sexyrealsexdolls.com

Tips needed

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to not specifically listed TPE or TPR Dolls
Spaceman72
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Tips needed

Post by Spaceman72 »

My 1st doll will be here in a week & with all of my research I haven't found a post or YouTube video etc. that has all the best tips & tricks for maintenance etc. Do you know of any? Feel free to P.M. me if needed.

Dees luver
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Tips needed

Post by Dees luver »

Pretty much everything you need to know is here
viewtopic.php?f=267&t=88389

Congratulations on your new love!
Master of Puppets...

maddmatter70
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by maddmatter70 »

Acne cream works to remove staining that WILL occur

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Don't get too caught up on a set maintenance routine. Requirements vary doll to doll, owner to owner, depending on type of doll, date of manufacture, use, etc. Just like with the real thing, there's no one right way to treat them. Take what you read on TDF as a general guide, but pay more attention to your doll's particular needs. Some need more maintenance some need less. Look her over, feel her skin, she'll tell you what she needs and when. :wink:

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Mr franz knows his stuff.
That I know.
In regards to acne cream, test on her first. One person had great luck on his WM doll and a HUGE DISASTER on his SM doll
Mr franz knows his stuff
Each doll is different...SY is coming up with a new TPE blend that they say requires no oiling, same with 6yE.
But time will tell
Not a bad idea to have baby oil and vaseline around just in case you notice damage even if you decide not to follow the process we tell you about.
Congrats on your new lady in your life
Best,
The BCD Girls
MEGAN
XIMENA
TAKARA
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

CottonCandy1182
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by CottonCandy1182 »

Mr. Franz says "Look her over, feel her skin, she'll tell you what she needs and when." Well, mine isn't saying a thing. What are the signs of needing to oil her? Why do some areas get much stickier than others, such as when she's due for powder? Those areas then cling to Great amounts of corn starch, becoming white.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

CottonCandy1182 wrote:Mr. Franz says "Look her over, feel her skin, she'll tell you what she needs and when." Well, mine isn't saying a thing. What are the signs of needing to oil her? Why do some areas get much stickier than others, such as when she's due for powder? Those areas then cling to Great amounts of corn starch, becoming white.
If she looks dirty, time to wash. Skin not as soft as it once was or rough, time for oil. Skin feel sticky or drag when you run your hands over it, time for powder/cornstarch.

Tips: Really doesn't take more than a wet sponge or wash cloth to effectively clean. No real need to soak her in the shower.

She needs to be completely dry before powdering and a light dusting is all it takes. Excessive powdering and powdering a damp doll will leave clumps.

Washing is always the 1st step. Once clean and completely dry, dust lightly with powder. A large make-up brush helps to spread the powder more evenly. [If] you intend to do a baby oil rub, (I do mine every 3 to 4 months, but newer dolls may not need oiling even that often); do that before powdering and proceed with powder/cornstarch only after the oil has been absorbed, which can take several hours depending on the doll. No need to slather her with oil, you just need enough to coat the skin.

Robbie222
Former Member

Post by Robbie222 »

Hi mr Franz,

Someone like you was exactly who I was looking for: someone who knows a lot about taking care of a doll and get that extra milage out of a doll.

I m pretty new here and my first doll is almost on its way to me. Pretty excited of course. I bought a JYDoll (normal TPE) and I want to extend her life as long as possible. I m from the Netherlands so I ll try my best with my English but don t shoot me for my gramatical faults ;)

I have read a post with some basics about the washing/maintainance of a new doll. Maybe you can jump in on some questions. I already asked them in another topic but did not get a satisfied answer yet.

First of all about the drying procedure. As I read it correct, the best to use is a microfibre handtowel. Do you agree on this?

Is this the best cornst. powder to use: https://www.johnsonsbaby.com/baby-produ ... 1370052562

There are tons of different sponges that you get can for the cleaning procedure. Can you point me in the right direction which sponge works best?

Any regular baby oil for the oiling procedure will work fine?

Nivea Creme and Vaseline: Am I correct that these are optional to use besides the oiling?

In the washing procedure "normal handsoap" is mentioned. Can this be any regular soap from any brand as long as there is not alcohol and/or perfume in it?

The washing procedure itself: (also with hidden questions :))
Make a 1:5 soap water (cold or warm?) mixture in a spray bottle. Put the doll on a bed and spray her front with the soap/water mix (also the head?). Rub it with the sponge (rub it really carefull or a little pressure is ok?). REPEAT THIS PROCEDURE FOR 5/6 TIMES for a new doll. After washing 5/6x dry with the microfibre towel (depping?). When completely dry oil the doll. After letting the oil soak in for one night powder the doll (how "thick" do I powder the doll?).
After this powdering the doll is "finished" and "ready to use"?

Please shoot when the washing procedure is not in the correct order! I have a feeling I m not quite understand it fully!
Go ahead, make my day!

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Hi, Robbie.

