www.wmdolls.com

Wonko's Project

Devoted to owners and enthusiasts of Male dolls.
mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi Wonko,

I see you're working with the SIMMS method.
But not understand 100% how it works.
You put the simms on the silicone, they leave musroom shaped things after being removed.
Do you cut the mould halfway the simms, and after that, when using the mould, reasemble it with the simms?!? (put them on the musroom shaped things again before filling the mould?!?)

mytime
One dream, one mission...

Wonko_the_sane

Post by Wonko_the_sane »

Hi mytime,

that's exactly how it works! This way the mold holds togeher and I hope to minimize the seam. If you have another good idea tell me fast, before I begin to build up the plaster mold! :-)

Greetings,
Wonko :Fade-color
"There was a point to this story, but it has temporarily escaped the chronicler's mind."

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi Wonko,

I think the idea is not High Tech, but I don't see a reason why it won't works.
For creating a few dolls I think this should work.
Abyss were are created lots of them,... may have too much work in assembling such simms molds :lol:.
I think you're busy few hours with assembling your mold!

mytime

Wonko_the_sane

Post by Wonko_the_sane »

Hi mytime,

I don't intend to make a company out of it. It's my own, personal doll. And therefore the mold will not have to stand much stress.
I did it for several reasons:
I have to store the mold. So a really big mold from epoxide, which only consists of two parts (front and back) is no solution for my flat. I already tried an epoxide mold constisting of some more parts, but the resulting seams are annoying. This silicone mold is hopefully combining the advantages.
The other thing is, that I have to apply the PUR for the skin step by step. This is not possible with a rigid mold, because I can't reach the interior this way.

So long,
Wonko :Fade-color
"There was a point to this story, but it has temporarily escaped the chronicler's mind."

Wonko_the_sane

Small update

Post by Wonko_the_sane »

Hi Folks,

I just wanted to say, that there is a small update reagarding the progress of my doll. I just finished the casting of an "experimantal" head.
I molded a head the same way as I did with the whole mannequin to experiment with the materials to learn about their properties and the difficulties that might occour.
I am very pleased with the result! Although in this case I didn't solve the seam problem completely, almost everything else worked fine. (The problem with the seam was very special and won't occur later.)
Here you can see the results:

http://www.geocities.com/enjoy4242/Jere ... age_01.htm

So long,
Wonko :rainbow1:

Ricardo
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: Oregon, Illinois ~ Not quite the middle of nowhere, but I can see it from here ...

Post by Ricardo »

Wonko,

The photographs are stunning! You've made quite an accomplishment, and should be very proud! :D

Congratulations! Looking forward to the next update!
8) 'cardo 8) [i]Champagne wishes and Silicone dreams[/i] :smilecolros:

Wonko_the_sane

Post by Wonko_the_sane »

Thanks Ricardo!

I am really curious about the whole mannequin foam cast and if it is possible to combine body and head.

Have fun,
Wonko :rainbow1:

Franklin

No kidding ....

Post by Franklin »

Crikey!

That is REALLY good!

:wink:

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi Woko,

Your Jeremy head looks great!
hold on Wonko!
Seems the simms do their work very well! 8)

mytime

Little Stewart

Post by Little Stewart »

Hey Wonko,
Your latest update on Jeremy looks really great! Is the skin PUR foam? The interior is no doubt foam, but the skin seem smoother. How firm did the foam end up, rock hard or bread-like?
Thanks for sharing,
Stew

Wonko_the_sane

Post by Wonko_the_sane »

Hi!

The skin is not foam, but an elastic PUR polymer. Usually it is used to make molds. It is elastic, like silicone. It has no bubbles. It's soft... somewere between silicone and latex. More like silicone. But since It is a thin layer of about 2-3 mm it has not the same felling as silicone. You can imagine a not too soft cushion with a foam interior and an elastic, rubber like cover. For me, the feeling is VERY ok :-)
The rubber like felling of the surface can be changed by using talcum powder.
At the moment, I have trouble with the foam interior. The quality is rather bad, so that you can push the foam, but if you pull , it will result in tears VERY easyly. For that reason, the contact between foam and outer skin is very poor. Normaly the contact between the two PUR materials is very good, but that doen't help much, when the foam itself is too weak. :roll:
Now I'm trying to find a better quality of foam.
Parallel to that, I'm trying latex. I am curious of how the foam will hold on latex.
Greetings,
Wonko

mahtek
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by mahtek »

Wonko,

You are quite the artist! Jeremey's head is incredibly lifelike! Great choise of eye color.

Mahtek

INFORMATIONS