realsexdoll.com

Introducing Me (Sol)

A place for new members to post their introduction.

Moderator: Kite

SolitudeSlain
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Introducing Me (Sol)

Post by SolitudeSlain »

Thanks for being here. If this community is anywhere near as fun, friendly and helpful as other forums I've taken part in, I'm sure to feel right at home in no time and soon find myself counting the days before my first delivery arrives!

I owned an inflatable doll 15 or so years ago and it was intriguing and enjoyable in ways but, of course, had many limitations and was damaged and discarded before long. I've never owned a silicone or TPE doll and only really knew of RD as the industry standard for maybe a decade or sos now. Knowing most of their products rang in around $5K, I knew I wouldn't invest until prices dropped and quality / technology improved.

A few weeks ago, I saw a short film about a highly advanced love doll and it was entertaining on many levels. Then link chasing led me to a youtube short that highlighted a number of advanced dolls with a degree of AI and another that actually walked around although very robot-like and with very little human-like appearance and, I believe, absolutely no anatomically correct sexual elements. This prompted me to do a bit of research to check out various materials, manufacturers and designs and to see how far the advances have come in the past decade and I was pleasantly surprised and am now deeply intrigued.

I suspect that I may end up purchasing a very high end doll in 5 years or so once further developments are made but would like to start out with a less expensive model to determine how well such a purchase will ultimately fit my lifestyle, needs and personality. Not convinced at this point that this is something for me but certain that it's worth a try and could very well turn out to be exactly what I need.

Long story a bit shorter, I've found a small handful of dolls in the $1K range that I think would be ideal as a first purchase and am willing to go a bit higher but really wanna go to the max on my research and due diligence.

I have, of course, hundreds of questions but will poke around and read up as much as I can find time to before bombarding you all with them. I am VERY anxious to place my first order of course because part of me wants her here yesterday haha but hopefully I can restrain myself long enough to help myself make the best choice for my budget and personal tastes.

Just need to add, HUGE thanks in advance for any and all help offered. I'm certain that many of you have invested heavily in time, energy, finances and more to get to where you are today and to build this community. I'm sure to reap the rewards of all those who've gone before me and sincerely appreciate all that represents.

Thanks again and have a great week

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Re: Introducing Sol

Post by Slew »

Hi SolitudeSlain. > Welcome <

Ask any questions, you'll receive plenty of suggestions here. Enjoy the research. :)

SolitudeSlain
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by SolitudeSlain »

Thanks Slew

I think the thing I need most right now is something in the way of a guide to the various vendors here and their acronyms.

I keep seeing all these doll descriptors that include WM and SY etc with heights in cm beside them but is there a sticky thread or something kicking around that has a guide to what they all stand for and possibly links to their product sites?

And why is it there seem to be both manufacturer/vendor sites and also sites like dolldesires.com that link to multiple different ones? It makes it a bit hard to keep track.

And lastly, for now, why would a vendor show a doll like this (very much the 'look' I'm sort of aiming for) without showing her topless / bottomless etc? I'm a breast and, even more so, a nipple man and would never buy a doll without seeing her nipples. https://www.sexxdolls.com/collections/j ... jy165cm-12

I checked out a full page of SY dolls and all of the nipples were, to my eye, very poor replicas that would discourage me from investing there.

Thanks!

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Hey Sol, here's the section called Love Dolls & Active Doll Manufacturers: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=68 That at least provides you a list of the names of the companies and links to each of their websites. At the top is MFRs, and down the page a bit, you'll find the vendors. As far as understanding the acronyms, that comes with time unfortunately. Some of them are not approved here, and so you hear members talking about them, but they aren't listed on that page I linked above. JY is an example of that. It's as complicated as you let it be though. You can narrow your search to one vendor of choice and let them walk you through your options depending on your needs.
SolitudeSlain wrote: And lastly, for now, why would a vendor show a doll like this (very much the 'look' I'm sort of aiming for) without showing her topless / bottomless etc? I'm a breast and, even more so, a nipple man and would never buy a doll without seeing her nipples. https://www.sexxdolls.com/collections/j ... jy165cm-12
Sadly, some of these companies fail to understand honest advertising techniques..... :roll: Simple as that. Your research should harvest some workarounds and often you can get the photos required for your decision, but you might have to ask the company to provide them.

Wmdollfan

Re: Introducing Me (Sol)

Post by Wmdollfan »

Even though they are dolls I bet some business owners are reluctant to put “full nude” pictures on their web sites, but if you inquire with them directly any reputable seller will provide you with pictures from any angle you desire I’m sure.

SolitudeSlain
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by SolitudeSlain »

Awesome info guys. Thanks for the responses.