Thanks, I'll do my best. Keep in mind though, the best any of us can do is share what has worked for us. Everyone's situation is slightly different though and we don't all use our dolls in the same way. Thus, what works for one, may not be what's best for another. So with that in mind.....

1) Microfiber towels are great, but proper drying is more about technique than the type of towel used. Myself, I just use a regular terry towel, but rather than rub or drag it across my doll's skin, I blot her dry. That is, press the towel to her skin, let the towel absorb the moisture, lift and repeat until she's dry. Afterward I let her stand in the open for a while to allow any remaining moisture to evaporate.

2) The cornstarch powder shown in your link should be fine. I use regular over the counter cornstarch most of the time. The kind found in the bakery aisle at the grocery. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Argo-100-Pur ... gIHP_D_BwE

3) Any reasonably soft sponge should do. Again, it's more about technique than type. Myself, I used an ordinary terry washcloth. Trick is not to bear down with it or drag it across your doll's skin. Just gently wipe in one direction, rather than vigorously rubbing back and forth.

4) Regular baby oil is fine, preferably without too many additives. Just make sure it's mineral oil based.

5) I'm not crazy about Nivea cremes on TPE as they're water based. I use regular Vaseline myself to lightly treat stress areas every now and then. Not something you have to do all that often, just a once in a while thing.

6) I use "Blue" Dawn dish liquid to clean my doll, which is sold under the brand name "Fairy" in some countries. I use about a teaspoon in a liter or 2 of warm water.

I have the standing foot option, so I clean my doll with her in a standing position. What I do is, stand her on a large plastic bin liner. Then I soak my washcloth in my cleaning solution, wring out and working from the top down, gently wipe her off, rinsing and wringing my washcloth as I go. When I'm satisfied she's clean. I rinse out my washcloth in plain warm water and wipe her down as described again.

Then I pat her dry as described, stand her on a clean towel to draw off and moisture that may have gotten into her protruding bolt holes (standing feet) and let her air dry for an hour of so.

Next, if it's time for a light oil rub I do that, (I do mine every 3 to 4 months, older dolls may need oiling more often while newer TPE formulas require even less). Once the oil absorbs completely, (can take several hours depending on the doll) I dust her lightly with cornstarch. I usually put the cornstarch in an old sock and blot her with it lightly then smooth out with a large make-up brush. If I'm not going to oil, I do the powdering right after she's completely dry from being cleaned. Powdering is always the last step.

As for the initial cleaning, that may take more than one go. My gal needed about 5 sponge downs before all the factory muck was gone. Some have reported needing less, others said their dolls needed far more.

Hope that helps a little. Just remember everyone's situation is a little different. As I've said, there's no one size fits all. Use the above as a general guide, but don't be afraid to make adjustments to suit your particular needs.

Good luck and enjoy your new lady! :glou:

Robbie222
Former Member

Post by Robbie222 »

Hi Franz,

My head just arrived. The body will be here tomorrow :( (it are 2 separate packages).

How do a properly attach the wig to the head?

Also the head is pretty rigid/stiff so hairs also are "sticking" to her forehead and cheecks.

Is it best to first treat her head with cornpowder and oil?
Go ahead, make my day!

dbenzguy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by dbenzguy »

Robbie222 wrote:Hi Franz,

My head just arrived. The body will be here tomorrow :( (it are 2 separate packages).

How do a properly attach the wig to the head?

Also the head is pretty rigid/stiff so hairs also are "sticking" to her forehead and cheecks.

Is it best to first treat her head with cornpowder and oil?
The wigs are held on by the elastic straps. This video might be helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4p1yDuzITs

I do find that a wig net really helps to keep things from sliding around so much. The nude ones are preferred since they won't stain the doll and actually help prevent darker wigs from staining them as well: https://www.amazon.com/Blisstime-Liner- ... ty&sr=1-13

I have also found that a conditioner for synthetic wigs is great to keep their hair looking nice and will help prevent the hair from sticking to stuff. This is the one I use and find it smells really nice as well: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GD ... UTF8&psc=1

You will want to powder her head but make sure you use a nice makeup brush... the brush helps avoid scratching their beautiful faces.

Have fun!

scooter_ca
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by scooter_ca »

The advice I have is - "Water is not your friend".
Flushing a doll out with tons of water can cause more damage than the "material" you are attempting to remove.

I use six small squares of chamois cloth about 3 inches square.
Each square has a string looped through one corner making about a 6 inch tail.
2 are damp and soapy, 2 are damp, and 2 are dry.
The damp soapy cloths are inserted and swished around several times. If it goes in beyond your reach, the string is there for easy removal.
The damp cloths are inserted and removed several time.
The dry cloths are inserted and removed several time.
Then the aquarium pump gets hooked up and stays like that for as long as I can. I may leave it running for days.

Thanks,
scooter
With beautiful Daria and Giorgi.
Everything about Daria can be found in her NEW Photo Timeline: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 1&t=117493
Everything about Giorgi can be found in her Photo Timeline: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 64&t=96105
Doll Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14626

INFORMATIONS