reallovesexdolls.com

First time owner questions (Clothing/Storage)

Real Love Sex Dolls excels in sex doll design, accessories innovation and the highest in customer satisfaction. The largest seller of TPE sex dolls in the U.S.A, Real Love Sex Dolls is a woman-owned company based in Austin, Texas. You will find everything you need at Real Love Sex Dolls, from the finest in realistic adult TPE & Silicone sex dolls, doll care supplies, doll accessories, and doll storage. Ask us about discounts for TDF Members!
Dubheasa
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

First time owner questions (Clothing/Storage)

Post by Dubheasa »

Hey everybody,

I'm a first time doll owner here and I have a couple questions that I was hoping you all could help me out with. First let me say that without TDF I don't think I would have ever gone down the road of getting a doll. I've been lurking here for awhile and there's such a wealth of information on this site and really helpful people and you all have made the whole experience so much fun, so yeah, thanks.
NOW FOR THE QUESTIONS!

1. This is mostly about clothes, I've done a pretty good dive into the topics to learn about as much as I can about what clothes are good and which ones to avoid; however, I still have one or two specific questions that I couldn't find an answer for. So from what I've learned, avoiding dark clothing that might stain is paramount, but is there any type of clothing that is more or less prone to staining? Cottons/Polyester/Spandex? As I understand it everything needs to be repeatedly washed to get rid of any excess dye in the material. But are certain material types just a no go? I ask because I have a weakness for leggings and as much as I want to have my doll in leggings all day every day, I recognize that that could potentially have some negative side effects i.e. staining, or leaving imprints on the TPE because of how tight they fit. Has anybody else had any experience with leggings on their doll? Would it be all right to have on sometimes just not all the time? Any help would be appreciated. All things in moderation I suppose.

2. Which rolls us into our next question. I've noticed a lot of people utilizing the hangar kit to store their dolls in a closet space. I will probably clear out a space to do the same thing but is it a necessity to store your doll that way or is it purely for convenience/privacy? I'd like to have my doll in my bed as much as possible but is that not recommended? I've read that leaving the doll on it's hangar all the time is bad for it and same goes for leaving it in the bed all day, might stain from the bedsheets or warp the TPE from being on it's back for too long. So it the key to regularly alternate how you store the doll? Or are these all irrational fears I have lol? Again any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

And that's it. for now. probably. I'm expecting my doll to arrive sometime late in the month or perhaps into early next month. And while the wait is pretty killer, it has certainly given me time to educate myself.
Thanks for all the helps guys,

zaxdoll
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: First time owner questions (Clothing/Storage)

Post by zaxdoll »

Surely not the most experienced on the forum but...

After scavenging the forum, i choose to stay on white/clear clothes for my first doll.

I've always cleaned her properly after each use (either photo or play) and store her in her blanket in her box.
The box i received her in was full of memory foam so no problem.
I think (it's only a personnal thought) that if you got a soft matelas (not sure about the word) and a white sheet, you can keep her with you.

I've read somewhere that keeping the doll dressed all the time can imprint forms on the skin, specially if clothes are tight.

Hope it helps.

Dr Dollinger
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dr Dollinger »

Welcome on TDF Dubheasa!

Cotton and wool clothing is less prone to staining. Polyester /Spandex are the usual suspects. ( dark colors - mostly black, purple, red)
But like I said elsewhere, there is no rule for it.
Latex isn't to recommend
I'm a sucker for leggings, tights and stockings as well
Not so much issues with these things, only black could be dangerous. With some black pantyhose absolutely no staining at all other stains like hell
Nylon works great, wool stockings /pantyhose too
Besides they are great looking and feel amazing they protect the legs from tearing easily or damage from carrying. Also additional protect from easy getting pressure marks and catching some dirt
I have no issues with wearing them a long time or even some negative side effects.
My YL148 wears her pink wool pantyhose for almost a year
Best method to store a doll is in my opinion the standing position
Leaving in the bed is great as well. If you change frequently her position, everything is just fine

