dollstudio.org

You might want to look closely… VERY closely…

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
AGL
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: You might want to look closely… VERY closely…

Post by AGL »

Wow, beautiful looking doll, but that really doesn't mean much if she's going to fall apart. The scary thing is it sounds like you haven't really even done much to cause all of the damage. One would only wonder then what would happen if the doll were used for its intended purpose. :whistle:

Also, I'm still trying to figure out why a company that is trying to make as realistic a doll as possible would then come up with the idea for removable arms, and 'Wonder Woman' looking arm bands to cover it up? :?

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

AGL wrote:The scary thing is it sounds like you haven't really even done much to cause all of the damage. One would only wonder then what would happen if the doll were used for its intended purpose. :whistle:
Yes, most things I did with this doll are verbally and visually documented in the review. The longest photo session took about 30 minutes and I didn't do anything 'extreme', like an outdoor photo shooting or transports across different locations. Since I consider standing to be a part of her intended purpose(s) :whistle: yes, I did not even try out everything she is specified for.
AGL wrote:Also, I'm still trying to figure out why a company that is trying to make as realistic a doll as possible would then come up with the idea for removable arms […]
One possibility would be that the initial design was an attempt to create a modular doll, similar to BJDs, just life-sized and in silicone. The modular concept has a couple of interesting possibilities; for example, you could make a chest part with different breast sizes, or a pair of different legs for standing in heels, and one for outdoor use (with really firm soles), and one for indoor use without bolts (so nylons or shoes are not ruined). Also you could easier develop more creative doll types, like a three chested upper body, or a Borg doll, or legs with hooves. A modular doll design opens facinating possibilities (but of course it also contradicts the Uncanny Valley impression).

However, my guess is that the separately molded arms were simply a requirement for economic production. Probably not every hand comes out of the mold in perfect condition, so the factory might have to dispose one or two failed casts to get a good one. This would cost too much money if every time 30 kilos of silicone would be attached. With more experience in the casting procedures, first the legs could be molded together with the body (Model 7), and finally everything can be casted in one piece (Model 9).

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

As always, thank you for a honest review and calling them how you see them.
This is why you are MY FAVORITE EU vendor
Best,
Jeff

AGL
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AGL »

Dollstudio wrote:However, my guess is that the separately molded arms were simply a requirement for economic production. Probably not every hand comes out of the mold in perfect condition, so the factory might have to dispose one or two failed casts to get a good one. This would cost too much money if every time 30 kilos of silicone would be attached. With more experience in the casting procedures, first the legs could be molded together with the body (Model 7), and finally everything can be casted in one piece (Model 9).
You're right, this does make a lot of sense. It's just that it takes away from an otherwise perfect sculpture of a woman, IMO. :whistle:
Booty Call Dolls wrote:As always, thank you for a honest review and calling them how you see them.
This is why you are MY FAVORITE EU vendor
Best,
Jeff
Yes, I must agree here. That's what is so great about Sandro. He doesn't pull any punches with his reviews, but as you said, calls them like he sees them; mad props for that. :thumbs_up:

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Dollstudio wrote:another three days later and time for an update. […]
Another week has passed and nothing tangible has changed.

I asked once more how much it costs the customer if he needs this proprietary silicone adhesive. I still did not get a quote.
If it takes 3+ weeks to get a bl**dy price quote, how long might it take to actually get the adhesive?

Regarding my offer to make compatibility tests myself with common off-the-shelf silicone adhesives like Sil-poxy, Wacker "E4" or Permatex flowable windshield sealer I did not get a reply, either. If GT isn't even willing to provide sample material so someone else can mend what they have missed befor product launch, how complicated might it get if you need an actual spare part from Gynoid Tech?

And obviously still no solution for the borked sample which keeps rotting.

So far, neither this company nor their doll creates happiness or pleasure.

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

AGL
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AGL »

Dollstudio wrote:
Dollstudio wrote:another three days later and time for an update. […]
Another week has passed and nothing tangible has changed.

