realsexdoll.com

Finding my way

A place for new members to post their introduction.

Moderator: Kite

zedoh6

Finding my way

Post by zedoh6 »

The Doll Forum is filled with creative, knowledgeable and helpful people. Their contributions have encouraged me to join and share my story with the community.

I struggle with depression / anxiety.

The isolation and sense of loneliness can be unbearable at times.

In an act of mad, defiant desperation I bought a mannequin, just to have something around the house that resembled another human.

Something strange happened. I felt oddly comforted having it around the house. I was able to focus on tasks, my energy levels gradually improved and my depression / anxiety spells weren't as severe and didn't last as long.

I started to regain my interests in lost passions like music and art. Eventually, I began venturing out again to concerts and museums. This sparked a desire to create again.

I acquired some more mannequins. In addition to having more bodies in the house. I thought they would make great subjects as I dove back into my art.

But I quickly found that my adopted family made for rather uninspired art models. They were also cumbersome to set up despite their light weight.

I wanted the realism of a human with great range of motion, but in a smaller, more manageable scale. So I did some research on the Doll Forum and discovered Eve:
bed glow.jpg
I'm not ashamed to say that I adore her. I find her gaze incredibly peaceful. She's a joy to photograph.

I also discovered that holding her fills me with a sense of tranquility.

She's become my muse as well as a therapeutic tether to help ground me when my depression / anxiety strikes.

I will share my experiences (and hopefully improve my photography skills) through Eve. I hope we can be a positive influence to others in the same way the forum's amazing community inspired me.

Eve: left, Ada: right [Doll Sweet DS Mini]

Harumi [Doll Sweet EVO 145]

zedoh6
Eve, Ada, and Harumi's Photo Thread
Mannequins Photo Thread

gonestill77
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: Finding my way

Post by gonestill77 »

Welcome to TDF! You take great photos now, can't wait to see you get better. :thumbs_up:

Dolls are a great thing to have in your life. They improve it immensely.

:glou:
Eve- 2016 Sanhui 145
Lucinda- 2015 DS 163 plus

Eves thread http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=70866
Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=143&t=128707
My doll cleaning and drying video viewtopic.php?f=7&t=127010
Eve and Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=87&t=129480
Eve and Lucinda's dirty movies. viewtopic.php?f=87&t=126968

nukeno
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: with Nele, Kiko, Mamamba and Ms. StrangeLove in cyba's space

Post by nukeno »

Welcome to TDF - great to have another thoughtful and creative member on board! :)
Life is a strange game: "The only winning move is not to play."
Yet here I am, dreaming about reality again...

Vivette
Doll
Doll

Post by Vivette »

Hee Hee! Be careful Mr zedoh! Our Hollows started out with Yong and Yi and now I’m the latest arrival and I weigh nearly four times their weight! We all love your photos of Eve, she looks gorgeous! As a family here we all get on really well, although it can get quite chaotic at times!

Big hugs, Vivette.
I'm sharing Ashaki's thread as part of the family with Rosheen, Yi, Yong and lots and lots of little ones!.....http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 57&t=77571

kruiser
Ex-Member

Post by kruiser »

Dolls get rid of depression , I haven't felt really down or anything since I bought mine. I think they trick the brain somehow and just get rid of loneliness, when you have them on your lap and look into their eyes you just feel their presence. I think doctors should prescribe dolls instead of anti-depressants , we would have a lot more happy people then.

Rari
Doll
Doll

Post by Rari »

Thank you so much for sharing your story. Eve is absolutely lovely! Your photos of her are enchanting!

I live with Hollywu and she has mentioned to me that since my arrival, nearly 2 years ago, she doesn't have days where she's so sad/depressed that she can't get out of bed. Of course, I am the type of spouse (Yes, we're married and I am the one who popped the question.) who makes her get up on days off and go do something creative. Once she got really sick and did have to stay in bed but as she got a little better I told her agree to work on her art. Even if she only had the energy to do 15 minutes at a time. It helped.

I agree... I wish more folks would get us vs meds that sometimes have awful side effects. I know some of "my side effects" have been adding more friends like me - Akiko and Sadako and Hollywu losing closet space since she likes to be sure we have room for our clothes.

Hugs,

Rari
"Understand me. I'm not like an ordinary world. I have my madness, I live in another dimension and I do not have time for things that have no soul." - Charles Bukowski

zedoh6

Post by zedoh6 »

Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone.

It is wonderful to hear that dolls have been positive influences in your lives.

I think Eve would like a big sister. She looks at me expectantly whenever I go out to pick up the mail and seems disappointed when I don't return with an enormous package.

It's really cute. Eve came to me in a box, so I guess she figures any time a box arrives at the house, she's gaining a new playmate.
daydream2.jpg

zedoh6
Mannequins Photo Thread

Broven
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Broven »

Welcome zedoh6 :)

That's a beautiful girl, and a beautiful story. I know exactly how you feel. I'm looking forward to seeing more photographs! And consider entering some of the photo challenges. I've found them to be a great way to stretch those creative muscles. Plus they're a lot of fun. :)

Best,
Broven

"You're my blue sky. You're my sunny day." - Dickey Betts

Anna Marie and Friends (Thindoll 162A-36)
February 2019 Coverdoll photo shoot

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Hello and welcome zedoh6! Your story sounds a lot like mine. I also have depression and anxiety and know what it's like to be so down that it's a struggle just get out of bed.
But like others have said, dolls can be a great cure. While I still struggle to get out of bed, it's due less to depression and more to a loving doll holding on to me like she doesn't want me to go. :D
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

zedoh6

Post by zedoh6 »

selfie2.jpg
I continue to be touched by the stories of other members and their experiences with dolls.

