realsexdoll.com

Just saying hi

A place for new members to post their introduction.

Moderator: Kite

Hoshiko

Just saying hi

Post by Hoshiko »

Hi there, mostly just lurked until now :)

After collecting dolls (BJD, Dollfie Dream etc.) for years, I only recently discovered that "Real Dolls" also come in cheaper and, much more importantly, smaller variants (imagine my delight, no visible seams, soft and cuddly!). Unfortunately, I made the same newbie mistakes (*cough* AliExpress *couch*) as many before me before doing my reading.

"Unfortunately", I discovered the smaller TPE and/or Silicone dolls and now I want to collect again:twisted: My poor impulse control regarding doll purchases might get me into financial trouble one of these days :oops:
I already ordered a DH168 Shiori and only then discovered the lovely JM dolls elves and/or 75 cm dolls. Guess I'll have to save... to get them all :mrgreen:

But honestly, between the elves and the 75 Angel, I just can't really decide 8O

Kite
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Re: Just saying hi

Post by Kite »

Heya. Welcome to the forum. Choosing a lady is rough. Been there a few times. I get held up on faces a lot because for me the face makes the girl.

Don't be a stranger and check out the welcome page. https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 21#p865521

OnyxTiger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by OnyxTiger »

Welcome to the forum. I'm pretty new too. I made a similar mistake. I ordered on ebay a week ago with Raycme. Then a few days later, I found this forum and realized the mistake that I made. My first doll is due Monday, but I'm already looking for my next. This time, I want to take my time and do more research...This is a great place for knowledge.

In any case, nice to meet you and welcome.

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by justintime »

Welcome Welcome, don't worry we are here to support you no matter how many dolls you buy.. :haha4:
“Put … the Doll … down … and slowly back away.”
Shelby My Piece Of Heaven
Shelby Model Information

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Dollarhyde »

Hello Hoshiko and welcome to the forum... :glou:
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

chengsta
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by chengsta »

whatever you do, DO NOT go to dolltochina's website, and check out their 80cm anime dolls. It will be very bad for your wallet.

Hoshiko

Post by Hoshiko »

Thank you guys!
@Kitejr, yes, but the faces of the JM are all so cute!

@OnyxTiger, ooh do tell, I got a completely different doll than was pictured (with flappy fingers, and with a fixed head, not turning). Luckily, I got about half reimbursed. My second was okay-ish, but slightly different face and her legs and feet were so small and thin!

@Justintime, we'll see and hope that I'll be more responsible about small silicone than about resin BJD...

@Dollarhyde thank you!

@chengsta, I had trouble navigating their site on the phone, but I really think the 80 cm anime gal is what I ordered (Dollhouse168 Shiori) :) I am so impatient! But I took care to use PayPal to be on the safe side!

SirStevenM
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by SirStevenM »

Hi Hoshiko! I'm also new on the forum. I've only been lurking for a week or two, but figured I'd sign up while I wait on my first doll to arrive.
Currently waiting on first doll

Studio
Asst. Manager - TDF
Asst. Manager - TDF

Post by Studio »

Welcome, more dolls means more fun.

INFORMATIONS