www.wmdolls.com

Wonko's Project

Devoted to owners and enthusiasts of Male dolls.
Wonko_the_sane

Wonko's Project

Post by Wonko_the_sane »

Hi Folks!

It's great to have this new place to discuss male doll issues!

Since I could neither afford Nax nor charlie :roll: I decided to create my own doll, which does not have a name jet.
After a lot of experimenting and making two prototypes from mannequins (one male, one female both made of silicone+PUR foam) I think this time the outcome will be satisfactory :D
This time, I intend to make him purely from polyurethane (PUR) and polyurethane foam and therefore he will have similar characteristics of a japanese foamie, although I was never able to see one of them more closely.

On my little website you can see what I have done so far, and what is in progress now. Soon I will make a mold from the whole mannequin.

I would appreciate any comments and suggestions!

Wonko the sane [/url][/list]
"There was a point to this story, but it has temporarily escaped the chronicler's mind."

Ricardo
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: Oregon, Illinois ~ Not quite the middle of nowhere, but I can see it from here ...

Post by Ricardo »

Welcome, Wonko!

It is an honor to have you in the forum. Your work is very admirable and we look forward to updates on your progress! In viewing the photos of your work-in-progress, I have started calling him "Jeremy," what do you think of that name? :wink:

Keep the faith, and keep up the great work!

8) Ricardo
8) 'cardo 8) [i]Champagne wishes and Silicone dreams[/i] :smilecolros:

Ricardo
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: Oregon, Illinois ~ Not quite the middle of nowhere, but I can see it from here ...

Post by Ricardo »

Here is a link to Wonko's photo album, where we can view photos of his progress. I'll most likely re-post certain photos here as well! :wink:

http://www.dollforum.com/modules.php?na ... &cat=11528

This mannequin will be the body model for "Jeremy."

Wonko_the_sane

Post by Wonko_the_sane »

Thank you Ricardo for the warm welcome!

I like "Jeremy". Shall I take a bottle of champagne and smash it agains him? :wink:
I'll be happy to post some pictures from time to time :)

so long,
Wonko
"There was a point to this story, but it has temporarily escaped the chronicler's mind."

Ricardo
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Ricardo »

Wonko the sane wrote:Thank you Ricardo for the warm welcome!

I like "Jeremy". Shall I take a bottle of champagne and smash it agains him? :wink:
I'll be happy to post some pictures from time to time :)

so long,
Wonko
Domestic, or imported? (haha) Sure ... :wink:

Take care and have a great weekend!

8) 'cardo
I Know what boys like

Wonko_the_sane

Some updates

Post by Wonko_the_sane »

I came up with another idea that replaces the zipper. Shims are holding the silicone parts together now.

http://www.geocities.com/enjoy4242/

Greetings,
Wonko

Ricardo
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Ricardo »

Wonko,

The photos look great. Anxious to see how the next casting turns out! Have a great weekend!

8) 'cardo
I know what boys like

Wonko_the_sane

some progress

Post by Wonko_the_sane »

Hi Froods!

The silicone mold of Jeremy is almost finished.
You can watch the progress on my website as usual.
While the silicone cures, which takes at least this week, I have to think about some details regarding the mothermold.
You opinion about my ideas are most welcome! Maybe I should also post in the inventor's corner...

Have fun!
Wonko (the sane ;-) )
:Fade-color

Ricardo
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Ricardo »

Congratulations on all your progress, Wonko!

I enjoy your updates ... can't wait for the unveiling the first Jeremy!

8) 'cardo
I see you shiver ... with an....tici.......................pation! :squarewink: :smilecolros:

Little Stewart

Post by Little Stewart »

Hello Wonko,
Great pics! You need access to the inner chamber for foam filling, right? Do the outer mold segments have to be so short? With so mold pieces, you'll spend precious time reassembling during the foaming, no? Half pieces for each hand, forearm, arm, foot, shin, and thigh might be enough for the limbs. Cut segments from wire coat hangers (cheap, plentiful) could work in addition to the jigsaw puzzle-like patterns. Very cool idea!
Thanks again for sharing your progress.
Stew

Wonko_the_sane

Post by Wonko_the_sane »

You need access to the inner chamber for foam filling, right? Do the outer mold segments have to be so short?
Not for foam filling, but to apply elastic PUR that will later be the skin of the doll. One could also use latex. The foam will be appied afterwards and is first a liquid which will epand shortly after mixing the two components to the actual foam. So the foam-"liquid" could be applied by a flexible tube.

This is what I thought could work:
- I have the two halfs of the silicone mold, front an back side.
- I have all the segments made of hard PUR foam (mothermold).

1) Connecting the silicone mold with the shims, beginning at the bottom with the feet. Only so far, that I can reach all the interior of the feet with a brush.
2) Applying the mothermold.
3) Brushing on the pigmented elastic PUR (or atex).
4) Applying the PUR foam.
---
5) Connetcting the silicone mold with the shims, say until the hight of the ankle. (I must reach the interior with a brush.)
6) Apllying the mothermold.
3) Brushing on the pigmented elastic PUR (or latex).
4) Applying the PUR foam.
---
and so on.

So, the segments for the mothermold are limited in their height. I must be able to reach the interior with a brush, that is what determines the mothermold segment size. You are right, because everything is elastic, I only need two pieces to go around the arm, leg,...
With so mold pieces, you'll spend precious time reassembling during the foaming, no?
I don't think thats a problem, because the building would be as easy as building with LEGO (TM) blocks :-)
Cut segments from wire coat hangers (cheap, plentiful) could work in addition to the jigsaw puzzle-like patterns.
I don't know if I understand. What should I do with the wire peaces? Hm, I could stick them into the foam across one of the silicone borders to reach the other segment and fix it in its position. Just like the brass rods. The advantage is, that I don't have to care where to stick them. (Only to be careful not to make holes into the silicone layers.)

Thanks for your input!

Greetings
Wonko :Fade-color

Wonko_the_sane

New Idea!

Post by Wonko_the_sane »

I have a new idea! :-)

I think this will word best:

Silicone border

Greetings,
Wonko

Wonko_the_sane

Post by Wonko_the_sane »

The doll forum is really very useful!
After I mentioned LEGO, the thought went around in my mind and finaly approached my consciousness :-)
Sometimes you only have to tell others what you are planning to do to come up with new Ideas! :D
I hope I am not violating the patens of LEGO ;-)

Greetings,
Wonko

Ricardo
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Ricardo »

Those aren't LEGOs, those are WONKOs! Hurry down to the patent office right away!!!

8) 'cardo
:smilecolros:

Wonko_the_sane

Post by Wonko_the_sane »

Hi!

The LEGO idea was good, but not good enough :roll:

Some updates on my website!

So long,
Wonko :Fade-color

INFORMATIONS