sexyrealsexdolls.com

Successful repair of an irreparable skeletal fracture

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to not specifically listed TPE or TPR Dolls
Tsall
Server Admin
Server Admin

Successful repair of an irreparable skeletal fracture

Post by Tsall »

Short story

On the first of April I noticed that Lucia's left leg could be moved very easily. Since her hip joint is very stiff, I was immediately afraid of a skeletal fracture. After a short examination I was sure that the U-shaped part of the skeleton between spine and hip joints was broken. Sadly I was right. :(

Click for better resolution (236 KiB)

First:
If this happen to your doll, don't panic.
In my case Lucia was lying comfortably in bed and could have been there forever without anything happening to her.

Second:
I was able to repair it. Since the beginning of May Lucia can stand again. :D This photo was made several hours ago.

Click for better resolution (414 KiB)

Complete story

On the same day I contacted Passion Dolls and in the next weeks we discussed what I could do.
It took some time till I was able to explain where the problem is. This video demonstrates it.
Lucia_20180404_0053.mp4 (1.8 MiB)

After some time I decided to try a repair. I love her to much to replace her.

It was obvious that I have to cut into my lovely Lucia. So after two weeks I made a small cut of approx. 1.5 cm. I put a plastic tube with 3.5 cm diameter into the cut and looked at the skeleton. The flexibility of TPE is awesome. :o

The initial cut
Click for better resolution (222 KiB)

Lucia, what happened to you?
Click for better resolution (343 KiB)

The broken weld seam
Click for better resolution (208 KiB)

Tube towards the spine
Click for better resolution (271 KiB)

Tube towards the hip
Click for better resolution (183 KiB)

Passion Dolls discussed the problem with the Chinese factory. Unfortunately, the only answer from them was to re-weld the skeleton. :? In my opinion, this proposal is nonsense. There is no possibility to weld two pipes completely covered by TPE. Besides, I don't have a welding machine.

In the following weeks I thought about how to repair this fracture in the most sensible and easy way. I had several ideas but didn't like them. One day I saw something in the hardware store that fit almost perfectly.

You're not gonna believe what I used to do the repair
  • a door handle made of aluminium
  • two hose clamp
  • some aluminium sheets
Click for better resolution (841 KiB)

Total cost approx. 15 Euro. The necessary tools such as a tin snips and a reasonable flashlight were much more expensive. But they can also be used for other purposes.

The skeleton tubes have a inner diameter of approx. 23 mm. The door handle has a diameter of approx. 22 mm. To fill the gap I used 0.5 mm thin aluminium sheets. The hose clamps should prevent the skelleton tubes from tearing.

Lucia during surgery
Click for better resolution (399 KiB)

Aluminium sheet
Click for better resolution (356 KiB)

Finished
Click for better resolution (234 KiB)

Click for better resolution (177 KiB)

The cut has widened during repair
Click for better resolution (282 KiB)

This is not the final solution

The tubes can rotate on the door handle. I think I'll screw one or two screws through the tube and handle. This prevents any rotation. Or I use some screw glue. Or both, glue and screw. But before I glue or screw I want to know if the repair would even work.

Experience of the last three weeks since repair
  • Lucia can stand again :D
  • cleaning her standing under the shower works wonderful
  • powdering while standing and leaning against a wall works perfectly
  • cuddling in bed makes some noise like an very old bed :(
  • standing is more risky
Did I mention that Lucia can stand again?
It makes me happy to see her standing. :D

Click for better resolution (384 KiB)

When she arches her back, the (unglued) cut is almost invisible.
Click for better resolution (207 KiB)

Open tasks
  • glue or screw the door handle and tube together or both
  • seal the open wound with a repair kit

Questions?

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Mara (Dreamdoll Tania) - holiday trip (outdoor photos) and introduction
Lucia (Passiondolls 160cm Muscle Doll) - introduction and photos
Keira (Phicen Arhian Pirate) - outdoor adventures

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Re: Successful repair of an irreparable skeletal fracture

Post by Anung Un Rama »

A great repair thread with some innovative solutions. Well researched and presented.

So do you have any recollection of the type of movement that may have caused the tune to sheer?

OK ...looks like titanium tubes for the next model 8O

Thanks Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Well done

The trouble is that the Chinese companies have used the same materials for skeletons of dolls much too heavy for the grade of metal tubing used. They've beefed up the bodies, beefed up the weight and not beefed up the skeleton to match. I had a CLM175 with just this problem and they told me that they had upgraded their skeleton as a result. But that didn't help my lady.

