reallovesexdolls.com

Custom doll creation

Real Love Sex Dolls excels in sex doll design, accessories innovation and the highest in customer satisfaction. The largest seller of TPE sex dolls in the U.S.A, Real Love Sex Dolls is a woman-owned company based in Austin, Texas. You will find everything you need at Real Love Sex Dolls, from the finest in realistic adult TPE & Silicone sex dolls, doll care supplies, doll accessories, and doll storage. Ask us about discounts for TDF Members!
Lothrien

Custom doll creation

Post by Lothrien »

At one point I think RLSD was offering an option to create a customized doll for around $7500, customized as in having a new mold created. Is this still an option or are there any other vendors that are doing this?

RealLoveSexDolls
Vendor / Manufacturer
Vendor / Manufacturer

Re: Custom doll creation

Post by RealLoveSexDolls »

Lothrien wrote:At one point I think RLSD was offering an option to create a customized doll for around $7500, customized as in having a new mold created. Is this still an option or are there any other vendors that are doing this?
WM doll no longer offers this to the public.

The below was pasted from an older thread...
RealLoveSexDolls wrote:
DexterQuest wrote:
PhylTMynd wrote:Looks like they [RLSD] don't offer that option any longer... all traces of it have vanished from their website. :(
I hope this is temporary because of the Chinese New Year + backlog. Someday I would love to do a full custom.
Unfortunately, no, it's not temporary. WM Doll decided it's not worth the (extremely low, for this type of thing) $7500 fee. The decision was cemented by the constant grief they (and we) get throughout the process that's relayed from impatient and often angry customers with unrealistic time expectations (no matter how much it's explained) who assume that it should be easy and fast to sculpt a full-size body and head in clay by hand that looks exactly like their wife, husband or another person of their choosing down to the smallest detail.

You can't blame WM Dolls for any longer wanting to make individual one-off dolls for the public. They make no profit doing it (nor do we), they can't use the mold again in order to recoup the cost and time involved in the initial sculpting, sculpting of revisions, producing the positive required to make the mold, producing the mold and then finally making the doll. Then to top it off, they rarely get appreciation or respect for the artistry involved in creating this work of art, and instead, (relayed through us), are constantly hounded for updates and complaints that it's taking too long and pressed to go faster.

It's really stressful and no fun for anyone.

IMO, If there are any other manufacturers who will/do one-off sculpt and price competitively with WM Dolls, they'll come to the same conclusion eventually.

Sad but true.

Real Love Sex Dolls is the #1 seller of Realistic Life-size TPE Sex Dolls in the USA.
Based in Austin, TX, RLSD is a family-owned company.

The staff at RLSD were terrific in assisting me with every aspect of my purchase. They are committed and passionate about their dolls and their customers. - Timothy D.
RLSD stands behind their product and their service is professional and reliable. I am very happy I chose them. GO FOR IT, its worth it! - Rod E.
My thanks to RLSD, their guidance and knowledge helped me in choosing the right doll for my needs.I will buy from them again in the future, I highly recommend! - Mark Z.

Lothrien

Post by Lothrien »

I can't help but wonder why not just increase the cost to make it worthwhile? Would it be possible to contact them directly about it?

In any case thanks for the information, I appreciate the reply.

ILuvFemsNlingerie
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ILuvFemsNlingerie »

If your going to pay that much for a custom TPE doll might as well get a RD2
My Dolls
Custom SM 168C (will be awhile)
WM 156 C cup (Pink) Upgraded Skeleton
DS 145+ (tan)

Heads: WM #58 (Ce Ce), YL Lori (Dahlia), 6yE N24 (Veronica), SM #55 (Asami), DS April (April), IronTech LP (Lucinda), Matedoll #21 (Cindy), WM #234 (Minka) #363 (Victoria)

All via BCD (Jeff is the man)

CeCe's and friends thread
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 7#p1612387

April's thread
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=89211

curiousswede
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by curiousswede »

I'm curious to know what the timeframe would be for this kind of customized doll? 2-3 months or even longer?

