dollstudio.org

Top 10 reasons why you (might) want a Doll Sweet doll

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Top 10 reasons why you (might) want a Doll Sweet doll

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

considering the recurring questions about good dolls and customer feedback about delivered dolls, I'll start today with a new series of posts from a different angle. These posts will focus on things that are good.

I am going to start with an easy one - Top 10 reasons why you (might) want a Doll Sweet doll. It took me only about a minute to get this list of good arguments together; sorting it took a while longer as my listing was a bit longer than ten items. So here it is…

1) Repairability.

Most dolls are not cheap, and some of you want to maintain their synthetic housemates in as good shape as possible for as long as possible. So this key argument is only relevant for those who do not want to consider a doll to be a throw-away item which is to be used as long as it lasts and then gets replaced.

There are quite a number of valid arguments against trying to keep a doll for several years, especially the massive price decreases, the horrible devaluation of used or just 'dated' dolls and the like. But if - and only if - you want to keep your doll(s) for multiple years, you need something that actually can be repaired. Repairability should be self-evident for expensive items, but sadly it is not.

Doll Sweet is good in the aspect of repairabiliy, actually very good or even excellent. Doll Sweet repectively EX Doll is one of the few mainstream companies actually providing after sales service. A lot of companies promise a lot, very few can keep their promises. Doll Sweet can keep their warranty promise, and has proven multiple times that they are willing and capable to supply spare parts.

Assuming a weld or a joint breaks; you not only need a spare part, but you also need to be able to get the damaged part out of the doll without causing major damage. A good practise for repairability is, for example, if nuts are not welded onto the bolts. Your doll will be grateful if you do not have to use an angle grinder just to disassemble the skeleton, so I consider non-welded nuts and bolts to be service-friendly. Doll Sweet has this, many others have not.

Another aspect is who can accomplish a successful repair. Most dolls can be repaired somehow by trained professionals with special tools, but that does not help you much if these experts and their tools are located on the other side of the globe. With a Doll Sweet doll, experience has shown that most 'normal' people can succeed even with relatively complex repairs. Maybe not with two left hands, but it's doable for most of us. Here are some real-world examples:

viewtopic.php?p=907532
viewtopic.php?p=1245276

Also, for closing your doll up after a repair, you might appreciate if you are not forced to use a proprietary and toxic glue that can not even be shipped by air freight. All this is the case with a Doll Sweet (silicone) doll - all you need for closing a cut is any silicone glue.

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Re: Top 10 reasons why you (might) want a Doll Sweet doll

Post by Dollstudio »

2) Company is here to stay.

The next argument is stability. Doll Sweet respectively EX Doll is a company which is here to stay. DS is in the doll business for years and there are no indications that they will dissappear anytime soon. That's rather unusual in a market where new factories open every other day and shut down even faster. DS is like a rock in unsteady waters.

Again, this might or might not be relevant for you. If your doll is only supposed to be a temporary companion, it does not matter too much if the manufacturer remains in business after he has shipped your doll. However, there are quite some customers who ask for a certain degree of stability &reliability. A handful of manufacturers provide this stability, and Doll Sweet is one of them.

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

3) Development strategy & vision.

The next aspect is that you might be looking for a company with a development strategy or even a vision. If you do, you will usually find… nothing. With very few exceptions, most manufacturers make one doll. Then the next one. And then another one. Besides diversifying the range of body shapes and head choices, there just is nothing there. No broader vision and maybe not even an aestehtic concept.

Again, this is not necessarily bad. If you just want to buy a mobile phone, the manufacturer does not necessarily make better phones if he has a vision to colonize the moon. However, if a company is actually researching to colonize the moon, thrilling bits of technology might show up even in their next generation mobile.

Doll Sweet is a company with a development strategy and some kind of vision. It is obvious that EX Doll is actively researching robotics and animatronics. Amazing prototypes have been already shown, and the path to the first generation of synthetic humanoids has been laid out. If these things matter to you, you might want to take a look at Doll Sweet now because everything will be based on existing heads and bodies.

Also, Doll Sweet is one of the few manufacturers with an aesthetic vision. It is highly debatable if one likes their vision, and the 'collateral' of this vision is definitely not acceptable for everybody - but the aestetic vision is there. For example, one of the leading motifs for development of the animatronics head alyways was (and still is) that Doll Sweet wants their head to be "[more] beautiful". Actually, this was described as "main goal" when demonstrating the first prototype. DS does not just want an animatronic head which is capable of doing some grimaces, they want it to be "beautiful". Just go ahead and take a look at the competition and be your own judge which of the currently existing robot heads can be actually considered beautiful. For me, the first prototype qualifies 100%. YMMV.

Among the consequences of Doll Sweet's aesthetic vision is that most of their heads are not designed for oral sex. They want the heads to be feminine and sweet. Thusly, you won't encounter eyballs popping out of a DS head, and their heads do not have jaw bones like an alligator. If you appreciate this aesthetic vision, take a closer look. However, if you want alligator jaw bones you need to look elsewhere.

