dollstudio.org

Any Chobits out there?

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Any Chobits out there?

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

quite some of became curious about dolls after watching or reading Chobits (ちょびっツ Chobittsu) from CLAMP. This Anime & Manga series is about the relationship between organic and synthetic persons. The latter ones are called 'persocom' (パソコン Pasokon) and can move, talk, and connect to the Internet.
chobits.jpg
chobits.jpg (307.86 KiB) Viewed 5064 times
Now I am curious… are there any Chobits lookalikes out there?

Has someone created a doppelganger Chi (ちぃ Chii) doll?

Thanks,

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Any Chobits out there?

Post by Willendorph »

I haven't done a Chobits/Chii style cosplay myself with my doll, but I would like to at some point. In China DS (EX) Doll do a special 145 Chobits cosplay edition!

You can get the ears online for about £20 which are the hardest piece to source for the outfit.
Chii DS Doll.png
Chii DS Doll.png (116.32 KiB) Viewed 5053 times

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

it's pretty close, but I'm sure we can do do better than this…
chii.gif
chii.gif (2.54 MiB) Viewed 5049 times
Though, the EX outfit might be a good source for Chi's ears, that's right.

http://www.exdoll.com/product-300.html

A Chi lookalike should be 152 cm; an authentic size would also prevent import restrictions of UT-145/Nina.

Yuzuki would have to be almost life-sized:
yutsuki.jpg
yutsuki.jpg (231.38 KiB) Viewed 5049 times
Maybe a doll around ~160 cm and flamboyant maid outfit…

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

gunsmithcat
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by gunsmithcat »

I love Chobits... I wish they had more episodes
Elfie's Closet photo album
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=106702

Elfie's Closet photo album 2.0
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=134185

DollOgler
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by DollOgler »

I'm glad I'm not the only chobits fan in TDF lol

Samuel_78
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Samuel_78 »

Funny when I first found out about dolls. I was looking at how far chibots/home robots had come in 06.
Imagine my reaction last year to find the hobby had gone almost silent with few post being made in 2010. Oh well.
As for Dolls I haven't seen that many done up to loot like a Chobit or Persocom. I do have plans for one of my dolls to get a cosplay of Persocom dressed as a maid with ears attached to a headband. Something that eill be posted in her eye candy thread after I get it started.
Who are my Doll's?
Chastity Ode Knight (YL170 D-cup, WM#33 head), Chastity's Album and Old eye candy page.
Chastity Knight 2.0 (JY170 H-cup, GU02 head) 2.0 Eye Candy page
Nina D'Hule (retired), Nina's Album

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

I'm a bit surprised that everybody seems to focus only on superficial attributes like ears/data ports, that pink hair thingie (don't know the term), or the costume. Is it only these accessories which create a Chobits lookalike?

For me, the picture below is among of the best Chi portraits I have ever seen, without trying to mimic the superficial attributes of the cartoon character.

For me, this photo by 赤色彗星wmh6081 captures the essence of a Chobits character like Chi (with essence I mean the sweetness, the innocence, the naivety…)

Anyway, let's switch to the cosplay part. That's fun, too…

Since I'm still waiting on the set from EX Doll mentioned by Willendorph above, I have 3D printed some of the accessories in the meantime.

The first part are the ears respectively 'data ports':
DSC05404.JPG
DSC05404.JPG (328.58 KiB) Viewed 4819 times
They still need some paint and a headband. Then a blonde wig with bangs…

Sandro

Chastity_Knite
Doll
Doll

Post by Chastity_Knite »

Remember that the Costume is half the character. This is why many people focus on it first.

Chii's ears are easy to replicate. These can be done out of craft foam and rigged with a hing to open and closed. Then a old head set can provide the USB, ear jack we see in the Manga/Anime.
CHii_ears.jpg
CHii_ears.jpg (32.11 KiB) Viewed 4790 times
index.jpg
index.jpg (7.81 KiB) Viewed 4790 times
Opening Chobits Ears Tutorial with Craft Foam

Amazon is also a good place to find Ear, hair bob's, Chii's Lolita/Goth outfit and blond wigs.
Chii_ears_hair_beads.jpg
Chii_ears_hair_beads.jpg (14.38 KiB) Viewed 4790 times
Lolita_Maid.jpg
Lolita_Maid.jpg (14.89 KiB) Viewed 4790 times
Now for a Doll, you all ready nailed down Chii. A petite body with small breast works best. Anime heads and eyes are available in a range of sizes really it depends on the person.
“HUMAN BEINGS MAKE LIFE SO INTERESTING. DO YOU KNOW, THAT IN A UNIVERSE SO FULL OF WONDERS, THEY HAVE MANAGED TO INVENT BOREDOM. (Death)”
― Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Chastity Knite's family and back story
Sammy and Me talking
Chastity on the Doll Matrix
Chastity on the Doll Album

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

here is my DIY approach.
DSC05411.JPG
DSC05411.JPG (458.67 KiB) Viewed 4741 times
The ears/data ports, the hair thingies and the headband to mount the ears are 3D printed with PLA, smoothed in acetone, and then painted with nail base, pink nail gel, coated with hair spray for a little gloss.

The 'ears' were printed in a single piece and don't have a joint for opening; also they are closed on the back, so they will sit on top of the original ears and not enclose them (which would look better). The same goes for the hair thingies: single piece, no hinge mechanism, just for show, not so much to keep a hairdo. There is always room for enhancement :roll:

Let's see who will become Chi. I guess Setsuko (Happy Doll HA-160) will have to do some cosplay…

Sandro

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

the first pictures with Setsuko:
DSC05421.JPG
DSC05421.JPG (470.79 KiB) Viewed 4717 times
DSC05430.JPG
DSC05430.JPG (509.41 KiB) Viewed 4717 times
Sandro

https://twitter.com/DollStudioEU/status ... 4522580992

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Chiii?
DSC05444.JPG
DSC05444.JPG (598.53 KiB) Viewed 4546 times
Sandro

https://twitter.com/DollStudioEU/status ... 5984192513

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Willendorph »

ちぃ!
ZZCho (45).JPG
ZZCho (45).JPG (1.01 MiB) Viewed 3623 times
ZZCho (28).JPG
ZZCho (28).JPG (1.01 MiB) Viewed 3623 times
Ok, so this is a pretty late reply, but we've been working on this one for a while! I'll put more of the photoset in Tomoe's thread (link in signature)

:D

jcpax727

Post by jcpax727 »

Very awesome photos!!
I love Chobits as well, tbh how could anyone not?

So Netflix has a brand new show out, its VASTLY similar to chobits but its not an Anime its a normal tv show.
Its called Better then us.
Starts out more sex doll/droid but by about episode 6 it starts getting pretty chobits-y.

Definitely a must watch and a good image of what the future could hold.

Its also on the popular shows list, makes you wonder just how much humans want dolls like this show or chobits more and more =p

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

:thumbs_up: Well, that answers that question in the affirmative :thumbs_up:

Keep them coming, brilliant images :D

Anung :D

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

jcpax727 wrote:So Netflix has a brand new show out, its VASTLY similar to chobits but its not an Anime its a normal tv show.
Its called Better then us.
Interesting find!

Looks like a cross between Chobits and Humans (made in RUSSIA!)

Sandro

INFORMATIONS