Like always, the master question is :
What doll did you order and which head did you choose?
We need a new rule here: First tell us who your doll is, then you could start asking questions :mrgreen:
Jazzmine______________________________________________Demona____________________________Druuna

Roona
_

Dubheasa
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Dubheasa »

Thanks for the replies guys! This information is super helpful.
I imagine i'm going to be very cautious for the first couple months with what I dress her in. Would you guys recommend I buy a test piece of TPE to check new clothing with? I've heard people throw that option around but I don't know if it's actually an effective method.

As for the doll I bought, I chose the pre-optioned 163cm H-cup with the 198 Head. So yeah the Jasmine Doll lol. Although I do intend to experiment with different heads and certainly different wigs, nothing against the bob she comes with, just not my style.

Thanks again guys,

Dr Dollinger
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dr Dollinger »

Beautiful doll!
Really love that face

I wouldn't recommend that TPE piece for testing. It's just too small to get an appropriate result

If you get the insert version, I suggest to check your clothes here or to use the back of the head with some pressure (that's what I do)
Jazzmine______________________________________________Demona____________________________Druuna

Roona
_

Sofia dolll
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Sofia dolll »

Stay away from the cheap clothes from China on eBay that sell for a few dollars. Their dark clothes stain like crazy. Rather it be a nighty, lingerie, panties, etc. anything dark made cheap and sold cheap is full of dye. Panties from American stores work best in my view never had a problem with staining

Arokh

Post by Arokh »

Salutations, and welcome to the forums. Looking at your questions, I thought I'd weigh in, and offer my working experiences.
Dubheasa wrote: 1. This is mostly about clothes, I've done a pretty good dive into the topics to learn about as much as I can about what clothes are good and which ones to avoid; however, I still have one or two specific questions that I couldn't find an answer for. So from what I've learned, avoiding dark clothing that might stain is paramount, but is there any type of clothing that is more or less prone to staining? Cottons/Polyester/Spandex? As I understand it everything needs to be repeatedly washed to get rid of any excess dye in the material. But are certain material types just a no go? I ask because I have a weakness for leggings and as much as I want to have my doll in leggings all day every day, I recognize that that could potentially have some negative side effects i.e. staining, or leaving imprints on the TPE because of how tight they fit. Has anybody else had any experience with leggings on their doll? Would it be all right to have on sometimes just not all the time? Any help would be appreciated. All things in moderation I suppose.
From my own experience with stuff made of mostly cotton, staining is a non issue. Even with darker colors. I've bought many a sexy item for my girl that was mostly cotton, and have yet to have an issue with stains left by them. I'm not saying that you should just buy nothing but black cotton undies, or anything. But these types of clothing are the ones you can have her wear with little to worry about. That said, it is highly recommended to pre-wash everything your doll is going to wear. If for nothing other than taking proper due caution. Some items, one run through the wash cycle, and they're good to go. Others, mostly tight fitting stuff made with Spandex, Polyester, Silk, etc. it would behoove you to wash them several times over before your girl gets a chance to sport her new look. Even then, it would be advisable to monitor the areas where her clothes are making contact with her skin. Just to make sure there's no staining going on. Usually, about once every hour is good. If she's not showing any signs of staining within the first 2 to 6 hours of wearing it, then you're probably safe at that point.

As far as tight fitting stuff, in general. I can say: yes. A doll's skin can become imprinted from the constant squeezing of the clothing she is wearing. With lady dolls, this mostly commonly happens around the hips, under the breasts, and the upper & lower back. basically, anywhere there might be a 'strap' of clothing, such as underwear and bras. Two fixes for this.
One: Limit her time wearing tight fitting stuff. Save that form fitting outfit for a photo, or play time.
Two: Swap between tighter fitting stuff and loser stuff. One night she can wear that g sting one size under. The next night, maybe let her sleep in the buff.

