sexyrealsexdolls.com

Miss Atleur semi-permanent TPE paint review

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to not specifically listed TPE or TPR Dolls
Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Miss Atleur semi-permanent TPE paint review

Post by Dollyman25442 »

So the other day I used the new Miss Atleur semi-permanent paint to recolor my dolls nipples and thought I would write a comprehensive review.

Per the manufacturer recommendation I prepped the doll and made the nipples freshly cleaned.
After mixing Rose Red with Cotton Candy I achieved the tone that I wanted.
Using a medium sized angled slightly stiff artist paintbrush I applied the product.
The product has good flow and is predictable.
It sets up pretty quickly and starts to tack after just a few minutes so you must work quickly.
The manufacturer stipulates that the color will darken considerably after having dried and this is quite true as I applied a second coat (within 30 minutes of the first coat per instructions) and the result was a color to vibrant and not as “pale” as I would have wanted.
Realistically the product is fully dried/cured in 24 hours. It was still very tacky several hours after application. I wouldn’t have felt comfortable using my doll or even dressing it until after 24 hours. No big deal.

Impressions-
Product works pretty much as advertised. It seems to be a very good semi-permanent color solution to the color-fading problem all TPE dolls seem to encounter. It’s certainly better than using standard make up to re-color. Would it hold up in the orifice areas? I can’t say as I have yet to use the product in those areas.
I’ll have to update this thread in a few weeks to ascertain longevity.
If I had it too do again (and likely I will re-do this color application soon) I would apply only one coat as two coats in this area make for a hue…too vibrant (even when powdered). I think a single application would achieve more, “translucency” and realism.

Images-
First image, what I did with standard waterproof lip color and powder.
Second image, freshly applied two coat Miss Atleur color.
Third image, freshly applied two coats Miss Atleur color powdered.

Suggestions-While the product is an excellent solution to the TPE color fading problem, it could profit from having an additive put in the would slow the curing process so’s to allow the user enough time to apply more evenly before the product tacks up. True this may make for a longer cure time (48 hours perhaps), but the benefit of controlling the application would outweigh the application cure time extension.

Note for manufacturer-feel free to use my images and description if you like.
P1010009.JPG
P1010009.JPG (1.74 MiB) Viewed 1866 times
P1010029.JPG
P1010029.JPG (1.82 MiB) Viewed 1866 times
P1010030.JPG
P1010030.JPG (1.74 MiB) Viewed 1866 times

CrazyCajun
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Re: Miss Atleur semi-permanent TPE paint review

Post by CrazyCajun »

From all of us at missatleur.com

Thank You for taking the time to review our product. We sincerely hope that it works well for you! :glou:
CrazyCajun and the Girls

Making the world a doll friendlier place!
April's Gallery's: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14640

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Miss Atleur semi-permanent TPE paint review

Post by Dollyman25442 »

Thought I would amend this thread after having retried the product.
So a single coat seems to work best. It does darken quite a bit upon curing so you can adjust your mixing knowing that. The single coat is far far less prone to pre-mature peeling.
I'm gonna give this product five stars as it's simply the best way to color area's the manufacturers are lagging in and it's quite cost effective compared to other means we've all been using, specifically make-up, lip gloss, and sharpie's. Easy to remove should one wish as well.
Crazy Cajun and Miss Atleur have essentially solved this long standing problem.

Here are the lips after having been powdered. You can make them glossy with a q-tip dipped in Vaseline quite easily. Notice the interior of the mouth having been treated as well. Convincing and realistic I think.
P1010132.JPG
P1010132.JPG (1.57 MiB) Viewed 1690 times
And here are Jolene's new nipples. One application and powder.
P1010120.JPG
P1010120.JPG (1.75 MiB) Viewed 1690 times

INFORMATIONS