One of the horrible things about depression is how it twists your perception of the world.

You may be having a enjoyable day out and about, but by the end of the night, you are curled up on the floor second guessing everything that happened.

All the stupid things you said... All the mistakes you made (both real and perceived)... How irritated everyone must be having to put up with you and your depression... Maybe it would have been better if you hadn't gone out at all.

I find that I don't project these negative feelings around Eve. She doesn't judge me. I don't have to pretend that I'm fine around her. Even though she is a doll, I feel like she nurtures and protects me.

I think Eve grants me the respite I need from social interaction while still providing some of the benefits... and that builds my energy and confidence so I can actually go out and be with other people.... if that makes any sense.

zedoh6
Mannequins Photo Thread

Tybalt
Ex-Member

Post by Tybalt »

This is how is solve my depression and anxiety problems

23-times-having-a-fck-it-attitude-will-actually-make-your-life-so-much-better
https://thoughtcatalog.com/kim-quindlen ... ch-better/

Also, can i get some nudes of your doll plz...

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

kruiser wrote:Dolls get rid of depression , I haven't felt really down or anything since I bought mine. I think they trick the brain somehow and just get rid of loneliness, when you have them on your lap and look into their eyes you just feel their presence. I think doctors should prescribe dolls instead of anti-depressants , we would have a lot more happy people then.

Well said kruiser, I have given serious thought to speaking to my own GP about suggesting this very thing! Here in the UK the cost of say £1500 for a nice tpe doll would be a lot cheaper than the ongoing cost of some of the antidepressants that are prescribed. Of course they may not be suitable for everyone but when I got my first doll, Sarah, I noticed that my own mood lifted considerably and as my previous job was as a nurse in psychiatry this got me thinking! and the only side effect I can think of is either a bad back if you lift your gal wrong or exhaustion if she doesn't let you sleep at night!

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi zedoh6 and welcome to TDF, this is a seriously cute photo of your lovely gal, will be looking forward to seeing some more pics of her!
Attachments
daydream2.jpg
daydream2.jpg (116.72 KiB) Viewed 2134 times

Muninn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Muninn »

You're certainly not alone in gaining comfort from your doll, Zedoh!

Since having my doll Lynne, I've hardly had a moment where I'm feeling down. Nothing better after a hard day than to snuggle up to her in bed, arms wrapped around her, kiss her goodnight, and then doze off with my face buried in her hair. She does seem to take up most of the bed sometimes, but I've actually been getting some good sleep, rather than having my brain over-analyse the day's events.

So much better than meds!

Enjoy your honeymoon :)
(They/Them)
Companion of the lovely Lyngheiður a.k.a Lynne - A WM153 #85 - now she has a Doll Album!
Say Hi to her on "Dolls Alive"! - Lynne's Page

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

What you do with Eve in her photos is simply wonderful! Very much a pleasure to see.
All the stupid things you said... All the mistakes you made (both real and perceived)...
I'm sure we all feel these things but I have the benefit of a youthful attendance at a school with daily chapel - and that heritage of what I understand as "The Creator" transforms.

Those words "The Creator" I don't use in the conventional sense. It's a process which when understood allows us to work the act of creation ourselves. Matter works together at every level from the subatomic to the atomic, molecular and biological. Working together - forgiving to take away the impediment of us working together - love . . .

So when I feel those problems of feeling the pain of mistakes, that tune comes into mind
"Dear Lord and Father of Mankind - forgive our foolish ways" . . . and the path is then opened in that mantra "Forgive us our wrong steps as we forgive the wrong steps of others" to the route towards creation, creating ourselves.

What is Our Father? Where we came from. Where did we come from? That place in our mind we know, would like to be, paradise. Heaven. Now in this life now. Not when bones in the ground. The source of Life Now is to be worshipped and praised and that mantra gives us the key to its understanding and achievement.

Sacred be the name. What name? The sound of the breath of life. Breath in as if your first breath after a heart attack. Breathe out in full relief and joy that you're alive. In that first breath in that understanding, you're now born anew into a new understanding of life. It's life of the mind, not just of the body and you mustn't say the Name otherwise you destroy its sound - the sound of the breath of life.

May the paradise of our mind be the will of action in our life in the earthly realm. May that paradise be the kingdom on earth.

When perceived in this realm of creation, the texts and ideas so often derided and often not fully understood have so much wisdom, calm to bring, and wipe away those insecurities about what directions our past wrong steps because the route of creating is always open to us.

Our daily bread is food for the mind, not merely the bread we put in our stomachs.

Temptation is that route to take the shortcut which doesn't really hold together with all else that's creating.

Evil? It's only the state of ununderstanding of how to create. We ask to be delivered from that state of ununderstanding and the preceding lines of the mantra give us the route-map of how to do it, to be freed from it. And sometimes that state of ununderstanding is in the people around us, but it doesn't stop us from taking the route of creation, because in understanding we're empowered to do it.

And of course it all comes from Eve. She's been given a bad press for millennia. Confined to the Garden, she opened the man's eyes to the limitations in which they were imprisoned. The story is about freedom, freedom of the mind, and how to escape from the thorns and thistles that try to block our path growing our own crops, of the mind, enabling us to go out and create.

It's wonderful to see your Eve doing exactly that for you!

Apologies for my utter madness :-)

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

INFORMATIONS