dollstudio.org

New photos with Z-Onedoll ZO-160/E & ZO-A21 Lily head

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

New photos with Z-Onedoll ZO-160/E & ZO-A21 Lily head

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

here are some new photos with the Z-Onedoll ZO-160/E body style and ZO-A21 head aka Lily:
z-onedoll-zo-160-body-a-21-head-801A0043.jpg
z-onedoll-zo-160-body-a-21-head-801A0043.jpg (464.46 KiB) Viewed 1007 times
z-onedoll-zo-160-body-a-21-head-801A9997.jpg
z-onedoll-zo-160-body-a-21-head-801A9997.jpg (668.95 KiB) Viewed 1007 times
z-onedoll-zo-160-body-a-21-head-801A0058.jpg
z-onedoll-zo-160-body-a-21-head-801A0058.jpg (360.21 KiB) Viewed 1007 times
z-onedoll-zo-160-body-a-21-head-801A0193.jpg
z-onedoll-zo-160-body-a-21-head-801A0193.jpg (416 KiB) Viewed 1007 times
This is a silicone doll.

More photos are here: http://us.dollstudio.org/node/4052

All Z-Onedoll girls are available from Dollstudio!
Sandro

https://twitter.com/DollStudioEU/status ... 4454644736
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

Aeron
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: New photos with Z-Onedoll ZO-160/E & ZO-A21 Lily head

Post by Aeron »

Sorry to necro this thread, but this is a pretty good example of why ZO head images have confused me since the same head in different images seems almost like it has different facial structures.

I found more images of the head from this Dollstudio page: http://us.dollstudio.org/products/head/ ... ead-no-a21
The jawline on this one looks more squarish (see the right side of the face). It also doesn't have the wide-eyed deer in headlights look.

Even more so with not having the wide eyed look. This one the eyes are quite narrow.

Is there an answer to the mystery of how the same face look structurally different? The jawline might be able to be explained away with differing camera angles between images, but the eyes can't be a trick of the angle.

Did ZO start making the face differently? And how does the default makeup look like since the heavy lipstick image is the one on their site gallery?

Edit: Found your unboxing thread for the 160 / A21 here: viewtopic.php?f=227&t=76242

Think that only confuses me more since the unboxing image of the A21 seems to suggest the jawline is pretty squarish after all? If so, that's kind of a bummer.

Or is the mystery this?
The heads are the second WTF of this Unboxing. One head is beautiful and flawless, but does not match the most up-to-date specs, the other one is severely flawed.

David from ZO explained that they already have two different kinds of mould for this head, and a third one is under preparation:

[...]

That's a real bummer. There are variants of the heads nobody knows about, and there are no photos showing the differences!
Could the differences in the molds be more than just the oral capability and somehow the shape changed a bit too?

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

@Aeron: I don't know if this answers your questions, but Z-Onedoll has different molds for the heads. Some of the old molds are not oral capable. Heads without the oral canal can appear pretty different from the oral ones. The A21 variant I like best is an old mold. Also Z-Onedoll updates the molds from time to time. Some details on old heads are pretty bad and on the newer heads they are pretty good (e.g. teeth).

Next thing to mention is that Z-Onedoll uses a core below the silicone. I think it's GFK. It looks like so: viewtopic.php?p=983451#p983451 . Unlike all other silicone heads I have seen, you can peel the silicone skin on a ZO head from the core. If you are carefully, the silicone is not harmed and you can push it over the core back on, like a mask. This looseness has a couple of side effects. Most notably, even slight distortions have the same effect like facial expressions - or grimaces.

Z-Onedoll heads are wonderful raw material for modelers and experimenters. They do not cost a fortune. And with some tinkering you can make use of the looseness and shape the face (e.g. put a wad of cottonwool below the cheeks, or pull the chin down a bit).

If you put these pieces together - different molds, short product cycles, looseness over core - and consider that nobody knows which variant was used for a certain picture, maybe you have an explanation.

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

Aeron
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Aeron »

Dollstudio wrote:@Aeron: I don't know if this answers your questions, but Z-Onedoll has different molds for the heads. Some of the old molds are not oral capable. Heads without the oral canal can appear pretty different from the oral ones. The A21 variant I like best is an old mold. Also Z-Onedoll updates the molds from time to time. Some details on old heads are pretty bad and on the newer heads they are pretty good (e.g. teeth).

Next thing to mention is that Z-Onedoll uses a core below the silicone. I think it's GFK. It looks like so: viewtopic.php?p=983451#p983451 . Unlike all other silicone heads I have seen, you can peel the silicone skin on a ZO head from the core. If you are carefully, the silicone is not harmed and you can push it over the core back on, like a mask. This looseness has a couple of side effects. Most notably, even slight distortions have the same effect like facial expressions - or grimaces.

Z-Onedoll heads are wonderful raw material for modelers and experimenters. They do not cost a fortune. And with some tinkering you can make use of the looseness and shape the face (e.g. put a wad of cottonwool below the cheeks, or pull the chin down a bit).

If you put these pieces together - different molds, short product cycles, looseness over core - and consider that nobody knows which variant was used for a certain picture, maybe you have an explanation.

Sandro
Thanks, Sandro. That helps a lot.

I guess the only way to get the shape you want is to refer ZO to a photo when ordering since we don't know which molds are used in which photos.

INFORMATIONS