realsexdoll.com

Legit site or not? OVDOLL

A place for new members to post their introduction.

Moderator: Kite

Omzig123
Active Poster
Active Poster

Legit site or not? OVDOLL

Post by Omzig123 »

Moved post to Member Introductions section.

I just started searching for a doll in the last few days and found one I really like. But... I cannot find anything on the website here so I am skeptical

Here she is...
http://www.ovdoll.com/doll/silicone-sex ... ili-145cm/#

I searched all over the doll forum for OVDoll and found nothing. I am new here though...

Thanks for any advice or information
Last edited by deadpringle on Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved post to proper forum section.

deadpringle
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Legit site or not? OVDOLL

Post by deadpringle »

Hi Omzig123,

Welcome to TDF! I hope you enjoy yourself here. :)

You're wise to be skeptical. Scams with regards to dolls are usually found on sites like DHGate, Alibaba, eBay, etc. That site appears to be legitimate. It seems most likely that they are a reseller for a doll manufacturer. Many of the dolls appear to be WM Dolls, which are quite popular with many of our members.

However, I urge you to buy only from vendors who have been vetted by TDF. You can get a list of our approved vendors here:
--
http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=210

Take your time, and don't rush into a purchase. It pays to spend a month or two researching. When you find the doll of your dreams, she will speak to you, and that should be your first doll. The relationship you'll have with her will be like no other. :)

Good luck, and be sure to post to TDF anytime you have questions about dolls, or need guidance!

BTW, DollSweet, my favorite dolls (yes, I'm a DS fanboy :)), is having a sale on their DS145 (standard breast size), DS145 plus (large breast size) and DS145 minus (small breast size). You may wish to have a look here: http://dsdoll.us/.

But like I said, research pays off, so look at everything you can. :)
Annie: Shirley! We were just...
Abed: About to...
Troy: Eat garbage dip!... WHY DID I HAVE TO GO THIRD?!
-- from Community - Season 4 Episode 5

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

Yes, Check out the DS145, its way better quality then any TPE doll and is now priced at pretty much the exact same price. DS145 is a silicone doll btw.
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

deadpringle
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by deadpringle »

DarkOne wrote:Yes, Check out the DS145, its way better quality then any TPE doll and is now priced at pretty much the exact same price. DS145 is a silicone doll btw.
Good point DO. Yes, generally speaking, TPE is a pretty rugged material, but from what I've seen on the forum, it can be prone to tearing if you're not experienced with dolls and are not knowledgeable about how to handle them. Just like with everything else, there are rules and things you should and shouldn't do. Like my fellow moderator Jiayi says - "Dolls cannot say OUCH!" :)

DollSweet's dolls, and other dolls which use platinum-cured silicone like Abyss/BT and JM Dolls, for example, are reported to be a lot more tolerant to compression tears and such. In the end, the key to keeping your doll in good shape is understanding what the material can and can't do.

Omzig123
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Omzig123 »

Thanks for the replies. I did look at the DS site and found someone I like there as well. Kind of partial to the April head. I do plan to do tons of research which is why I joined dollforum.
Good info about the silicon vs tpe. I was not aware silicon would be more durable
I would welcome any other opinions or suggestions.
Would the 145 size be a good starter size?
Anyone have the 145 or 145 minus with april head.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Hi there. Silicone in my opinion is more sterile than tpe. And easier to repair.
When you think of getting a doll, consider how much weight you can lift comfortably. Often times i see people complain about the weight. Some of these girls are heavy. My biggest silicone doll is the 110 cm jm doll. She weighs 33lbs with her head on. And simulates most human movement. And her face is to die for. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Look at weight
Material
Price point.
And do plenty of research.
Welcome to thedollforum.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Forgot to add, I had a weight restriction of 15 lbs before that went up to 33lbs .
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Lemminkainen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Lemminkainen »

Welcome to TDF Omzig123.
dscn1775.jpg
dscn1775.jpg (354.01 KiB) Viewed 15995 times
Looks like your in good hands.

Barbarous
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Barbarous »

Hello omzig, welcome to TDF. I ran across OV dolls the other day while looking at another vendor and there seems to be a legitimate connection, but I can't remember which one. In any case when in doubt don't go there, Good luck.

xsdolls
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by xsdolls »

OVDOLL is reselling Rongdoll (WM Fakes) and has listed a lot of 140cm TPE dolls as "Silicone Dolls" - that alone should be reason enough to be very cautious ordering from this website. Do yourself a favour and stick either with official manufacturer websites or authorized sellers on TDF. Otherwise you might pay 1500USD for a blowup doll.

