sexyrealsexdolls.com

Finger wire repair

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to not specifically listed TPE or TPR Dolls
Fantastic Plastic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Finger wire repair

Post by Fantastic Plastic »

Well Maxine finally got herself a floppy finger.
Has anyone figured out a way of fixing a broken finger wire?

FP

avante
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Finger wire repair

Post by avante »

I would like to know to, since apperantly I have figured out how to break 2 a day...would not know how to tell you, since I have no clue how I did that...

Anyone ever sliced open a hand to repair these, and have some pics/vids of it/
New in: IT 164+ the curves are real: viewtopic.php?p=2475683#p2475683
My doll experience : WM 158D tales & pics: viewtopic.php?f=215&t=85063&start=465

abracadabra
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by abracadabra »

depends on why it's flopping, usually you can tell by feel if it has come separated from the silver coil that's part of the hand in which case it's just a matter of getting ahold of The Wire and pulling the finger out farther than you would like to and with your other hand guiding it into back into the silver coil that's the best you can do without cutting it open I have to do mine often
"no matter how good looking she is, somebody somewhere is sick of her shit"

"f#ck the G-ride, I want the machines that are making em."

Mondoon
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mondoon »

There's some info you might find useful in this thread https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 87&t=80556
There are also photographs of the hand structure which may come in handy.
It's more to do with improving the hands but you may get an idea of how to make an improved repair.
"Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey" - John Lennon

Super Softy Monkey Team Doll Force Go !!

Hanna's Thread
Hanna's Album
Hanna's CoverDoll Shoot

carver
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by carver »

I knew my doll had broken finger wires. I also knew it would not be possible to simply re-insert them. Thats a dreamer scheme. Today was the day to do some more surgery. My doll is an OR hcup from November 2016. The fingers on the left hand broke after 1 month when they accidentally got caught in her wig hair and were pulled beyond the breaking point. I also have three broken fingers on her right hand. Why the twisted copper wires snapped off instead of bending I still can't understand. Also my doll's palm plate is different than every photo have seen from the experts here on the forum. The plate is hollow, not pressed. Two twisted copper wires form each finger wire and the wires are inserted into the hollow plate and it was then filled with polyester putty (bondo) to hold them in place.The putty did indeed hold them securely as you can see from the photos. However the thin gauge twisted copper wires simply snapped. In the photos you can see I have successively drilled out the putty and removed the broken pieces of wire. I will now need to extend the finger wires with new copper (perhaps soldering new ones on) and then re-insert into palm plate and re-fill with putty. Always happy to have other's opinions.
Attachments
she was real good throughout the entire procedure
she was real good throughout the entire procedure
DSCN0874.JPG (1.94 MiB) Viewed 5409 times
incision in palm of hand
incision in palm of hand
DSCN0863.JPG (1.84 MiB) Viewed 5409 times
broken wires- plate filled with resin
broken wires- plate filled with resin
DSCN0864.JPG (2 MiB) Viewed 5409 times
clear shot of the broken finger wires
clear shot of the broken finger wires
DSCN0866.JPG (1.93 MiB) Viewed 5409 times
1/2 resin drilled out
1/2 resin drilled out
DSCN0868.JPG (1.96 MiB) Viewed 5409 times
2/3 of the resin drilled out
2/3 of the resin drilled out
DSCN0869.JPG (2 MiB) Viewed 5409 times
most of the resin drilled out
most of the resin drilled out
DSCN0870.JPG (1.98 MiB) Viewed 5409 times

abracadabra
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by abracadabra »

carver wrote:I knew my doll had broken finger wires. I also knew it would not be possible to simply re-insert them. Thats a dreamer scheme. Today was the day to do some more surgery. My doll is an OR hcup from November 2016. The fingers on the left hand broke after 1 month when they accidentally got caught in her wig hair and were pulled beyond the breaking point. I also have three broken fingers on her right hand. Why the twisted copper wires snapped off instead of bending I still can't understand. Also my doll's palm plate is different than every photo have seen from the experts here on the forum. The plate is hollow, not pressed. Two twisted copper wires form each finger wire and the wires are inserted into the hollow plate and it was then filled with polyester putty (bondo) to hold them in place.The putty did indeed hold them securely as you can see from the photos. However the thin gauge twisted copper wires simply snapped. In the photos you can see I have successively drilled out the putty and removed the broken pieces of wire. I will now need to extend the finger wires with new copper (perhaps soldering new ones on) and then re-insert into palm plate and re-fill with putty. Always happy to have other's opinions.

