www.wmdolls.com

Male Dolls Face up

Devoted to owners and enthusiasts of Male dolls.
poseoasis

Male Dolls Face up

Post by poseoasis »

Hi guys, ever wonder why some male dolls from China usually have heavier face up than their girls counterpart? Those eyeliners are way too heavy and lips color are always too bright for male doll to wear. I really don't understand the reason behind this given their facial sculpt are quite handsome to begin with.

ShadowCat

Re: Male Dolls Face up

Post by ShadowCat »

poseoasis wrote:Hi guys, ever wonder why some male dolls from China usually have heavier face up than their girls counterpart? Those eyeliners are way too heavy and lips color are always too bright for male doll to wear. I really don't understand the reason behind this given their facial sculpt are quite handsome to begin with.
You could ask the vendor/manufacturer if they are able to do custom face-ups. I really like how my doll Luca's make-up turned out. I do have a preferrence for "pretty" boys, but I get that someone else might like something more masculine.
BJD's: 2 Males by Loong Soul, 4 Males by Ringdoll, 1 Male by Dolk
Smartdolls: Alot!
Former Male RealDoll2: Aki (Body B, Nate face)
WM 160 cm Male: Luca (face 78), tan skin tone

elenadonayre

Post by elenadonayre »

I think it's because of the tastes of Asian women.
Either that, or they need to polish that detail.

Jeff
Doll
Doll

Post by Jeff »

Probably the color palettes they are using as well. Mature males need more brown/orange/earthy tones where females and the immature are more peachy/pink. Many faces are really androgynous, but for whatever reason, some of the male doll faces aren't quite there with the masculinity. In addition, there is seldom even a hint of facial hair and too-thin brows.
Man dolls.... because baby dolls come from somewhere!

MellonTester89
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by MellonTester89 »

Jeff wrote:Probably the color palettes they are using as well. Mature males need more brown/orange/earthy tones where females and the immature are more peachy/pink. Many faces are really androgynous, but for whatever reason, some of the male doll faces aren't quite there with the masculinity. In addition, there is seldom even a hint of facial hair and too-thin brows.
Maybe the painters are mainly women and are unsure how to paint a male face as well? Well done facial hair and nice thick brows would look great on a lot of the sculpts they are coming out with now.

Bell-wants
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Bell-wants »

I agree. I've been looking for a male doll and noticed that several look Asian (which isn't my type) and many look like young boys (some even a bit feminine) instead looking like men. I'd love to find one with a nicely trimmed mustache and goatee. Perhaps we should bombard the makers with photos of what a MAN is supposed to look like.

Poradicus
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Poradicus »

Bell-wants wrote:I agree. I've been looking for a male doll and noticed that several look Asian (which isn't my type) and many look like young boys (some even a bit feminine) instead looking like men. I'd love to find one with a nicely trimmed mustache and goatee. Perhaps we should bombard the makers with photos of what a MAN is supposed to look like.
Your right about there being more asian looking dolls, but I think Realdoll might be what your looking for. However they are a bit pricey, but their worth it. I have one and it is very beautiful in sculpt like my DS Doll. I don't like a lot of asian looking dolls also but my DSDoll Leo is the one I love the most to be honest.

INFORMATIONS