www.wmdolls.com

RD Skin Samples ... now I'm more confused than ever

Devoted to owners and enthusiasts of Male dolls.
Ricardo
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: Oregon, Illinois ~ Not quite the middle of nowhere, but I can see it from here ...

RD Skin Samples ... now I'm more confused than ever

Post by Ricardo »

I received my skin samples today ... medium, tan, and asian ... they are so similar, I'm more confused than ever.

If you put tan between the other two, medium and asian look the same. Switch them around, and either one looks more golden than the medium. Must be a trick of the light.

Think I'm gonna go with tan. I want him to look hispanic, and I think that will be the best color.

8) 'cardo
The future's so bright ... I gotta wear shaaaaades ...
8) 'cardo 8) [i]Champagne wishes and Silicone dreams[/i] :smilecolros:

EyesGreyGreen

Post by EyesGreyGreen »

I understand your problem, Ricardo. When I received my skin samples it didn't help me much either. It's difficult to imagine what a complete doll with look like based on those samples. In the end I went for medium, which I think is the most natural looking colour, unless you prefer the hispanic type (like you obviously do) or the pale scandinavian type.

EGG

Ricardo
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: Oregon, Illinois ~ Not quite the middle of nowhere, but I can see it from here ...

Post by Ricardo »

Gracias, EGG ...

I really assumed there'd be a noticable difference. Thanks for your input. :wink: Yer a good EGG, don't let nobody say no different! :wink:

8) 'cardo

Sith_Lord

Post by Sith_Lord »

Ricardo,

I don't know if you can tell the difference fom the samples, But the asian does have a slight yellow tint compaired to the tanned. The darkness is identical between the two though.

I must admit I wish Matt had one more shade in between tanned and african for latin/brazillian/indian type of skin tone.
I suddenly realized I\'m living in a dollhouse!

Ricardo
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Ricardo »

Thanks, Sith ... now that you mention it I can see what you're talking about. I think tan is the right choice. This almost makes me wish I'd requested all five samples to compare. The translucence is beautiful, and I love how the silicone feels. Can't wait to have an entire hunky body made out of this stuff to play with! :wink:

8) 'cardo

Mike Johnson
Ex-Member

Post by Mike Johnson »

The tan color is wonderful.

The shades go:

Fair - Goth look

Medium - Natural Caucasian look

Tan - Beach Queen / Hispanic / Indian Look

Asian - well...Japanise, Chinese, etc.

African - Blacks

You just select what you want. For you - Tan is perfect !!!!

For me it was too !!!!

:wink:
Bedroom Eyes

http://www.dollalbum.com/gallery/Red-and-Blue/abw

http://www.dollalbum.com/gallery/album200/aaa

Ricardo
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Ricardo »

Gracias, Miguel! :wink:

8) 'cardo

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

Lighting is everything with those samples. One light, medium appears tan, another cream. In natural light, it has more depth and more of an orange hue to it.

Assuming I got Medium doll, like I ordered, the skin on the doll does not look like the sample. Come to think of it, it doesn't really feel much like it either. They are not helpful.

All that said, I don't think you will go wrong with either tan or medium.
If you want to be absolutely certain, you can order second wig and dual eyes. That way, if experiment does not work out as well as you hoped, you have options.

Like I knew brown eyes worked with head 9. Medium skin tone with blue eyes was a bit of an experiment. I thought I knew what I was doing, but when you spend that much money, there's uncertainty. So I got dual eyes. I've never seen the brown ones, because I'm pleased with the blue. You can get a different wig any time.
<div>So long, and thanks for all the fish!<br>- Douglas Adams</div>

Ricardo
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Ricardo »

Gracias, Ink ...

This is helpful. What I really want is tan with an orange hue to it ... like this skin tone ...

I hope tan accomplishes what medium >almost< accomplishes.

What does the doll feel like >in comparison to the sample<? I love the feel of the sample!

8) 'cardo
I know what boys who like boys like :wink:

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

Harder in some places, softer in others. Some of this seems to be due to skelleton support, other places it seems to be sofer grade of silicone. Doll is cold!