abracadabra
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by abracadabra »

What I was trying to say my last message before I had to log back in for the like the hundred thousands time what everybody seems to be calling a plate in the hand is never been a plate it's not a plate it's tubing that has been pressed in short it's pressed tubing tubing is determined and different than pipe by the thickness of the walls what you have in the hand is pressed tubing

abracadabra
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by abracadabra »

Typically string is wrapped around the copper wires for the tpe material to bond with as it does not readily bond with metal at all

abracadabra
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by abracadabra »

Copper does not break it can be bent literally hundreds of times back and forth and will not break now it will eventually tear if it's done so frequently but it's too soft to break

Mondoon
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mondoon »

abracadabra wrote:Copper does not break it can be bent literally hundreds of times back and forth and will not break now it will eventually tear if it's done so frequently but it's too soft to break
Sorry abra but it will. Bending the copper causes work hardening (or strain hardening) because working or straining the copper introduces defects, known as dislocations, into the structure. These defects interfere with further deformation, making the copper harder and stronger, thus making it more difficult to bend further. Then it snaps.

Hanna's Thread
Hanna's Album
Hanna's CoverDoll Shoot

carver
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by carver »

Yes indeed mondoon. The wires you see in my photos all broke. I did not cut them. Those loose ends were like that when I made the opening. For some reason they made a change on my doll and left out the coil spring junction between the twisted copper and the flattened tube palm plate. Now I need to come up with a cleaver way to fasten 'tails' of copper wire onto the original wires so they will reach into the flat tube so I can re-glue them back in.

Mondoon
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mondoon »

It might be a little bulky but you could try those screw in wire connectors but probably a better solution are these:
multilink-butt-splice-2.jpg
multilink-butt-splice-2.jpg (131.21 KiB) Viewed 5369 times
You could crimp the ends with pliers to make sure the copper wire doesn't come out again.

Hanna's Thread
Hanna's Album
Hanna's CoverDoll Shoot

carver
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by carver »

Interesting mondoon,thanks for the pic. I was thinking of solid copper crimps used to connect ground wires in electrically boxes. They are a pain in the ass to get apart. I know cause I have done a lot of house wiring. I just might try soldering first with a silver solder and an electric iron. Tricky cause everything is so dirty and no way to clean up those little ends. The crimps are a great idea however and I have them on hand. I am definitely going to use solid 12 ga. instead of double twisted 16 ga. (i think its 16 they used cause they are thin, that is why they broke in the first place). Sorry fantasticplastic for moving in on your thread. The timing was just right and I couldn't have started a new thread with a better title.

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

Hi,

here's a mod I've done on a 145 cm silicone doll from a mate. This is a one year old 'test stand' I created and today I still carefully bend the 'artificial finger' without any failure.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
Construction details:
The core is a 1.2 mm galvanised tying wire covered with a shrinking tube. A 3.0 mm brass tube was used for the 'phalanges'. An additional shrinking tube secures/covers the unit.
The finger cap is a 1.2 mm blind hole drilled plastic rod and prevents most finger pokes.
The finger fixation consists of a 2.0 mm brass tube soldered onto the opposite wire end and flattened at one side for the fixation screws.
The finger mount is a salvaged PVC Cable Connector which allows to easily replace a damaged finger unit.
pvc-cable-connector-250x250.jpg
Quite a simple but affordable design :wink:

- SF -

carver
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by carver »

very nice sf. you have designed a very clean looking finger. I love the shrink tubing, which can be used in many different applications. For this repair I'm afraid the existing ruff edges of the copper wire would probably tear through the plastic tubing, even if doubled up with several sizes. However reading your concept put me on the idea of using a crimp connector and instead of 'crimping', flood it with silver solder with electric iron. Don't forget I am very limited in the use of applied heat as I don't want to melt away any of the existing tpe. A hot air heat gun to shrink the tubing is out of the question. and btw, don't forget the finger wires have to bend in 3 dimensions, meaning sideways as well. Can you bend your assembly in 3 dimensions and also will it hold the position in 3 dimensions?

INFORMATIONS