Sandro

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

4) Inserts for (average) Caucasian males.

This might stir some controversy, but Doll Sweet makes good inserts. Inserts which are actually usable for (average) Caucasian males - (previously) the "C" type, and currently the "B" type. I'm explicitely mentioning this because it's almost an USP.

You wouldn't believe how many customers complain about to tight, too short or otherwise bad engineered and more or less unusable inserts. Yes, DS has such nonsensical inserts as well, but they offer a choice, at least for some of their dolls.

The C/B type inserts will work for every average to (slightly) above average sized Caucasian male, and they are the only insert types I can wholeheartedly recommend if you are bigger built than a Chinese teenager. This recommendation applies only to the DS-158, DS-160 and DS-163 lines of silicone dolls where the C/B type inserts fit.

Also, as a bonus, Doll Sweet ladies do not have a "TPE plug" issue or something similar. The rear end of the vaginal canal is cleanly sealed, there is not even a "plug" that could fall out. If I'd be mean I'd say they are superior by design, simply because they are better engineered.

Sandro

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

5) Industry-leading skeleton.

DS has the best skeleton I know, and some industry sources consider it even the best skeleton available in any current doll. So it's clearly an industry-leading skeleton and possibly the best skeleton money can buy. The robustness is excellent, the range of movements is exemplary, it's even relatively lightweight (compared to the more common types in other dolls).

Also it's one of the few skeletons where you get the choice between more loose or more tight joints. The more tight joints are required for posing and photography, but the more loose joints are just a dream when it comes to certain other pastimes. The more loose joints are not the same as floppy joints and you might only understand waht you were missing after you got a doll with more loose joints.

A lot of things considered to be innovative in other doll makes like a hinged neck, an additional joint in the waist area or extra-charged "shrugging" options are total no-brainers in the Doll Sweet world. Every silicone DS has this for years. By default and without any extra charge.

On top of the excellent skeleton you automatically get an exquisite head connector mechanism for free. No screwing around with M16 threads, no tangled wigs, not even a magnet is required. It's just well-engineered mechanics. A lot of manufacturers have started to copy this head connector, sometimes even charging extra for an "upgrade". However, DS uses their connector for half a decade, it's proven to work, and it's the default - no extra charge required.

What DS does not have is a standing option with screws poking through the soles of the feet. Some consider this a disadvantage, for me it's mostly a good thing as these stupid screws are causing so much trouble - and they are just ugly. Doll Sweet offers an alternative for upright standing (the hanging mechanism; see #6 below), and the manufacturer made once more a clear aesthetic choice: We humans don't have screws poking through the soles of our feet, so dolls shouldn't have such a blemish, either.

Sandro

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

6) Innovative hanging mechanism.

Another important area where Doll Sweet excels is hanging and storage.

The optionally available hang kit allows upright positions far beyond anything of what dolls with "standing screws" or an eye bolt in the back are capable of. With the hanging mechanism, Doll Sweets can made to appear to levitate or do ballet-like poses. With the hanging mechanism, the doll does neither need to stand on both feet, nor is a 3rd point of contact required.

As far as I know, no other manufacturer offers something similar. Not even the Japanese high-end brands.

Besides that, Doll Sweet silicone dolls are engineered with hanging for long term storage in mind. Just remove the head, put the hang tool onto the the neck stub and hang the body into your closet. This works for months or even years (yes, I have tried it). It just works.

With other dolls I have tried long-term hanging as well. It did not work out well. One of my "test cases" split in half because a back joint could not take the load. It's now a torso and a separate pair of legs. That's what you risk with any brand where long-term hanging is not built-in. It might work, or your doll might fall apart. I definitely prefer a brand like Doll Sweet where these things are tested for reliability.

If you want to learn more about Doll Sweet's unique hanging features, here is an in-depth posting: viewtopic.php?p=1156630#p1156630

Sandro

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

7) It's silicone.

I don't want to start another TPE vs. silicone dispute. This time is over and TPE has won. Most silicone brands are in the process of comitting suicide or at least struggling to get along with shrinking profit margins. Silicone has now become a niche, and silicone dolls are starting to get an exotic appeal. The number of newbie customers who are not even aware that other materials than TPEexist is rapidly increasing.

However, the advantages of silicone are still there: The material is still non-porous and inert, silicone does not melt or deform under the influence of a heating blanket, silicones with different hardness can be blended, silicone dolls can be repaired with non-proprietary and non-toxic glues, and allergies or silicone intolerances are more than rare. Since I am in this business I did not have a single customer who complained about a silicone intolerance; I wish it'd be the same with TPE. And, what quite odd, from experienced doll owners there is an increasing demand for silicone dolls. A demand which the market can not satisfy as the variety of body shapes and heads in the TPE segment is totally unmatched among silicone brands.

Doll Sweet is one of ther few remaining silicone fortresses. Even though they have explored alternative materials like PUR foam and have started a cooperation with JY Doll, they are still a silicone company. And the future dolls with animatronics built-in will be silicone.

