dollstudio.org

The slow death of silicone dolls

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
danDub
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: The slow death of silicone dolls

Post by danDub »

Arthur1960 wrote:
danDub wrote:
siliconelover wrote:Silicone Forever

4 Dolls currently and a new Mechadoll in my future ...

No TPE for me 8)
Same here, I’d rather go without a doll if it meant choosing tpe
Sacre bleu!
LOL i know but after experiencing my silicone doll I’m definitely sold on that type of doll

mvcuk1
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by mvcuk1 »

I would love to buy a silicone doll, however the price of silicone dolls are just too high for the majority of doll lovers.

Also when it comes to choice there seems to be more body choices with Tpe dolls than silicone dolls.

Even sanhui have started to make Tpe doll versions of their silicone dolls. That could be a sign that silicone doll sales are in decline.

I don't want silicone dolls to die off as I would like the option of buying a silicone doll one day.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

mvcuk1 wrote: SNIP:
I don't want silicone dolls to die off as I would like the option of buying a silicone doll one day.
I believe most silicone doll makers make the dolls upon order. As long as they have a shop and the molds, they can make the dolls. Some makers, if they have the time and silicone, might make up a ready to go doll rather than sit on their hands.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

danDub
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by danDub »

mvcuk1 wrote:
Even sanhui have started to make Tpe doll versions of their silicone dolls. That could be a sign that silicone doll sales are in decline.
They look similar to the silicone dolls they have

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

Probably the most severe dent in the silicone market is the wholesale price of silicone itself. CEO's and CFO's aren't stupid. They know if they can increase volume over price point they will ultimately make more money. But for the silicone manufacturers to achieve this volume they would have to be able to maintain the same margin of profit they have now, that means the only way to achieve and maintain current profit margin is, they need to make a savings somewhere in manufacturing. And pretty much the only area that can be done is in the wholesale price of silicone.
So. How can this be achieved?
Here's an idea-
If many of the silicone manufacturers were to join a co-operative that buys silicone (and warehouses it) in VERY large bulk, no doubt they (the co-op) could obtain silicone at a competitive wholesale price and pass that savings onto the manufactures in the co-op thus reducing manufacturing cost, thus empowering the silicone manufacturers to lower prices and be able to compete with TPE.
How could a co-op be formed?
Even a single investor could get it started. I would think 50k would have enough buying power to get a better price on raw silicone.
If you are a silicone manufacturer and you're interested in the idea, PM me. I could be that investor. I would think I'd need at least 5 manufactures to join the co-op and have the co-op be their ONLY source for raw silicone. Prices would be fixed yearly. Yes, the price would be very slightly higher than the large bulk purchase but that would be required in order to re-pay the original investor and bank funds into trust for future large scale purchases, but in my mind this is going to be the only formula that will work to lower the manufacturing cost of silicone dolls to the point of being able to compete in the tpe market. Keep in mind that the nature and intent of a co-op isn't to make money. It's to maintain existence. And as a result, all co-ops can offer a far less price (for anything) as they aren't set up as "money making" ventures per se.
Manufacturer, you would have absolutely NOTHING to lose and everything to gain. All that would be required would be enter into a legal binding agreement with the co-op.
Think about it.

HeyTommyRobinson
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by HeyTommyRobinson »

Haha, I think the title should be changed to the slow death of people looking at purcha$ing $ilicone doll$. $ilicone isn't dying and will never leave the market. It is the most re$ilient material out there for doll making and it is worth every penny if you want a doll that will last the test of endurance. I have one 8 years and counting and she hasn't shown any signs of entrophy. If you want a cheap doll then you will get cheap. Simply put.

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

after Anatomical Doll closed down a while ago, there is more sad news. Today, Maidlee Doll announced to close their artistic workshop: viewtopic.php?p=1388008#p1388008

As far as I know, Maidlee was the only doll maker in Canada, and as far as I can tell, Maidlee Doll produced the softest doll breasts and doll butts available on the market.

Maidlee Doll's silicone dolls had a lot of advantages over the dominating TPE dolls from China, especially in regard to sex. Among other things, Maidlee Doll's Maid-Fong had a very high degree of anatomical correctness, was designed for Caucasian males, and was fully capable of anal sex.

Also, Maidlee was a manufacturer who actually made use of the manyfold advantages of silicone. He had mastered the art of blending different silicones unnotibly. E.g., the body was coated with 'skin' layer, several body parts were molded in firmer silicone (e.g. teeth, ears, hands), and others in a specially soft blend (lips, breasts, butt). Even in the high-end segement these techniques are much more sparsely used.
_DSC4771.JPG
_DSC4771.JPG (449.89 KiB) Viewed 835 times
maidlee-doll-maid-fong-legs-dollstudio-5070.JPG
maidlee-doll-maid-fong-legs-dollstudio-5070.JPG (766.21 KiB) Viewed 835 times
unboxing-maidlee-doll-maid-fong-4581.JPG
unboxing-maidlee-doll-maid-fong-4581.JPG (431.45 KiB) Viewed 835 times
_DSC4754.JPG
_DSC4754.JPG (425.25 KiB) Viewed 835 times
_DSC4760.JPG
_DSC4760.JPG (545.62 KiB) Viewed 835 times
ml-mf-h01-sunrise-green-5677-dollstudio.JPG
ml-mf-h01-sunrise-green-5677-dollstudio.JPG (578.59 KiB) Viewed 835 times
ml-mf-sunrise-blue-5569-dollstudio.JPG
ml-mf-sunrise-blue-5569-dollstudio.JPG (571.61 KiB) Viewed 835 times
Maidlee Doll's artistry and developmental innovations will be missed!

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

That Maidlee face looks similar to a face that Teddy Babes is now offering. Maybe Maidlee owner is doing work for Eight Wonder?
Attachments
TB face.jpg
TB face.jpg (60.37 KiB) Viewed 805 times
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

INFORMATIONS