www.wmdolls.com

A stinky subject

Devoted to owners and enthusiasts of Male dolls.
Bell-wants
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: A stinky subject

Post by Bell-wants »

I'm glad to see that there are more women coming out of the closet. I love sex... always have, and probably always will ... and I'm old. And will be even older this week on the anniversary of the men landing on the moon. Unfortunately ... now that I'm old ... and men my age remind me of my dad ... I'm even MORE into younger guys... which doesn't happen as much as I'd like. So I have to get a damn doll. LOL.

Bell-wants
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Bell-wants »

manniquin favorite 2.jpg
manniquin favorite 2.jpg (13.38 KiB) Viewed 1620 times
Hey Docsgirl82 here is the TPE doll I'm in love with. Not sure about getting him yet or not.

It sure has been quiet on here.

trauma
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by trauma »

I hated the smell of my RD

I really hate the smell of my TPE

Robert Lloyd
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Robert Lloyd »

Silicone has an odor to me. I am highly sensitive to smells though. I read posts that say silicone doesn't have an odor and it's just not that way for me. It only bothers me a little. It's not bad at all.

Bell-wants
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Bell-wants »

And what about TPE?

Robert Lloyd
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Robert Lloyd »

Bell-wants wrote:And what about TPE?
There are countless posts about "TPE stench." I wonder sometimes if TPE stinks more when it's been melted and remolded. What if your doll is a second generation TPE and it used to be something else? Some manufacturers are now advertising they only use first generation TPE to have a higher quality TPE doll. Some posters complain they can't stand the stench. Others say it goes away over time. It's hard to know what your opinion will be. It might not bother you at all.

Bell-wants
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Bell-wants »

I could image it will. I have a very sensitive sense of smell. I have several dildo's that don't smell bad, except one that I got in here that was soooooooo bad I couldn't even keep it in the house. They insisted I return it instead of throwing it away for a refund which made me very nervous about what they do with returns. Ship them out again used?

Thanks for your info. Yeah I've been getting different takes on the odor. The same with memory foam toppers I've been told to use for one of these dolls. Any suggestions with which brand to chose to avoid that? Perhaps I should ask this question elsewhere.

Robert Lloyd
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Robert Lloyd »

I'm not an expert on TPE stench so I have no idea which dolls smell better or worse than others.
I remember when I had knee surgery and couldn't shower for quite a while post op. Man did I stink. I started smelling every part of my body my nose could reach to see which body part had the worst smell. Humans used to live like that every day. It's only a recent expectation in human history to smell clean and nice every day ;)

Bell-wants
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Bell-wants »

Robert Lloyd wrote:I'm not an expert on TPE stench so I have no idea which dolls smell better or worse than others.
I remember when I had knee surgery and couldn't shower for quite a while post op. Man did I stink. I started smelling every part of my body my nose could reach to see which body part had the worst smell. Humans used to live like that every day. It's only a recent expectation in human history to smell clean and nice every day ;)
Those 'natural odors' turn the oppose sex on. Cave men didn't have deodorants and soaps, etc. Actually, I can't handle a lot of the after shaves men wear. But I just wouldn't be able to cuddle up to a doll that offends my senses.

Robert Lloyd
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Robert Lloyd »

Well...the girlfriend at the time told me constantly how bad my odor was. She definitely was NOT turned on ;)

Bell-wants
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Bell-wants »

Then your pheromones were being shared with the wrong mate. ;)

ShadowCat

Post by ShadowCat »

Hi Bell-wants, nice to see another lady on the forum. I used to have a male Real Doll ( Nate 2, lighter body, silicone) and currently have a WM male which is TPE. It really comes down to what works for you, but here is my experience:

Aki, Realdoll, silicone
I did not really detect any odor. If so, it was slight/not really noticeable to me. Easy to clean. I did like the Nate face. The problem I had with Aki was his weight. He was very difficult to move. I could not lift him without the aid of a machine. He was even difficult to do much with in bed. It got to the point I didn’t even pay him any attention, so I sold him. I was a bit sad because I liked him otherwise.

Luca, WM, TPE
Yes, his odor was quite strong when he arrived from the factory. It has since greatly gone away with bathing, powder and over time. I do still detect it very close up, but it is super faint and doesn’t bother me. I also like to use a little cologne (I put it on the wig). TPE is much softer than silicone. I like how it feels. Aki always felt very stiff to me. Luca is shorter and lighter than the Realdoll. He is much easier to move, therefore can do more in bed. Don’t let the guys scare you about cleaning TPE. Someone already mentioned that cleaning a male is way easier. We do not have to worry about internal parts getting moldy. I just detach the penis, wash and dry. Luca is a bit more maintenance, but I enjoy giving him a bath and powder solves the problem when he feels a bit tacky. I have noticed that the TPE is not as resilient as silicone. I could leave Aki sitting on the couch for days without concern for creases in his skin. Luca stays laying down to avoid that. I am not super concerned about resilience since Luca is not heavily used for sex, (He is fun to cuddle with) but I suppose that might factor into your decision. I do think TPE does not feel as cold as silicone either.

Hope that helps. It does seem the industry is making more males. Realdoll was the only option when I originally purchased Aki.
BJD's: 2 Males by Loong Soul, 4 Males by Ringdoll, 1 Male by Dolk
Smartdolls: Alot!
Former Male RealDoll2: Aki (Body B, Nate face)
WM 160 cm Male: Luca (face 78), tan skin tone

Bell-wants
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Bell-wants »

Thank you for your reply ShadowCat. Yes it was very helpful. Right now I have two mannequins keeping me company ... one can only stand and the other has flexible joints so I have him sitting. No sex, and don't know how that will work but I have to wait to get a bigger bed to find out. I will at least sleep with the flexible one when I get the bed, and until I get the TPE doll. I don't like the odor problem with the TPE but I can't find a silicone one I like. Again ... thank you.

Robert Lloyd
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Robert Lloyd »

Shadowcat, yes you have far less to worry about cleaning only external parts with TPE. The mold risk for TPE is definitely something to worry about with a female doll.

Aerial

Post by Aerial »

AFAIK the health issue with TPE (aka "PVC jelly") is that it consists of a huge quantity of plasticizer oils (formerly phthalate, nowadays may be citrate) that has strong hormone-like effects (anti-estrogenic). That's why there can not be a "medical grade" version of it. These plasticizers are also a perfect nutrient medium to fungus, hence the mould issue. (Even limestone of cathedrals rots by fungus fed by airborne plasticizer vapours.)

I own no dolls of it, but silicone definitely also can have a nasty (somewhat metallic) odour (not the vinegar smell of acetic acid). Decades ago I had badly poisoned myself by breathing through a silicone swimcap over the head, so it may be I got allergic to that stench.

INFORMATIONS