Ricardo
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Ricardo »

Inkling wrote:Harder in some places, softer in others. Some of this seems to be due to skelleton support, other places it seems to be sofer grade of silicone. Doll is cold!
Gracias, Ink ...

Not to worry ... I'll warm him up! He'll be in the waterbed most if not all the time (except for cuddling on the loveseat, photo shoots, and the occasional "cruise" in the old Ford convertible or the new Cadillac). It's good that there are firmer and softer spots, will add to the realism, I would think.

8) 'cardo
Does anyone have any "natural light" (preferably sunlight) photos of a TAN doll?

Corben_99
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Corben_99 »

Ricardo wrote:
Inkling wrote:Harder in some places, softer in others. Some of this seems to be due to skelleton support, other places it seems to be sofer grade of silicone. Doll is cold!
Gracias, Ink ...

Not to worry ... I'll warm him up! He'll be in the waterbed most if not all the time (except for cuddling on the loveseat, photo shoots, and the occasional "cruise" in the old Ford convertible or the new Cadillac). It's good that there are firmer and softer spots, will add to the realism, I would think.

8) 'cardo
Does anyone have any "natural light" (preferably sunlight) photos of a TAN doll?

Hey man, go see my Lara in the matrix, J.R. put her in there. Ole Mike Kelly has her pics on his website. She's in the Tan skin tone. If you put powder on the skin, and take pics, it will really lighten them up.

Nice pic up above, looks like one of my neighbors down by the cattle yard.

You should see those guys in the Gar Stock Pond after work, bathing. They get bare ass naked. I should send you pics. But then, they'd probably drown me, if they saw me taking pictures. hahaha!!!! 8)

Hey they're from Mexico, so what do you expect. So when are you getting your doll?

Ricardo
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Ricardo »

Corbie wrote:Hey man, go see my Lara in the matrix, J.R. put her in there. Ole Mike Kelly has her pics on his website. She's in the Tan skin tone. If you put powder on the skin, and take pics, it will really lighten them up.
She looks fairly pale for tan. I know the flash is washing her out somewhat, but still looks light. Maybe I should consider ordering my doll in african skin tone.
Corbie wrote:Nice pic up above, looks like one of my neighbors down by the cattle yard.
DUDE, HOOK ME UP! >drool<
Corbie wrote:You should see those guys in the Gar Stock Pond after work, bathing. They get bare ass naked. I should send you pics. But then, they'd probably drown me, if they saw me taking pictures. hahaha!!!! 8)
DON'T LET THEM CATCH YOU! :wink:
Corbie wrote:Hey they're from Mexico, so what do you expect. So when are you getting your doll?
If they're from Mexico, I expect to be droolin'! I should get the money from my brother early next week, so when I have ca$h in hand, I can call Matt with my order. I want to have it by Christmas so I'll have to pay the bum's rush ($1500) charge for an 8-week turnaround ... bummer ... but if all goes well I should have my doll by early December. Depends on what Matt has to say, about Face-X, etc. According to Abyss, Face-X hasn't been developed for the male yet.

Toodles for now,
8) 'cardo
I know what boys who like boys like

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

African does not seem to be what you want. If there's a 500 charge or something, I wonder if Matt can mix Tan with Oriental in order to come closer to what you want.

The way to combat washout in photography is to lower exposure by a fraction of a second or to mix corn startch-based baby powder with powder makeup.

Lighting also is a big influence on this.

Ricardo
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Ricardo »

tan and asian are essentially the same "darkness" (not very dark) and i want darker ... and i've never seen an african skin tone on a doll. I wonder if mixing tan and african would do it. I guess I'll just have to to email the photo to Matt and ask him myself. I hope he'll be able to do what I want done. Otherwise I'm not going to order an RD. I don't see the sense in laying out $10,000 (including rush charge plus one option) for something less-than-ideal.

8) 'cardo
I'm soooooooo confuuuuuuuuuused 8O

INFORMATIONS