I asked once more how much it costs the customer if he needs this proprietary silicone adhesive. I still did not get a quote.
If it takes 3+ weeks to get a bl**dy price quote, how long might it take to actually get the adhesive?

Regarding my offer to make compatibility tests myself with common off-the-shelf silicone adhesives like Sil-poxy, Wacker "E4" or Permatex flowable windshield sealer I did not get a reply, either. If GT isn't even willing to provide sample material so someone else can mend what they have missed befor product launch, how complicated might it get if you need an actual spare part from Gynoid Tech?

And obviously still no solution for the borked sample which keeps rotting.

So far, neither this company nor their doll creates happiness or pleasure.

Sandro
We'll that just sucks. You can't even get a response from them, even though you're willing to do most of the legwork here, taking on the repair yourself? :thumbs_down:

Companies will either live or die by their customer service; why do you think Amazon is so profitable? :whistle: Unfortunately in this case, it sounds like the latter will be true. I don't care how good their sculpts are; I'd never give my business to a company with known poor customer service.

While I'm sure it's very annoying for you to deal with the aggravation of it all, I'm so glad that you're willing to be the guinea pig with new companies/products, thereby weeding out the less desirable ones that have issues before others have to deal with the headache for themselves.

You rock, Sandro! :thumbs_up:

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

@AGL: To avoid misunderstandings, GT does respond from time to time. They just do not necessarily reply to what I am asking. You could call it 'fragmentary' communication.

Also, a possible excuse could be that there seem to be some tradeshows someplace.

Sandro

AGL
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AGL »

Dollstudio wrote:@AGL: To avoid misunderstandings, GT does respond from time to time. They just do not necessarily reply to what I am asking. You could call it 'fragmentary' communication.

Also, a possible excuse could be that there seem to be some tradeshows someplace.

Sandro
OK, sorry for misinterpreting. Either way though, it sounds to me like they're avoiding the issue, which isn't very cool.

Colonel Angus
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Colonel Angus »

Has there been any update to this? I have read accounts from, or spoken to, other GT owners, and have not heard a tale such as this one. I in no way doubt the events, or Sandro, in any way. But it does seem odd that this may be a singular incident. Do you think it could have been a one-off, freak, defect?
Physical deterioration/self-destruct aside, have you had any luck with compensation? Or any means of amends from their customer service?

MannyCan
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: You might want to look closely& VERY closely&

Post by MannyCan »

How much was the damage from the shipping alone? Maybe they need to address their packing procedures.

jcpax727

Post by jcpax727 »

I was dead set on one of these until this thread a few weeks ago, so ty very much for the great info.
Even if the issue is a one off defect the way GT is handling it isn't acceptable.

It could be any one of us. Sure 9 ppl may have 0 issues but the 10th screwed cause of how GT replies isn't a good sign at all.
At 4000$+ I would not want to be the 1/10 lol

Scrublord
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Scrublord »

Ouch! This is pretty much everything I was dreading when I bought my first doll. Kept worrying that stuff like this might happen.

Think that was one of the main reasons I went "in at the deep end" with RealDoll. Figured a US manufacturer would have decent customer service in the event anything went wrong.

So glad I've since discovered TDF!
Currently owned: OR Doll 157cm "Kitiara" (avatar photo) || JY Doll 153cm "Natalie"
Silicone...TPE...its all good...

collector
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by collector »

Thank you for this thread, it's helped allow a timely change of plans.

[Speedy]

Post by [Speedy] »

Damn, I was really interested in model 9, but now I'm questioning if she'd fall apart too! :(

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Colonel Angus wrote:Has there been any update to this? […] Do you think it could have been a one-off, freak, defect? Physical deterioration/self-destruct aside, have you had any luck with compensation? Or any means of amends from their customer service?
I will try to give an update.