You might or might not like silicone; but if you do not like TPE, Doll Sweet is a brand to look into. It is an alternative to the overwhelming majority of TPE dolls

Sandro

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

8 ) Reasonable pricing.

Doll Sweet is a Chinese company, offering competitive pricing compared to other remaining silicone doll makers. As a rule of thumb, a DS costs about 30% more than a TPE doll of comparable size, but less than half of what is charged for most other silicone dolls.

This reasonable pricing makes DS an alternative to TPE dolls as it's not excessively more expensive. And it's a much more affordable pricing, compared to Japanese or American high-end silicone dolls.

Sandro

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

9) Range and quality of heads.

Even if I might get some flak, at least for my taste DS offers a quite good range of exquisite heads. Every single DS head has some kind of personality; it is the result of a creative process which takes time to sculpt. At least for me, almost ever DS head has more 'depth' than an average TPE head.

Continuing from my subjective point of view, DS has more heads I consider to be beautiful than any other silicone doll maker;also their range includes some exotics like anime heads, elf heads, and mature faces. The heads usually have an excellent build quality, e.g. the teeth are glued-in, made of a harder silicone and intrinsically pigmented, so they are really white and do not look nicotine stained. Many DS heads have eye lashes above and below the eyes, and they don't fall off. The eyes brows are silicone painted and look realistic like hair, not like black bars above theyes. Some heads come with a tip of the tongue by default (again, no extra charge required), and basically all heads look good without makeup.

And yes, Doll Sweet's few oral heads do not have a fiberglass core with an oral canal ending unsealed onto fiberglass. Doll Sweet just does not do rubbish like this.

Obviously the amount of head choices is much greater in the TPE segment; and some types of faces DS simply does not have (yet). And admitted that DS introduces maybe 3-4 new heads per year. That's what other manufacturers bring out monthly. So this argument is ambiguous; for some Doll Sweet's range of heads is just right, for others the bigger variety of TPE faces is better.

Again switching to the subjective point of view, for me DS heads are the better choice because I want the faces to look beautiful without makeup, because I want the teeth to look healthy ex factory, and because I like the level of detail and 'depth' these heads provide. YMMV.

Sandro

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

10) High-end options available.

Last but not least, what if default options do not satisfy your requirements, e.g. because you want to dive deeper into doll photography or are are looking after the utmost of realism? With most brands, your options will be severely limited. About 90% of the available products do not offer an enhanced quality. They are as they are. If you want it to look better, you need to move into the high-end segment, or hire a makeup artist.

With special options like the S-level (studio level) makeup, DS bridges between the regular product lineup and the high-end segment. Clearly the S-level makup is too expensive for the mass market, but it's a welcome upgrade option - and it gives you an idea where Doll Sweet is heading.

Sandro

HSP_960
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by HSP_960 »

Dollstudio wrote:4) Inserts for (average) Caucasian males.

This might stir some controversy, but Doll Sweet makes good inserts..

Sandro
Has DS fixed its ill-fitting inserts for the 145cm?

Sate
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Sate »

If my own new 145 plus is anything to go by, they're showing some improvement there. The insert doesn't fall out during use, and the opening to the cavity is smaller than before.

- Sate
Attachments
IMG_0249.JPG
IMG_0249.JPG (3.72 MiB) Viewed 1891 times
My Dolls
- Elsa Babe 148cm RAD Doll - viewtopic.php?f=541&t=148889

Sate's Doll Archives
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=84142

Special
Action Figures: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=95008
Video Game Models: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=130012

HSP_960
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by HSP_960 »

The video by X/S Dolls showed an insert that was too small for its cavity (so it was possible for a man to miss the insert's opening and enter the doll next to it instead of inside it. Also, the material appeared so soft that the narrator said a man could push the insert in (to the cavity) instead of entering it.

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Willendorph »

The insert on the 167 is also really good. I've read a lot of negative things about inserts, but DS really nailed it in the design of that doll. Mine is a late 2017 model, and they seem to be improving things all the time.

For me, what really sold me on DS was the heads. I think that some people don't like them because they are made with an eastern eye for beauty rather than what you might get from a western company. I really fell in love with the Nanase face. I think it was her realisticness; right down to the little bend in her nose. She has a lot of character, and is always a joy to be with.

Conversely, I find a lot of popular dolls look like American porn stars or something, which I actually find quite unattractive. Everyone has their own taste in women, but I really like the bodies DS sculpt as well. They're athletic and shapely, but also in proportion and balanced.

gunsmithcat
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by gunsmithcat »

My Ds145 its an amazing doll. Easy to repair, hardly any maintenance, the design its great, I could go on and on and on how great this doll is compared to others.... Even the wig its way superior than a regular wig. I'm really glad I started with a Ds doll and not TPE...and I will stay with silicone. TPE its not for me. Well to be really technical, mine is an EX doll.
Elfie's Closet photo album
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=106702

Elfie's Closet photo album 2.0
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=134185

INFORMATIONS