As for my other 97 or so questions, should I just keep posting them here or would I and the community be better served if I started a new thread or threads elsewhere now that I’ve passed my 5 approved posts threshold?

thraxiusrex
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by thraxiusrex »

I would start by reading through a lot of existing threads where others have asked the same question. There is a lot of material out there and even conflicting information. This is the downside of the doll community being more integrated between owners and manufacturers than any industry I can think of, but that also is one of its strengths. We are all on the cutting edge of something that's quite new. Many forum members own dolls as well as create/repair them. Heed anything samara tells you.
It sounds like you are in the market for a smallish tpe gal. TPE is pretty care intensive but there is plenty of help on here. I went with a 140 cm which is 4'7' and 60ish lbs. It was the most balanced model between what I was looking for in realism and price/logistics. Ask yourself what you have room for, what you can lift, what clothes you are comfortable buying if you do that. Get a tape measure and see what the different measurements look like in the context of your own height, where you store the doll, etc. Do you care what other people think and if so how will you maintain privacy. Many people hastily order a doll and then freak out about where to put him/her or what lies to tell the roommate or wife or FedEx guy or the couple two doors down.

Stick with forum approved vendors especially ones that post in here. You may pay more for name brand stuff but the customer service and company visibility/transparency helps a lot with buying confidence. Be patient. From the time I started research to the day Alice arrived was 4 months. But finding a doll that you are happy with is WELL worth the effort.
On a humorous but true note, browse the picture threads on here. When you see one that makes you start feeling a bit stiff in the pants, you probably want to start going in that erection. Err direction.
thraxiusrex is the account of Alice Laura and her boyfriend

Doll Album gallery: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14913

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Hi!

And WELCOME!

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

SolitudeSlain
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by SolitudeSlain »

Thanks Thrax. Great advice!

And thank you for the greeting Harem.

Last question here...

I’m fairly confident about the texture feel of the surface of the dolls but am wondering how you all would rate the ‘feel’ of the bodies in terms of density and naturalness. In particular the breasts and butts. When you’re holding your doll, especially those that warm up or can absorb heat from a blanket (tpe), could ya say she really feels human or are they really just a poor substitute when all is said and done?

Agent D

Post by Agent D »

Greetings-

How the skin ‘feels’ is very subjective. But here’s a quick rundown on the three primary materials and my experience.

USTPE (ultra soft tpe) the actual elasticity seemed pretty realistic on the thicker, more squishy parts, breasts and butt. But on the other parts, the skin feels very ‘loose’ like a woman who has lost a lot of weight. And I didn’t care for that part at all. But laying her on her back and having the breasts ‘flatten out’ like an RG (real girl) was amazingly realistic. And her butt, oh ya, it was epic...

Standard tpe is probably the closest to realistic, all around. However on thinner dolls, it still feels too soft and squshy (loose) for me. On a thicker gal its probably about right though.

Then silicone, but not every mfg uses the the same mix so they can vary quite a bit. But overall, it’s probably the most realistic on a thinner gal. Do the pinch test on your forearm. I have a fit build and I’m moderately athletic. Pinching my forearm the skin only has about 3/8” of squish tops. Thats about the same as my PIB silicone gal was (more firm blend), but less than my other silicone gals who were a softer blend - JM Doll. So again, on a thinner gal, i thought a firm silicone was pretty close to realistic. But, if you’ve slept with thin gals you know, they aren’t very soft, in fact, they can be downright boney and uncomfortable to lay on, especially if you don’t have much padding yourself. :-). So for me, the softer blend of silicone was the sweet spot for comfort and realism.

And BTW - welcome!

SolitudeSlain
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by SolitudeSlain »

Thanks D!

Singlensexless
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Singlensexless »

Welcome. Buy from an approved vendor and don't make the same mistakes I did. Bought a genuine 6ye doll from non approved vendor and what should have been a great experience turned into a nightmare

SolitudeSlain
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by SolitudeSlain »

Singlensexless wrote:Welcome. Buy from an approved vendor and don't make the same mistakes I did. Bought a genuine 6ye doll from non approved vendor and what should have been a great experience turned into a nightmare
So sorry to hear that sir.

If your experience hasn't soured you on dolls altogether, I hope your next one is everything it should be

SolitudeSlain
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by SolitudeSlain »

Of all the sites I've visited, this one has my fave dolls and the best customer service response thus far but not sure I see them on approved vendors lists

Can anyone vouch for these honeys?

https://www.mysiliconelovedoll.com/mini-real-doll

Is there a better subforum for me to create a thread asking same?

Thanks

INFORMATIONS