betterlovedoll.com

Affiliate programs of vendors/manufacturers

Official announcements regarding "The Doll Forum" and "CoverDoll" from site management.
Also post your own announcements.
TDF_Management
Staff
Staff

Affiliate programs of vendors/manufacturers

Post by TDF_Management »

It’s come to our attention, that a few sellers on TDF have started affiliate programs, in which customers who draw traffic to the site of the seller, get rewarded.

Please understand, that TDF does not allow members to make posts with the sole purpose of drawing traffic to another site. Also, please note, members are not allowed to use The Doll Forum for commercial purposes. We have a zero-tolerance regarding spam. See Rule 7 of the Rules of Conduct.

Therefore, we cannot allow members that join such an affiliate program, to post URL links, which include an affiliate tag. This is considered spam.

We like our members to post sincere reviews, we do allow enthusiastic posts (and substantiated criticism) regarding a manufacturer or vendor. However, we will not allow posts that have the sole purpose of profiting. Only manufacturers and vendors and their representatives that were granted an affiliate rank at TDF, can post commercial messages.

Thank you for understanding.

AlexaTilbrook
Ex-Member

Re: Affiliate programs of vendors/manufacturers

Post by AlexaTilbrook »

This is wrong. You want people to use your vendors. However, you don't want customers to recommend vendors to members. Is this what I am getting?

And why? This forum has gone down the drain lately. Too many rules enforced arbitrarily, and discretionary, posts deleted and members not informed of the infraction.

It's time for TDF staff to retire and get some new faces.

Until then, this is KI5AUE signing off until this ridiculous rule is reconsidered.
MDBG

73 de KI5JYD

Sevenup
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Sevenup »

So when someone posts looking for help, and someone wants to tell them how great their experience was with "vendor x" they can say who but not post a link? Seems a bit off to me.

Forb
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Forb »

If I understand this correctly you can still recommend a vendor and even post a link to their website.
You CANNOT post URL links, which include an affiliate tag.
Those are links that look like http://sexdollvendor.com/s809fjnk3
The 's809fjnk3' in that url is a tag that tells the website that YOU referred the user to the website, usually for the purpose of $$$ rewarding the poster.

I personally haven't seen this activity, and I'm not against banning the practice.
-Melissa: 2017 Sanhui 156/Amelia
-Abby: 2018 Sanhui 158/Marya

Unknown03
Former Member

Post by Unknown03 »

I agree with Forb. The op specifically says we ARE ALLOWED to give enthusiastic if honest reviews of vendors and manufacturers. I have and will continue to do so for my beloved jm doll. We just are not allowed to post affiliate tagged url which would make it a paid endorsement. I don't see a problem. Indeed I thank the administration for making sure the forum remains a site of honest reviews, not paid endorsements.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Everybody is allowed to endorse a manufacturer or vendor, to write a review, both positive or with some (supported) criticism. Also links to manufacturers and vendors are allowed as long as this is not spam (see Rule 7).

We want reviews and endorsements to be honest. So we don't allow them if their single purpose is to get a reward from the seller.
This is recognized by links that include an affiliate tag, a little tag in the URL so the website knows which affiliate posted the link. For instance something like:

Code: Select all

https://dollvendor.com/index.--affiliate tag--
Like autolycus said, we want honest reviews, not paid endorsements.

Gina Lee 129
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Gina Lee 129 »

I aggree with the management. If we allowed everyone to post to get reward, this website will be full of affiliate tag and new member will have bad expression with this forum.

INFORMATIONS