On this note, let me spoil something for you right now: Your girl will mostly likely encounter a clothing stain eventually. That being said, this is not as big of a problem as most new owners might think. Smaller stains can work themselves out just from the usual cleaning/maintenance routine. Larger stains can be removed via stain remover cream. Just apply the stuff, let it set, them wipe off with a warm, damp cloth. Here's a video for you to watch in order to prepare yourself for when that inevitable event occurs:
https://youtu.be/JpjGTaYrQEs
Dubheasa wrote: 2. Which rolls us into our next question. I've noticed a lot of people utilizing the hangar kit to store their dolls in a closet space. I will probably clear out a space to do the same thing but is it a necessity to store your doll that way or is it purely for convenience/privacy? I'd like to have my doll in my bed as much as possible but is that not recommended? I've read that leaving the doll on it's hangar all the time is bad for it and same goes for leaving it in the bed all day, might stain from the bedsheets or warp the TPE from being on it's back for too long. So it the key to regularly alternate how you store the doll? Or are these all irrational fears I have lol? Again any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
For the first few months, out of fear of getting caught, I kept my girl in her shipping box (with extra padding), in the closet. After a while, I realized that my family members aren't exactly barging into my room unexpected. So, I moved Claire from the closet to the bed. She now spends a good deal of her time resting there, and I have not had any sort of issue with the bed sheets staining her, or her shape warping. I would still recommend that the linen be thoroughly clean, and changed often (as normal, so no real change). Further, experiment with different sleeping positions. This can be both fun to try new positions, and it keeps her from being in the same spot for extended periods of time. There's already a pretty good topic on this, so I'll leave you the link here:
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... +positions

Congratz, and once again, welcome to the forums.
Meet Claire - 145cm (4' 9") TPE D-cup from RLSD
Claire's Photo Album

Dubheasa
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Dubheasa »

Thanks for all the tips Arokh!

I've got a whole page of notes now lol This has been super helpful though, thanks to everyone who chimed in.
I've only actually purchased one piece of clothing for her in advance of her arrival. It's a simple Calvin Klein bra and panties set. I got it in a large but I'm a little worried it still wont be big enough hahaha I guess that's a good problem to have.

Now I just gotta kill the time till she shows up I guess... any day now...

Nord
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nord »

Even with leggings you can still have a protective layer underneath, like a pantyhose or long janes. My doll always wear white long janes underneath pants, which I feel are better than pantyhose due to slightly thicker material and doesn't break easily.

If the leggings fit as they should, there is only risk of compression marks at the ends, but usually the waist if the doll is much thinner than a real womans, so that area is usually safe unless you find a low cut model or fold it down. Down by the legs you can modify them a bit by making a cut on the backside for example, just to loose the tension of the end a bit.

As for storing, I haven't been using a hook, so I have no experience with that in particular. I have read however that it can have a sagging effect on the TPE and may lose grip on the skeleton over time. This depends of course a lot on what type of doll you have, so the larger and heavier dolls would be the worst. May be worse for some manufacturers than other too due to different methods of manufacturing. There is also the risk of breaking the neck, especially goosenecks, so make sure your doll support this type of storing.

Worst risk with storing the doll in a laying position or always keeping her on her back in bed is the classic flat butt. As other said, one has to keep change the dolls positions regularly. If one has to store the doll laying down then make sure to add support underneath her back and legs, which will raise the butt a bit and take away some of the pressure there.

I think one of the most popular way of storing the doll when not in bed nowadays is just standing up and leaning on a pillow against the wall inside a closet, given that the doll has the standing option. There is of course still the same risks with gravity vs thick TPE dolls, but at least the neck is safe and the head and wig can be left on.
Aio - Sanhui 160cm AIO "Nonoka"
Rei - WM 140cm D-cup #39 & #53
Nymph - DH168 80cm "Shiori"
Ku - DS Ex Lite 163cm "Kayla"
Elva & Alva - 6Ye 65cm #M5 "Mina"

Dubheasa
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Dubheasa »

Hey Nord!

