dollstudio.org

The greatest challenges for doll makers in 2018

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
SizeKing
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: The greatest challenges for doll makers in 2018

Post by SizeKing »

All I want is a 3D TPE printer to make my own parts. Next year? :roll:
SizeKing - because size matters

ZZZZ
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ZZZZ »

coolumbia wrote:making tiny bodies on extremely long spindly legs like the wm150 & wm168 is cheating on weight reduction.
I'll also point out the 6YE 132 cm doll as being guilty of this, because it could be a great doll with some tweaks. The legs look great from the sides, curving nicely. But from the front and back, the legs look narrow, with very little curve.

The other big "weight cheat" is narrow upper bodies! Since there's not much for the breasts to attach to, you end up with "papaya-shaped" breasts, rather than the cone/torpedo shape many TDF members would like to see:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=90454
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (30.93 KiB) Viewed 1623 times

CrazyCajun
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by CrazyCajun »

Sandro; As always you have spoken very wisely. I would also like to see manufacturers actually stand behind the quality of their products and not place that burdon on the backs of the Vendors. This does not affect me, but it is not right.

This is not a rag on manufacturers, but when you produce anything in the quantities that doll, especially, TPE dolls are produced at, there are bound to be some bad apples. I simply don't believe it should be the responsibility of Vendors to replace or correct issues that they have very little or no control over.
CrazyCajun and the Girls

Making the world a doll friendlier place!
April's Gallery's: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14640

ZZZZ
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ZZZZ »

haremlover wrote:WM were looking at weight reduction but apparently looking at a lower density TPE which had problems. There is another way to reduce weight brought forward by a disreputable manufacturer but other factories seem resistant to taking up the idea.
What is the other weight reduction method?!? Don't leave us in suspense! :)

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

I'm sorry but I'm not at liberty to disclose :-( But there is a way of doing it. I had a doll to test from a factory in China who turned out to be disreputable and dumped people in the cart left right and centre. I was in trepidation of receiving a heavy 165 and then had the greatest surprise to find her quite a manageable weight. Sadly her skeleton broke on me and that was the end of that one. Damned welded nuts again.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

ZZZZ
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ZZZZ »

haremlover wrote:I'm sorry but I'm not at liberty to disclose :-( But there is a way of doing it. I had a doll to test from a factory in China who turned out to be disreputable and dumped people in the cart left right and centre.
Bummer!
Dollstudio wrote:1) Repairability and maintainability

[...]

3) Weight reduction

[...]

Please feel free to share your desirables for new dolls in 2018!
This might solve the "repairability and maintainability" and "weight reduction" problems in one fell swoop:
Skins and skeletons sold separately? (poll)

Richharddd

Post by Richharddd »

I think dolls need better marketing. Most doll videos are just animated slideshows zooming in and out of photos. Seeing all dolls used even with a dildo and some shaking would make and break some sales.

The most important thing I believe is that doll vendors should take pitures of their dolls in NATURAL light so buyers know what the doll will look like in their own homes.

Also permanent makeup would be a tremendous bonus that I would gladly pay an extra 100 to 150 for!

matt gloss
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by matt gloss »

I recently posted a topic "dolls without tpe ball" and I got very little response,I have since ordered a realistic anime doll from Joy at beautiful dolls because I will not have to worry about bits falling out and then going rusty/rotten from the inside,I would love to adopt sasa from dh168 but £1600 IS A LOT of money and I am not saying their dolls or anyones are bad because I can't....because I cannot obtain the information to prove it, there is secrecy in the industry and until I am sure of what I am buying with regards to tpe I will not buy anything.
So which dolls don't have balls?Which doll makers have some?
MG

CrazyCajun
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by CrazyCajun »

Repairability and maintainability! This is something that I have spoken about many times and was told that Repairability and maintainability do not sell dolls! Hopefully that will change! But, it will not, as long as we do not demand it in order to obtain our business!

@matt gloss; Not only is there secrecy, but also a lot of mis-information as well. It is a daunting task to sift through what is factual and what is BS! It is a very hard task just to decipher who exactly makes what!
CrazyCajun and the Girls

Making the world a doll friendlier place!
April's Gallery's: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14640

matt gloss
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by matt gloss »

I really do hope that one day I will have the trust(and££)to buy a tpe doll,until then I will keep reading and learning and watching the forums,like a dog and his bone..which dolls DO NOT have a tpe ball PLEASE?
MG
:plaidskirt:

ax4tl
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ax4tl »

Repairability and maintainability would be nice. It sucked having my first one break a month in without being able to repair her. I can see why they would not be inclined to make them easily repaired though.

ttdjderek2

Post by ttdjderek2 »

A little off subject, but what is the difference in silicone used for baking pans and silicone for dolls?

