realsexdoll.com

New member, newbie to the 1/1 scale doll world.

A place for new members to post their introduction.

Moderator: Kite

joebee

New member, newbie to the 1/1 scale doll world.

Post by joebee »

Hi,

I am Joe, I am an amateur photographer and doll enthusiast. I have been only involved in 12" sized silicone dolls so far. I have a dozen or so Phicen and TBLeague dolls, and I am member of another forum dedicated to 1/6 scale sized dolls.
I recently considered selling off of a few of my small figures to purchase a larger 1/3 or so size girl for photography and the search led me to here. I found some on alibaba, and then searching to see if it was safe to buy on alibaba led me to discussions
on this forum. I really like the small WM Dolls 108cm figure ( I'm also fond of the shape of the WM 170cm H cup), but I am still waiting to find a hands on review before making a commitment. I plan to buy from one of the forum sponsors / approved vendors when the time comes. This looks like a great community, and I
hope I can make a small contribution with some of experience if it will carry over to the larger scales.

Thanks for accepting me as a member. Look forward to visiting and learning more.

ImageBali Beach by Jo Bee, on Flickr

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: New member, newbie to the 1/1 scale doll world.

Post by Willendorph »

Great photo. Welcome to the forum.

There is a photo challenge every month for small scale dolls which you might enjoy entering with your Phicens.

I'm sure someone on here will be able to fill you in more on the WM doll that you're interested in.

Mondoon
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mondoon »

Hi Joe and welcome to TDF.

As a new member it's worth taking a look at our new members welcome Page http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 31&t=69369

Take your time and get used to the forum, this is a mine of information and it will enable you to make an educated decision when you come to buy.

I have one full size and two 1/3 BJD's which I use for photography. They are all fun to photograph but very different in terms of mobility. Pay careful attention to how much any potential doll is likely to weigh and there are a few threads here discussing that subject.
The 170 which you are considering would be superb for photography but consider carefully the size with the smaller dolls. Try measuring 104cm up your own body.

Have fun here and enjoy the search for your new companion.
"Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey" - John Lennon

Super Softy Monkey Team Doll Force Go !!

Hanna's Thread
Hanna's Album
Hanna's CoverDoll Shoot

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Hi joebee, nice to have you. I like WM's too. Have a 125cm I'm right fond of. Aside from the damned finger wires, they make a nice product.

Urdor Izajar
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Urdor Izajar »

Welcome aboard Joe!

Thanks for liking the photos. Having an on demand model was the reason I got my girl and I'd like to think she has improved my photography tremendously. That being said I too would advise taking your time figuring out what's right for you. Weight isn't the only problem so read about those and really give some thought about how you'd handle them. It took me 3 months before I was ready. It's been a fun 2.5 years since.
#62 and #74 and #108 heads on a 140D, 155A, or 166C
Beth, Eliza, Nikki

Bob Ross speaks to me when I'm doing makeup. He says "Don't mess up or your going to have to put a happy tree there."

grimreefer24601

Post by grimreefer24601 »

Welcome joebee.

I don't sell dolls, but I work with Jinsan on supplying me with other products.

WM is a great doll. I just bought another one. And you can't do wrong by using an approved TDF vendor.

Grim

joebee

Post by joebee »

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I will do some more research before I buy, there is a ton of information to dig through here. I bought too many lessons the hard way with the 1/6 dolls ( skin tears, plastic skeletons vs stainless, and body staining to mention a few) . Weight and size look to be the biggest issues, going from 1lb figures that fit in a shoebox to human size and weight is going to be fun.

-Joe
Official PipeDream®️ Ultimate Fantasy Doll™️ Ambassador

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Hi!

And WELCOME!

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

INFORMATIONS