Thanks for the response. So after reading everyone's posts I think i've got my game plan set.
I live by myself so in essence I can leave my doll hangin out wherever I want, and I think what I'm going to do is find two or three places that I like and alternate where she chills during the day. At night I'll keep her in the bed with me, but when I'm at work during the day I'll move her around so as to avoid leaving her in one spot for too long. This will probably take the place of my morning workout as getting this doll around is going to be a bit of a challenge I'm sure hahaha. It'll be fun though, I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks again for everyones input!

The Messenger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by The Messenger »

Hey Dubheasa,
It's been awhile.
How's the honeymoon?
Zenobia - WM163 H-cup - Eye Candy - 10 Week Journal
Mavia - D4E165 I-cup - Eye Candy
BFF!
Instagram

RealLoveSexDolls
Vendor / Manufacturer
Vendor / Manufacturer

Post by RealLoveSexDolls »

Dubheasa wrote:Hey Nord!

Thanks for the response. So after reading everyone's posts I think i've got my game plan set.
I live by myself so in essence I can leave my doll hangin out wherever I want, and I think what I'm going to do is find two or three places that I like and alternate where she chills during the day. At night I'll keep her in the bed with me, but when I'm at work during the day I'll move her around so as to avoid leaving her in one spot for too long. This will probably take the place of my morning workout as getting this doll around is going to be a bit of a challenge I'm sure hahaha. It'll be fun though, I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks again for everyones input!
That's exactly right Dubheasa, changing position often is the key. As long as you don't leave her in one position for too terribly long she'll be just fine. The Closet Bar Suspension Kit from RLSD is intended for LONG TERM storage. Like if you have to go away and leave her for 1-2 weeks or more. RLSD recommends that IF your doll has the standing feet option, you should utilize the CBS Kit along with standing, to take the pressure away from the knees and ankles where they can fold and cause her to fall. This will keep her secure, safe and worry-free for you, while she is left alone (no leaning pillow necessary). Then you won't come home to a doll on the floor. :thumbs_up:

Happy Doll Owning! :multi:
Stacey, Owner of RLSD

Real Love Sex Dolls is the #1 seller of Realistic Life-size TPE Sex Dolls in the USA.
Based in Austin, TX, RLSD is a family-owned company.

The staff at RLSD were terrific in assisting me with every aspect of my purchase. They are committed and passionate about their dolls and their customers. - Timothy D.
RLSD stands behind their product and their service is professional and reliable. I am very happy I chose them. GO FOR IT, its worth it! - Rod E.
My thanks to RLSD, their guidance and knowledge helped me in choosing the right doll for my needs.I will buy from them again in the future, I highly recommend! - Mark Z.

BWheeler1
Former Member

Post by BWheeler1 »

I can attest to what Stacey said, that as long as you change position often she will be fine. I've had my 140 for over 2 years and she hasn't been in her box since she was delivered and has never spent a minute in a closet. Like you, I live alone and have my entire house to myself. I also have a king size bed so my new 156c rests in it with myself and the 140. Never had any problem with flat butt or any other problems from lying in the bed in over 2 years. My sheets are white, so no staining. I would avoid keeping her on her side for too long so you don't run the risk of the shoulder joint on the skeleton damaging the tpe from the inside. It's a matter of all her weight pushing down on a smaller area, and it could pinch the tpe between the metal joint and possibly a bed spring. I keep both of mine lying on their backs, arms to the side.

An earlier post said stains aren't as much of a worry as new owners believe, and he's right. I used a cheap wig on my 140 a while back and when I took it off she had huge black stains on her head. I was so distraught I put a light wig on her to cover it up because I couldn't stand to see what I had done to her lol. Those stains ended up going away completely on their own. But there are stain removers and cleaning methods that will remove just about any stain you get on her.

INFORMATIONS