sexyrealsexdolls.com

No more fabric color bleed hack

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to not specifically listed TPE or TPR Dolls
hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: No more fabric color bleed hack

Post by hollows+fentiman »

Sorry, haven’t watched that video yet but I tend to use a big, soft makeup brush to spread the powder. Ashaki is black so if I use my hands her skin has streak marks!

Just a quick word about stain remover though! I got a tiny pot delivered with Ashaki but nothing with Vivette! Ashaki doesn’t seem to pick up stains but I soon realised Vivette did and that tiny pot wasn’t going to last very long at the rate she was picking them up! (As she was a demo model she actually arrived with a few stains already!)

Anyway, if you smell the stain remover there’s a distinct menthol element to it! Out of desperation I looked at products I had with that ingredient. I had some DeepHeat, which is a cream used for things like back pain. It has getting on for 6% menthol in it so I tried that and it does seem to work almost as well as the actual stain remover! I’m not sure whether I can recommend it though as there are other ingredients in it that MAY not be good for TPE (like Eucalyptus Oil, Menthyl Salicylate and Turpentine Oil)! If you do try it you need to air the room well though and leave her uncovered as it doesn’t half clear your airways out!

Cheers, Hollows.
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

kojima

Post by kojima »

Here's a follow-up:

I'm using an insert as a testing piece, as hollow mentioned, this might affect actual results, but until I get a real test piece, it works. I performed this trick on a rather offensive skirt which was bleeding and staining my insert in a matter of a couple hours, and pretty badly at that. I soaked the article in the vinegar/salt/water mixture for 24 hours, according to an identical procedure that recommended the longer soak. After 24 hours, I let it dry. Then I washed it and let it dry again. After a few hours of testing, it still stains a little bit, but it's not nearly as bad as it was before. I think this method has some merit and might actually be really effective on some fabrics and dyes, but I wouldn't say it's a 100% fix for all clothing. Best bet is to follow standard rules and make sure you thoroughly test clothing for staining before letting your girl wear them.
Currently boarding:
青山真綾 (Maaya Aoyama) ::WM 153 #85::

Maaya's Doll Album

Adventurer
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by Adventurer »

Thanks for the heads up Kojima. I have a vinyl piece that I'm worried will stain like crazy. I think this should be Ok for vinyl.... I hope anyway...
----
Kateryna & Vera (Zelex 170c and 172 SLE) review and photos: viewtopic.php?t=175212

My Sili Doll Sukiwaai review and pictures thread:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=81812

Willow- My SM 156c Silicone:
viewtopic.php?f=269&t=138708

Piper Doll Jessica:
viewtopic.php?f=387&t=131094

Mon Amour Toujour
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Mon Amour Toujour »

kojima wrote:
MonAmour wrote:@ Kojima

You're welcome my friend! I have several instructional videos on my YouTube channel :D
I just checked a few of them out, actually. The powdering video was primarily what I was looking for. You even answered/confirmed the major question I had about powdering: the smooth feeling is the end goal for powdering. I think I might be over powdering her a little bit, but you also mention that newer dolls sometimes require more frequent powderings, so that might contribute to her seeming to require more powder to completely get rid of the tacky feeling and achieve the smooth feeling. Thanks!
I'm glad you found what you were looking for!

Thanks for the feedback.
Email:info@FreelovedollHouse.com
http://www.freelovedollhouse.com/
We only provide quality dolls to our customers! If you are ordering dolls for the first time, then choosing us is a good guarantee for you!

marlyg

Post by marlyg »

well sure enough. Put some white panties on Kelsie..had a small black tag. after only 5 minutes it had started to put a little grey bruise on her crack. Cut that sucker off (the tag that is)

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

I've discovered this product-
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001H ... UTF8&psc=1
Works fabulously well. Cheap and goes a long long way.

M_Yoroshii

Post by M_Yoroshii »

kojima wrote:Sorry for the late response, not meaning to zombie the thread, but I've heard of this "hack" before. I've read online that it's just a myth, but most of those sites are talking about color bleed in laundry when you actually wash the fabric. I doubt they had TPE love dolls in mind when they did their testing. That having been said, based on their evidence combined with your evidence, would it be safe to assume that this dye lock should be performed every time you wash the garment? It seems that, based on the myth busting articles, the dye lock doesn't hold up when washing. Maybe washing loosens the dyes and they need to be locked again to avoid bleeding. Have you any experience with this?

Also, there are several types of vinegar out there. I'm assuming distilled white/cleaning vinegar, but what type of vinegar should be used?

I'm partial to dark clothing myself and every time I go shopping for my girl I see an outfit I love, but stop myself because it's black. So further clarification on this would be very helpful.

so here's the thing when it comes to fabrics...
silks and non cotton need an acid set for the dyes to be permanent,
cotton needs an different set for dye sometimes heat does it sometimes it's an alkaline, i use salt generally for cotton.

so if we mix salt with acid...kind of like baking soda and vinegar...you don't get the dye set in most fabrics.
simple rule...acid for anything other than cotton. wash or soak it.
rinse till it's nothing but water coming out of it...
and then test.
here to make friends...so send me an add, and feel free to say hi.

JP2003

Post by JP2003 »

I`m going to try this solution!

nicvncnt
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by nicvncnt »

I found this thread recently and tried this method on some black leggings that were still staining TPE after multiple washes and I found that, at least on the garments I tried, it works perfectly. These leggings were the usual cotton/elastane mix which normally is OK after 3 washes so I guess it was something different about the dye not the fabric.

Anyway thanks very much for the tip.

INFORMATIONS