Asterix

Post by Asterix »

matt gloss wrote:I really do hope that one day I will have the trust(and££)to buy a tpe doll,until then I will keep reading and learning and watching the forums,like a dog and his bone..which dolls DO NOT have a tpe ball PLEASE?
MG
:plaidskirt:
D4E have no ball.
Means no risk of rust in vagina.

/Asterix

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

it seems that most comments agree to the three challenges I mentioned. We'll see, what manufacturers or 3rd party suppliers will come up with in 2018…

Supplementary to my 'shortlist', a couple of additions were made; weighted based on the number of mentionings:
  • improvements dor fingers/hands (stronger fingers, hands and wrists)
  • improvements for oral sex
  • standing feet without 3 visible screws
  • body heating
  • design without TPE plug (at the end of the vaginal canal)
Interesting is that all these issues have been already resolved (more or less sufficiently) in silicone dolls. So it seems to be mostly a task for TPE manufacturers to catch up to what's available in the medium and high end range.

Regarding standing without screws - so far, TPE dolls have mostly failed in this area; it was attempted by Doll Forever, but did not work good enough for every use case. In the silicone world, this issue has been solved years ago. Dolls by Silicone Art can stand on their own feet, without hurting themself. FleshGordoll's pictures of Yuuko are evidence for that. So this is technically solvable, if manufacturers properly design their dolls for standing - they can do it, if they want.

Technically more challenging are stronger fingers and hands. Hinged wrists should be considered state of the art for any type of (almost) life-sized doll nowadays, but getting rid of the wire-based fingers is another story. However, I tend to consider this another lagging behind of TPE doll designs with weakly welded and too fragile wires. At least when comparing with Doll Sweet's hand design since introduction of the DS-167, I do not feel an urgent requirement to enhance hand like this. Sure, fully articulated fingers with hinged knuckles could be nice, but are they really necessary? I'd tend to say that fingers in TPE dolls 'just' need to get more sturdy - similar to what DS or Maidlee Doll already have.

Truly oral heads and body heating - This has been discussed elsewhere at lengths; Abyss has (silicone) heads with a proper design for oral sex. I haven't tried these yet, but their design is good. So I think this is also a 'by design' issue of current TPE heads which are not up to their silicone counterparts. I don't think that fully oral-capable TPE heads will happen anytime soon. Too much of how they are made and how they are attached would have to be changed. The same goes for body heating - TPE is a thermoplastic material which deforms when applying heat. Even though a couple of TPE manufacturers offer TPE dolls with body heating, it does not go well together. If you want a doll with body heating, you need to go for silicone.

Last but not least the awkward TPE plug, another TPE doll 'by design' issue. However, I think it is a bit of an overrated issue, at least compared to other things like an oral canal in TPE dolls that ends on a fiberglass core without any plug. What can happen with the TPE plug is that it becomes loose and dirt can enter the inside of the doll. If most TPE doll manufacturers do not change their design, the 2nd best option is to just tightly seal the end of the vaginal canal. Indigo has a product for sealing the end of the vaginal canal in common TPE dolls, so unless you buy noname girls with unsupported TPE blends from Alibaba, I'd consider the TPE plug issue more or less a non-issue, at least not a very urgent one.

That leads me back to the consistency & documentation topic. There is a major difference between TPE and silicone dolls in regard to repairs - common silicone glue like Smooth-on's Sil-Poxy, Permatex flowable windshield sealer, or Wacker 'E4' works on virtually all silicone dolls. A similar glue does not exist for TPE dolls. For each TPE blend, you need a tailor-made TPE glue. We will continue to do research in this area and try to come up with products to enhance the repairability of TPE dolls.

The most often mentioned deficit of TPE dolls is the weak hand & finger design, so manufacturers need to be made aware of this issue, so please keep pestering your favourite doll maker about hand/finger enhancements.

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

matt gloss
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by matt gloss »

Thankyou Asterix for the info.
How many of us want to have to fiddle about trying to seal off a vaginal cavity on a doll we just paid £1600 for?
Sorry I know there are those that want to help but i'm a painter and decorator not a gynocologist...
MG

INFORMATIONS