me that it's not possible to get anything from Fedex China and I might only get an update once it reach the airport, but can't tell me when it should reach it.

Still, even then, Fedex will be unable to give me ANY update on the estimated delivery time prior... to the time after it reaches the local transit in my city. That means I'll know when it will be delivered when they'll be almost at my door step and, before then, I can't do anything about it. Also, until it reaches said local depot, it's impossible to add any kind of delivery option such as selecting the possible days of delivery like EVERY other shipping companies has.

Even with regular mail, the package would have reached the airport after 4 business days.
As ironic as it might sound, Fedex in Canada doesn't have a complaint system anymore. Only the US site has one and it requires a US address. I wonder why? :roll:

Maybe I should just quit my job so that I can wait for the doll 24h/24h, 7 days / 7 days.

Unwritten
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Unwritten »

I will tell you something I have learned receiving fed ex packages from china. Often, not 100%, but very often they will be shipped to the "distribution hub" and sit until friday. On friday they will ship eveything out. This has happened to me with one of my dolls, furniture, and other large items. Hope she gets to you soon !

donoghu
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by donoghu »

Unwritten wrote:I will tell you something I have learned receiving fed ex packages from china. Often, not 100%, but very often they will be shipped to the "distribution hub" and sit until friday. On friday they will ship eveything out. This has happened to me with one of my dolls, furniture, and other large items. Hope she gets to you soon !
Thanks for the info. Even if it's not 100% certain, it's still more than what Fedex's customer service knows. :whistle:

=EDIT=

This made me though about some meme image.
After all, why not while I wait for the Fedex to find their own ass in China?

By the way, now that I have made a complain to Fedex, the tracking page now display
No scheduled delivery date available at this time
Scheduled delivery: Pending

If only they would have displayed this message from the beginning instead of making me waste a day for nothing.

Ho! By the way, if they do put another fake estimated date, I'm actually allowed by a law (since my address is also a business address) to charge Fedex for wasting my day. In Canada, while the consumers' protection law allows a non-consumer (meaning there's no work contract agreement) to take time from any business at not cost, there's actually a limit there : 24 hours.

Any exceeding waste of time from that 24 hours allows me to charge for my time. Fedex is a company that charges for transporting a product from A to B. Under their service agreement, it's the customer's responsibility to be available at the delivery point when at the delivery time. This makes them liable as being responsible to inform the customer's of the delivery time properly as, otherwise, it would make their service agreement void.

The way to proceed in this depends on 1 factor : who's the customer (me)?
If I was a regular "citizen", I could send a bill to Fedex which could be negotiated through a court. A long painful and complex process which requires me to give out my income information as to estimate how much money Fedex should be paying me for any wasted day (except for the first 24 hours).

The thing is... I'm not a regular "citizen", but actually a business that goes by the name of Creations Maxo. I have been registered as such since 2008. The doll I ordered is ordered under both my name and my business' name. It's on the shipping slip too.
Businesses are allowed to charge their commercial fee without the implementation of a court for the amount. My current business fee is 40 CAD per hour. This makes me able by laws to charge Fedex up to 200 CAD + taxes per day for wasting my time.

I always protect myself. Keep copies of everything. As soon as I had my tracking number, I registered the shipping to my SMS service so that they can update me on any changes. My phone has the proof that the shipping date was wrong for a whole day already. I also have calls details of when I spoke to their customer services at the end of the day. I'll forgive 1 wasted day, but not 2.

INFORMATIONS