I was lucky as she was a doll sent to me for review rather than a doll I bought, and I gave her away to someone who I thought would have the technical ability to mend her . . . but this experience is why I went rather quiet on the CLM front and I continue to champion dolls which I know to my knowledge are good.

Very often one doesn't know about the durability of a skeleton until one takes her to bed. In bed one might be more constrained in the directions one's trying to move a leg, and put more pressure against the direction of a hinge than one would with free movement in free space.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

Tsall
Server Admin
Server Admin

Post by Tsall »

Anung Un Rama wrote:A great repair thread with some innovative solutions. Well researched and presented.

So do you have any recollection of the type of movement that may have caused the tune to sheer?

OK ...looks like titanium tubes for the next model 8O

Thanks Anung
Thank you for your appreciation.

What does "tune to sheer" mean?

I think titanium tubes aren't necessary. Professionally welded stainless steel should suffice.

@Harem: Thanks.
I agree with you about the stability of the skeleton. But there were no forces against the direction of a joint.

Presumed cause

I've often thought about the cause and I have an idea why it broke.
I think there are three reasons:
  • badly welded skeleton
    The head connector broke on the fourth day after delivery because of bad welding. I showed a friend and he said "That's not welded. It's just spit.". If the skeleton was welded in the same unprofessional way it is obvious why it broke.
    (I got a replacement and build myself a better connector.)
  • weak tubes in the skeleton, especially the U-shaped part
    The U-shaped part of the skeleton connects two massive legs, a giant butt and the upper body. It must hold the complete weight of the doll plus external forces during any movement. The used tubes have an outer diameter of approx. 25 mm and a wall thickness of max. 1.5 mm. WTF?
  • the hip joints for spreading her legs are extremely stiff
    I mean really stiff. I need much force to spread her legs.
Why is stiffness of the hip joint relevant?
Let me show ...

Click for better resolution (338 KiB)

To spread her legs I have to pull on point A. An extremely stiff joint B now leads to massive forces at point C.
Please note: From A to C it is 90 cm. That's a very big lever.

It gets worse when her legs are straight up. Because then there are rotational forces in point C.

How can it be avoided?

To move her left leg inward
I sit on her left side with my right arm between her legs directly at her vagina and my left arm on the outside of her knee. Then I push the knee to the inside while slightly pulling her hip to the outside.

To move her left leg outward
I sit on her left side with my right arm against her hip and my left arm on the inside of her knee. Then I pull the knee to the outside while slightly pushing against her hip.

This way I lower the force on the U-shaped part.

The right side the same, only mirror-inverted.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Great repair thread!
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

"tune to sheer"

n is next to b on the keyboard and shear rhymes

Yes - not pushing leg against direction of hinges but stiff hinges. The bottom line is inadequate guage metal tubing where rotation forces are significant.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

WhataTimeToBeAlive

Post by WhataTimeToBeAlive »

Wow, well done indeed!

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

yep Harem is correct, my spellchecker killing me when typing at 100 WPM...slow down Anung...no wonder Lily gets finger pokes :lol:

Tube not tune.

Yep, so calculating the loadings based on mass, distance and average speed of movement in anyone vector at velocity 0.3 MS-1, Not good news in the event that the hip joint is slightly torsioned out of the correct movement plane and angle and creates torque feedback along the shaft (tube).

Looking at the length of the U Frame tubes, I would recommend that at least 316 grade SS tube OD 25MM with wall thickness 2.5MM So ID of 20MM would be required for 3000 N (remember big levers equal big torque and subsequent feedback and beam/joint loading) would be required with a minimum of a 2.5MM fillet (TIG process preferred to MIG, as the MIG will further leave a larger heat affected zone that is less resilient to sheer force resistance) .

Either that or Titanium Gr 2 seamless tubes, it is cheap as chips in China, and then forces makers to use TIG process.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 4373UrrFjZ

WOW.... 8O It costs ten times that here, and we export it to China...WTF Government :lol:

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

Tsall
Server Admin
Server Admin

Post by Tsall »

samara78 and WhataTimeToBeAlive: Thank you for your appreciation.

Harem: So just a typo, thanks.

Anung: This looks like detailed calculations. I hope the factories understand what you wrote and correct the problem. At least the factory that you seem to know pretty well. :whistle:

I forgot to mention a possible improvement of the skeleton.

