www.textiledoll.com

Doll held in customs

Classic European full-sized fabric dolls. Flexible strong skeleton. All dolls are handmade in the art studio. Unique design and great features for sex and games.
locin+216
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Doll held in customs

Post by locin+216 »

Well I have a doll "Held for customs inspection John F. Kennedy Apt/New York" I am wondering if any of you have had this happen?
The doll was tracked to the NY airport on March 31. It is still listed as being held for customs. How much time does this usually take? What might they be looking for? Textile doll sent this to me and I sure would like to get her soon.

I am of course new to this whole deal ......... especially buying a product that comes from a foreign country. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Stepford_CT
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Doll held in customs

Post by Stepford_CT »

There are too many variables. First, you don't know how busy they are at JFK. You don't know their staffing level or hours of operation. Have you called JFK and asked to speak to someone in Customs? Have you contacted the shipper?

Service Port-John F. Kennedy International Airport
Port Information
Port Code: 4701
Location Address: John F. Kennedy International Airport
Bldg #77
Jamaica, NY 11430
Mailing Address:
Building 77
JFK International Airport
Jamaica, NY 11430
CBP Customs: (718) 487-2714
General Phone: (718) 487-5164
General Fax: (718) 487-5191
Operational Hours: 8:00 AM-4:30 PM(Eastern)
Weekdays (Monday-Friday)

Description: A Service Port is a CBP location that has a full range of cargo processing functions, including inspections, entry, collections, and verification (19 CFR 101.1).

Explain the situation and hope you get an understanding CBP Officer on the phone (again, they may not talk to you).

Good luck!

P.S. TSA and CBP are under the same umbrella (Homeland Security), but we work in totally different areas doing totally different things.

shotdot

Post by shotdot »

I have customs issue with TPE doll held by customs in Ontario, California. They denied the item entry because of marking rule. According to US customs all imported items should be clearly marked with country of origin. This is really fucked up issue.

Originally, UPS rep called and advised me to get a refund. I should have followed it, because the alternative is lengthy, and costly. I have to sign power of attorney, then bond company is involved, and the item would be delivered to me for "marking"- I'm still not sure what this means. There is additional cost $125 in fees to absorb, and I'm looking forward into ugly dispute between me and seller who should pay it.

What shipping company are you using? (I had two dolls sailing without a hitch via FedEx; the second one cleared the US customs while being in China!)

Stepford_CT
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Stepford_CT »

shotdot wrote:I have customs issue with TPE doll held by customs in Ontario, California. They denied the item entry because of marking rule. According to US customs all imported items should be clearly marked with country of origin. This is really fucked up issue.

Originally, UPS rep called and advised me to get a refund. I should have followed it, because the alternative is lengthy, and costly. I have to sign power of attorney, then bond company is involved, and the item would be delivered to me for "marking"- I'm still not sure what this means. There is additional cost $125 in fees to absorb, and I'm looking forward into ugly dispute between me and seller who should pay it.

What shipping company are you using? (I had two dolls sailing without a hitch via FedEx; the second one cleared the US customs while being in China!)
He said it was still held in Customs; he didn't say it was confiscated by Customs or give any info on why it's still in Customs. As I said, it could be a staffing issue or heavy volume to inspect; lack of specifics.

Jj2345

Post by Jj2345 »

I also live in NY,I got mine with no issues last year.im sorry to hear this bro

locin+216
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by locin+216 »

Thanks to everyone that replied to this posting. I am sure there are a lot of variables involved when trying to figure out how much time a package will be held by customs.
What I was looking for is someone that actual got a doll from 'Textile Doll' that could give me some idea why and how long it might be held in customs. Would it be 2 or 3 days or 2 or 3 weeks. (thanks Jj2345 & pastydude)

I will just have to wait to see what happens, as there is no way to know the time element involved. Was hoping for a magic number because I am looking forward to her arrival.

Thanks to all for your help in trying to get me some idea what is happening.

Stepford_CT
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Stepford_CT »

locin+216 wrote:Thanks to everyone that replied to this posting. I am sure there are a lot of variables involved when trying to figure out how much time a package will be held by customs.
What I was looking for is someone that actual got a doll from 'Textile Doll' that could give me some idea why and how long it might be held in customs. Would it be 2 or 3 days or 2 or 3 weeks. (thanks Jj2345 & pastydude)

I will just have to wait to see what happens, as there is no way to know the time element involved. Was hoping for a magic number because I am looking forward to her arrival.

Thanks to all for your help in trying to get me some idea what is happening.
I gave you "the magic number": the phone number to Customs. All you have to do is call and ask for a reason for the delay.

Stepford_CT
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Stepford_CT »

pastydude wrote:Took a few days for mine to get inspected and sent on.
My doll went through customs in a few hours.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Don't Textile dolls come from Russia? If so, might have something to do with it. Recent tensions and all.

WhataTimeToBeAlive

Post by WhataTimeToBeAlive »

Mr Franz wrote:Don't Textile dolls come from Russia? If so, might have something to do with it. Recent tensions and all.
That would make perfect sense!

Dont worry buddy, theyre just checking that your doll is not made from TPE (thermoplastic explosives). She'll warm your bed soon... :plaidskirt:

blacksmith
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by blacksmith »

Textile dolls is a Latvian company. Shouldn't be any issues.

BS
I can find the area under the curve, but I can't find my car in a parking lot!

I was once told "that's not possible", so I went out and did the impossible.

I fell in love with a doll...

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Within the above contributions complaining about such issues is one from someone with a particular penchant for buying through non-TDF-approved sources.

TDF vendors and manufacturers who export often are more likely to get things right.

Buy through AliExpress and the like and you're more likely to chance upon a vendor novice to exporting.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

locin+216
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by locin+216 »

My doll got here today! She is what I expected and I was happy to see her after the delay in customs. At this time I guess the delay is normal and nothing to get worried about.

The box took a beating on the long trip here but the doll is in good shape.
Now the fun begins with buying clothes and other things she will no doubt be looking for.

Thank you all for your support in my time of the unknown.

Stepford_CT
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Stepford_CT »

locin+216 wrote:My doll got here today! She is what I expected and I was happy to see her after the delay in customs. At this time I guess the delay is normal and nothing to get worried about.

The box took a beating on the long trip here but the doll is in good shape.
Now the fun begins with buying clothes and other things she will no doubt be looking for.

Thank you all for your support in my time of the unknown.
I surmise that you never called Customs and asked them about the delay.

INFORMATIONS