dollstudio.org

Some random GDPR statement

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Re: Some random GDPR statement

Post by Nescio50 »

Thanks EBF :thumbs_up:

Please understand that the "data controller" is the company who asked for your data, who collected your data, who is accountable for processing your data.

skinnygamer

Post by skinnygamer »

EBF wrote:Did you check the Wiki about it, because I think that one is quite clear.
And from elsewhere:
Right to be Forgotten
Also known as Data Erasure, the right to be forgotten entitles the data subject to have the data controller erase his/her personal data, cease further dissemination of the data, and potentially have third parties halt processing of the data. The conditions for erasure, as outlined in article 17, include the data no longer being relevant to original purposes for processing, or a data subjects withdrawing consent. It should also be noted that this right requires controllers to compare the subjects' rights to "the public interest in the availability of the data" when considering such requests.
https://www.eugdpr.org/key-changes.html

So the right to be forgotten includes data that is no longer required for the original purpose. Since in your case the data is still needed to fulfil your legal obligations, the data stored is not included in the right to be forgotten (for the timeperiod you need it for your taxes).
Thanks for the reply. I didn't check the wiki but did read the full text of the law and associated site. Some people trip me up with the "or unless a data subject withdraws consent" because there's an "or" there. As in withdrawl after the sale tops relavance.

I'm already good on the consent part- and have been for some time now as reviewed by a 3rd party, maybe I'm just uber-paranoid about the 20 mil Euro fine :roll:

LDF
Ex-Member

Post by LDF »

What startles me about this is that a company that has its servers well outside of the EU can be forced to comply with this type of regulation.

It's not that I don't agree with the privacy issues being addressed by the GDPR. I fully understand how my information is being bought and sold.

My question is this: "Why am I being bombarded with 'policy updates' when I'm not in the EU? I'm in NYC!"

The tail is wagging the dog here, and I can already see how the GDPR is going to be abused.
Why didn't I take the blue pill?

skinnygamer

Post by skinnygamer »

LDF wrote:What startles me about this is that a company that has its servers well outside of the EU can be forced to comply with this type of regulation.

It's not that I don't agree with the privacy issues being addressed by the GDPR. I fully understand how my information is being bought and sold.

My question is this: "Why am I being bombarded with 'policy updates' when I'm not in the EU? I'm in NYC!"

The tail is wagging the dog here, and I can already see how the GDPR is going to be abused.
because the Policy update comes from a company that is in the EU and/or from a U.S. company that is not exempt.
The first post here was the L.A. Times blocked all traffic from the EU rather than deal with it. There's also a couple other US companies that are doing the same.
They all had PLENTY of time to get ready and chose no to. I did. So can they. I make pennies on the dollar compared to them.

LDF
Ex-Member

Post by LDF »

Friends:

"They all had PLENTY of time to get ready and chose no to. I did. So can they. I make pennies on the dollar compared to them."

Skinneygamer:

That's known as "gas lighting" someone.

Making them think that it's their problem, when it's not.

My point is this: I'm not an EU subject. This is an 'online' world.

What makes you think I won't notice that when something which looks, walks, and quacks like extortion (a duck) is being called GDPR?

So, my in box is full of policy change notices, U.S. companies are being targeted yet again, and you think we won't notice?

:evil:

LDF.

skinnygamer

Post by skinnygamer »

No, and don't take it personally LDF, I gas lit nobody.
I did make an error in my post and that was, as per the first post here, the L.A. Times blocked all EU traffic. The screen cap says they blocked some. My error.

There's only a handful of American companies not GDPR ready, and of those they are saying they need more time. Because 4 years wasn't enough?

Here's the thing: they can continue to do nothing and not serve the EU market and they won't face any action. Their choice. More power to em.

I on the other hand need the EU market to make a living. Simple as that. Your mileage may vary.

LDF
Ex-Member

Post by LDF »

skinnygamer:

The GDPR is the issue here (they're gas lighting.). While it isn't too onerous to come up with a new policy, and get it out to users, etc., I still see a pattern...

First Microsoft. Now Google and Facebook. Who's next, Twitter and Instagram?

The EU is targeting U.S. companies with its policies.

Just saying.

skinnygamer

Post by skinnygamer »

LDF wrote:skinnygamer:

The GDPR is the issue here (they're gas lighting.). While it isn't too onerous to come up with a new policy, and get it out to users, etc., I till see a pattern...

First Microsoft. Now Google and Facebook. Who's next Twitter and Instagram?

The EU is targeting U.S. companies with its policies.

Just saying.
Sorry, I thought you were directing that toward me. My mistake. I think we're both on the same page here. I'm not at all for any gvt. over-reach and I sure as hell DON'T want anyones data. I refuse to even compile a mailing list! But at the end of the day I still need to buy food :)

And yes, I fully agree that the GDPR WILL be abused.

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Stupid joke time:

Q: Do you know a good GDPR consultant?

A: Yes!

Q: Can you give me his e-mail address?

A: No.

(from Twitter)
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

LDF
Ex-Member

Post by LDF »

You must have grown up in East Berlin.

I love that pragmatism. :wink:

INFORMATIONS