Firstly, one of the goals of purchasing a sample is to get a first-hand impression about the reality behind marketing blurb as (not only in China) words can be cheap. Even if previously unknown flaws are discovered in the sample, the respective manufacturer can still demonstrate their problem solving capability, so a flawed sample is not automatically a desaster. For example, in case of Sino-doll the (paid) review sample was severly overweight and also had several other issues. Sino made a replacement and demonstrated their willingness and capability to build a flawless doll. So a borked sample shows a lot more than just the doll itself. It also shows to what degree a manufacturer can be trusted to get things right. With the excellent replacement, Sino re-gained my trust.

Working with manufacturers this way is not as easy as just forwarding unverified promotion claims as most other vendors do. Purchasing samples is not only a financial risk, it sometimes also terminates the business relationship with the respective manufacturer right away. This happened, for example, with Maiden Doll and Candy8teen. But it also gives me a level of market insight unknown to pure drop-shipping vendors who never see the products they are selling. On the other hand, financial ressources of a small vendor like Dollstudio are not infinite. A total loss like the GT doll - it's a four-figure amount - also means that we can not purchase other samples for a while.

Having that said, the loosening of the joints and the disfunctional standing feet without bolts are definitely neither regular wear & tear nor one-off issues. Both are design flaws, caused by the way the doll is engineered. If a metal plate is not deburred on the edges, it will cut through any soft material as it works like a knife. Here is the explanation why the joints loosen so quickly. This is a fundamental engineering principle which not only applies to tools and the GT skeleton, but also to many other skeletons.

These things could be enhanced, if the factory wanted to make enhancements. For example, Doll Sweet uses brass and nylon washers in their skeletons since 'forever', but average TPE skeletons don't. The first type of skeleton keeps full posability at least for months or even years, the latter one can lose posability within weeks. Things like this are not rocket science, it's very basic mechanics. Sharp things cut through soft things; and when steel runs on steel, there is friction and wear. Steel on steel has a high coefficient of friction, similar to concrete on steel. Steel on PTFE (Teflon) has very low friction, brass on steel and PE on steel are somewhere in the middle which is quite nice for joints - engineering joints for durability means to make targeted use of these material properties.

However, so far there is no evidence that GT enhanced the metal foot plate or the way the joints are engineered. There are only vague claims which can not be verified without tangible evidence.

Secondly, another goal of purchasing a sample is to have something for showcasing. Every manufacturer with trust in his products should have an substantial interest things like more photos for free or a vendor showing their products to customers, especially if the vendors pay money for the display sample. And this is where I really don't understand GT anymore. They do nothing to help their reputation. They seem not to care about photos or showcasing their dolls. They seem not to care about providing evidence for their verbal claims or demonstrating their willingness for after-sales support.

Regarding replacement/compensation, the negotiated deal was to return the flawed doll to China, with return shipment arranged by GT, and to pay freight costs/import fees for a replacement. Overall this would make the sample more expensive than the regular retail product. However, since the injured doll can not be fixed with available expedients (e.g. common silicone adhesive), a replacement would be the only way to demonstrate and verify that the foot plate or joints have been actually enhanced. So I accepted to pay some more, asked GT to make arrangements for the pickup of the flawed doll and to prepare a replacement. Obviously, as a vendor I have a natural interest in good dolls and reliable manufacturers, and I would rather like to have enhancements to be proven than flaws chiseld in stone.

Though, this was last month. So far GT did not make arrangements to pick up the injured doll nor did they respond to my last three emails. It's now safe to say that non-responsiveness was and still is a recurring communication pattern over the past months. If a manufacturer has any interest - or capability - to fix the issues encountered in June, it should have been possible to do so until September. At the moment, my patience is running low and I have not so much motivation as in the past weeks to invest more time and money in a replacement which might be borked again.

So the only GT configuration I can recommend at the moment is: dedicated sex doll with loose or loosening joints, definitely not for posing or standing. Storing a GT standing, like it is possible with a Z-Onedoll or a Sino-doll, is out of the question. Also you need to accept that there might or might not be a working silicone adhesive, and when you need it, it might cost you another $100 for freight. And if a shipping damage or loss should occur, I have no idea how how GT would handle it.

Sandro

INFORMATIONS