George

Edit: Just to add some proof to my accusations, here:
http://www.ovdoll.com/doll/silicone-lov ... asa-138cm/
Look at the description about a 138cm Silicon Doll, yet the picture shows a 140cm WM TPE Doll (Pictures by Mandos).
XS Dolls™ - Setting the Standard
www.xsdolls.com - 1.800.605.5656 - support@xsdolls.com

Latest Dollcast Video:
XS:DC - S01E04 - Sanhui 156/E Review

deadpringle
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by deadpringle »

xsdolls wrote:Look at the description about a 138cm Silicon Doll, yet the picture shows a 140cm WM TPE Doll (Pictures by Mandos).
Yes, these are Mandos' pictures, and in light of this information, I agree completely with xsdolls. I would avoid doing business with OV Doll. Stick with a TDF-approved and vetted vendor. It seems to me that the best option would be to go with an approved vendor who is closest to your region if possible.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Hi Omzig123, welcome to TDF :D

As many said before, be careful. If a vendor states that a doll is made of silicone TPE, just have a good laugh :haha2: and go looking for a sincere vendor.
Vendors listed at TDF are trustworthy.

Happy doll hunting :mrgreen:

Omzig123
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Omzig123 »

So glad I joined DollForum and posted my question !

While I really liked the face and hair of the doll I originally posted I am not comfortable with the site and the information posted above from other DF members just further tells me to "walk away"

I've looked around some more and found april over at http://www.reallovesexdolls.com/real-lo ... oll-april/
Which I've looked in their forum here and they seems to be very involved with dollforum and quite reputable. My concerns with april are she is a 153cm doll and her weight is not listed. I would guess 50 to 60pounds. I am fairly strong and am not concerned too much about the weight as long as she can withstand her poses and support her own weight in various poses. Kimberly is also quite adorable and smaller which might be a benefit.
I still have to research some of the manufacturers others have posted.
Just want to post a thanks to all the replies and information.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Hi! And WELCOME!

All the advice above is spot on. But if you can handle 26-30kgs, my choice would be between the WM155 - I call her Nefertiti - you can't get enef of her titis and a DS160 if you want very elegant real looking figure without a lot of weight. Both are around 26kgs.

In my opinion the 140-145 region is on the short side.

Please do be wise and go through a manufacturer or vendor here - George at XS Dolls really does know his stuff whilst in Europe we're spoiled for at least four expert vendors, one in England, two in France and a couple in Germany too.

The issue of fakes is serious. From photos I've seen of one with ripped private parts as well as another kneeling where her skeleton is sinking much too far into the TPE resulting in ungainly and unreal folds behind the knees it's apparent that the TPE formulation of the "lookalikes" is much too soft and fragile. I've had a TPE doll from 2014 as well as this year, and the TPE from WM this year is much much better than before - and the fakes really will turn out to be a waste of money.

But DS are platinum silicone and an echelon beyond in sophistication.

Best wishes

Harem

PS http://www.ovdoll.com/p/silicone-sex-do ... 4in-163cm/ - those are not WM 163 dolls but 165 dolls from the company making confusing and poor quality lookalikes - and THEY ARE NOT CHEAP! Genuine WM dolls can be cheaper than that and DS special offers can come down in the direction of that price.

The standard price of http://www.ovdoll.com/doll/full-sized-r ... ena-158cm/ which has been under discussion here recently is $1600 plus shipping and I've been offered a 163 for as low as $1200 plus shipping. And however cheap these prices are, they're not worth the shipping . . .
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

Doho3

Post by Doho3 »

Thanks for this discussion guys - right at the time I'd decided to start my doll research process and before joining TDF I had stumbled upon another Amazon reseller called RS-Dolls on the UK Amazon site claiming to be from Germany.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015 ... ore&sr=1-5

It has links under "people who viewed this item also viewed....." to many more appealing ones under the same name. No reviews though under any of them. Also Silicone/TPE confusion.

This one looks a lot like deadpringle's avatar pic

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Special-Edition ... P0GGQMZJFJ

So I will steer clear of these guys I think - thought I'd better keep the awareness going though by pointing this out too.

INFORMATIONS