realsexdoll.com

New to the Forums

A place for new members to post their introduction.

Moderator: Kite

SculptorGuy
Apprentice
Apprentice

New to the Forums

Post by SculptorGuy »

Hello, I'm new to these forums so wanted to introduce myself. I'm a sculptor and recently got a commission by a user here that goes by the name MrsMannequinMan. We chatted a while on Facebook and told me about his own project making a full sized doll. He told me to check out this place and so here I am.

My main interests are sculpting, but I like technology too - so this place seems to have a lot of things I like. I don't own a doll, but building one would be a fun challenge. I have worked in mainly hard resin casting with silicone and epoxy molds. I would really like to cast sculpts in a more realistic way, especially since to me, mannequins look too rigid. Even when painted nicely. Though silicone is not perfect either, it's much nicer in some respects.

This is a gallery of my past and recent creations: http://animateclay.wixsite.com/sculptin ... ce-gallery

Anyway, just wanted to say I appreciate the art that goes into all the creations people are posting. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can learn more about how dolls are made?
“Creativity is a drug I cannot live without” – Cecil B. DeMille
My 3D Gallery http://animateclay.wixsite.com/sculptin ... ce-gallery

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: New to the Forums

Post by Maviarab »

Welcome SG!

Some nice work there indeed....very nice. And one does not need to own a doll to be welcome here.

If you browse some of the manufacturer threads you should be able to find some little snippets and pics here and there.

SculptorGuy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by SculptorGuy »

Thanks Maviarab, this forum is really vast. I had no idea this sort of thing was so big, so I'll definitely be studying up on it.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Nice, SculptorGuy! Welcome aboard.
:glou:

matt gloss
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by matt gloss »

Hi and welcome :thumbs_up:
Matt

SGTJDUSAR

Post by SGTJDUSAR »

Nice Work. Would have been great if my College Art Appreciation Class would have included Sex Doll Art. Of course that was almost 30 Years ago.

As for your question: "Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can learn more about how dolls are made?" I would suggest contacting some of the Vendors. I know at least one that welcomes Studio Visits.
Hello!

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Hi SculptorGuy, welcome to TDF :D

And best regards to MrsMannequinMan 8)

:glou:

P.S. topic moved to Member introductions.

sennex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sennex »

Wow! Nice work, you should design heads. A lot more realistic than I have seen on some dolls! Keep up the good work.

SculptorGuy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by SculptorGuy »

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. MrsMannequinMan has thrown the idea out that maybe I can help design heads for his creations, so that is something we may work out. He has the doll making know-how and I can sculpt, so a team effort sounds like a great idea. Plus he would know what people like most as I'm still new to everything.

The art that goes into these dolls is really amazing to me. When I was a kid I always thought animatronics were like magic. To see something you make come to life. Sort of like Ex Machina which is one of my favorite films. It seems that is where technology is headed so it's definitely exciting times!

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Welcome! :glou:

Fine work you have done.
The world of dolls is still fairly new and has miles to go and grow.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

SculptorGuy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by SculptorGuy »

Just wanted to add that I appreciate the couple of PM's I just got. I'm not being distant with anyone, I just can't reply until I have a few more regular posts here in the forums. I thought I couldn't find the reply button, but found out that hose are the rules. Once I make some more posts I'll make sure to reply.

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

SculptorGuy wrote:Just wanted to add that I appreciate the couple of PM's I just got. I'm not being distant with anyone, I just can't reply until I have a few more regular posts here in the forums. I thought I couldn't find the reply button, but found out that hose are the rules. Once I make some more posts I'll make sure to reply.
You now have 5 posts...pm away SG :)

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Hi!

And WELCOME!

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

MrsMannequinMan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by MrsMannequinMan »

Sculptorguy, thank you for the bump and kind words. Yes, I think you will do phenomenal here at TDF. We are all like a big family with many, many resources of guidance, help, tips and an endless amount of talent and skill. one who comes to mind similar is user ( MannequinFan ),as he also is skilled in 3D art printing, etc. I am so excited to getting back in the swing of things after the passing of my long term business partner MannequinMan, as many recall his work, myself picking up the torch as it were and moving forward. Many wonderful friends we have made ! Looking forward to working together, and welcome to TDF. Sincerely, D/ MrsMannequinMan :glou:

ruggerisimo6
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ruggerisimo6 »

Welcome Sculptor!
I am also new to this doll world, impressed with the activity on this forum.
Very nice stuff on your site.
All the best!

INFORMATIONS