Idea to improve the stability of the U-shaped part

When looking from the feet onto the vagina, the vagina lies almost completely above an imaginary line between the two hip joints.
As several times stated, her vagina and anus are quite far apart. Therefore, a downward curved pipe could be installed between the two hip joints without disturbing vagina and anus. The U-shaped part will become a rectangle which increases stability.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to install this on an existing doll without large cuts. It must be made before molding.

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Yes, that is the factory she came from, however Doug holds the IP patent for the model, so any changes need to have his approval and instigation.

Her chassis should be similar to this
娃娃头部选项.jpg
娃娃头部选项.jpg (85.66 KiB) Viewed 6303 times
So feel free to download, and edit with paint, and then re upload what you mean so I can explain it to Doug to pass onto the Aiersha.

As the message may get lost in translation, and I have founfd that a picture can be universal.

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Mini Dolls lots!

Tsall
Server Admin
Server Admin

Post by Tsall »

You are right, pictures say more than a thousand words. :D

I tried to edit your picture, but I wasn't happy.
So I installed Blender, watched some Blender Tutorials about tubes and created a 3D model. :whistle:

Informing Doug is a good idea. So I just did this. But feel free to contact him yourself.

PassionDolls
Vendor / Manufacturer
Vendor / Manufacturer

Post by PassionDolls »

@Anung Un Rama and all,

Yes, I did gave them feedback to make the skeleton, but I don't hold the IP patent. I did consider patent it, but it will be useless to patent it in China. Long story short. One factory claim the patent to the skeleton and it was useless. All factory use it.

I also realized if I patent it, some factory will no longer cooperative with me.

Rather have it share by all factory.

I will read this thread in a bit and will pass on any new ideas you guy have. More than happy to make things better.

if you guys know a better way to make a better finger WITHOUT complex modification, let me know too. I think it is time to upgrade the hand anyway.
ImageImageImage
Passion Dolls - Sex Dolls & Love Dolls - Check out our large selection of TPE & Silicone Doll Offering
BUY FROM AN AUTHORIZED & TRUSTED SOURCE! - PASSION DOLLS

***** IF YOU HAVE NOT CHECK OUT PASSION DOLLS YOU ARE MISSING OUT *****

Why choose us? READ HERE >>>>>>>>>>> WHY CHOOSING WHO HANDLE YOUR ORDER IS SO IMPORTANT
USA Vendor/Manufacturer. Hundreds of happy customers worldwide and growing!

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Hi Tsall and Doug, I probably should have used intellectual property (and licence for the 160 PD muscle doll) to avoid confusion.

As Doug has discussed Chinese trademarks can be unorthodox :roll: (Same, Same, but different) :lol: , and generally there are two that apply to these type of dolls. These are full chassis construct (not individual chassis components) and external doll appearance. So hope that clarifies. Doug would have a contract for the later.

Well done Tsall...how good is blender :thumbs_up: ...I use 2.79 and I love it. So have fun with this handy software!

I get exactly where you a coming from, and agree the reinforcement curved strut concept is sound and I endorse it. The Only thing is identifying the appropriate weld and fusion process for the attachment, so it can be a standardised and easily replicated process, but the concept would indeed alleviate the loading vectors that have been discussed in topic, through torsional load distribution and sheer resilience. I like it :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

The thing I need to have a think on is how we jig up the lower rod mount that usually goes through the vag cavity to support the chassis at the pelvic U joint when in the mold, with the vag canal offset like that. Let me think on it. :?

I think this innovation should be incorporated into all larger mass dolls, but now getting the factories on board...well that is the trick...as they are like....so your doll break, buy new doll from us, without realising that once word gets around that their doll doesn't break, then everyone wants that doll!

Cheers Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Mini Dolls lots!

Rtechguy

Post by Rtechguy »

I use blender 2.79 as well for building my 3d models that I sell to various places and it is great for that. I have an idea that I will mock up on solidworks for you guys. I will post when I have it done
Alisandra - SM-163G
Fallon - JY-166 muscle doll
Arrived (YL 170 thread) - YL-170
TBD - YL-170 (2nd attempt)

Devoted customer of Booty Call Dolls

Rtechguy

Post by Rtechguy »

Cheap and easy for the manufacturers would be something like this I would imagine
hips.JPG
hips.JPG (132.31 KiB) Viewed 6219 times
Alisandra - SM-163G
Fallon - JY-166 muscle doll
Arrived (YL 170 thread) - YL-170
TBD - YL-170 (2nd attempt)

Devoted customer of Booty Call Dolls

INFORMATIONS