When I get richer I would gladly offer first 5k$ in deposit and then another 5k$ (10k$ total) after completed customized doll for a video game character. I would say, "here's 5k$, you get another 5k$ when done, take your time you need!" And then I might even get another one :P

I mean, getting a doll that looks pretty real to a certain fantasy that you have and that you then can do whatever you want to must be one of the most amazing feelings ever! One of my fantasy characters to be realistically made are: Ahri from League of Legends and D.va from Overwatch.

Both would could use the WM158D as a base for knowing where to start. Height would be 158cm with head. What would be most important are the proportions of legs, torso, waist, hips and breasts. Cup size C or D would suffice to keep things real. What would take the longest time is to get the head as close as possible to that fantasy character while still staying out of "uncanny valley" (or this might not be an issue since it is still a "fantasy" and not something that tries to look like a random realistic human face).

Of course skeleton quality would be awesome and the boobs and the butt would have a different TPE blend that is softer (if that is even possible). Great range of motion including being able to do the squat position and that's pretty much it. Yes! It would also be great if they could also through their contacts in China get the necessary clothing for the characters from high quality clothing makers in China which I would also pay for.

Oh, the dreams! :D

RealLoveSexDolls
Vendor / Manufacturer
Vendor / Manufacturer

ILuvFemsNlingerie wrote:If your going to pay that much for a custom TPE doll might as well get a RD2
It wouldn't be a custom sculpt.

Real Love Sex Dolls is the #1 seller of Realistic Life-size TPE Sex Dolls in the USA.

The staff at RLSD were terrific in assisting me with every aspect of my purchase. They are committed and passionate about their dolls and their customers. - Timothy D.
RLSD stands behind their product and their service is professional and reliable. I am very happy I chose them. GO FOR IT, its worth it! - Rod E.
My thanks to RLSD, their guidance and knowledge helped me in choosing the right doll for my needs.I will buy from them again in the future, I highly recommend! - Mark Z.

RealLoveSexDolls
Vendor / Manufacturer
Vendor / Manufacturer

Lothrien wrote:I can't help but wonder why not just increase the cost to make it worthwhile? Would it be possible to contact them directly about it?

In any case thanks for the information, I appreciate the reply.

Well yes, for a price I'm sure they would! Sam mentioned to me before it would be around $20K.

Unless... they can resell it and it's not just for you only! If you are interested in that contact me directly at stacey@rlsdlp.com and we can make that happen. =)

Lindzee69
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Lindzee69 »

RealLoveSexDolls wrote:
Lothrien wrote:At one point I think RLSD was offering an option to create a customized doll for around $7500, customized as in having a new mold created. Is this still an option or are there any other vendors that are doing this?
WM doll no longer offers this to the public.

The below was pasted from an older thread...
RealLoveSexDolls wrote:
DexterQuest wrote:
PhylTMynd wrote:Looks like they [RLSD] don't offer that option any longer... all traces of it have vanished from their website. :(
I hope this is temporary because of the Chinese New Year + backlog. Someday I would love to do a full custom.
Unfortunately, no, it's not temporary. WM Doll decided it's not worth the (extremely low, for this type of thing) $7500 fee. The decision was cemented by the constant grief they (and we) get throughout the process that's relayed from impatient and often angry customers with unrealistic time expectations (no matter how much it's explained) who assume that it should be easy and fast to sculpt a full-size body and head in clay by hand that looks exactly like their wife, husband or another person of their choosing down to the smallest detail.

You can't blame WM Dolls for any longer wanting to make individual one-off dolls for the public. They make no profit doing it (nor do we), they can't use the mold again in order to recoup the cost and time involved in the initial sculpting, sculpting of revisions, producing the positive required to make the mold, producing the mold and then finally making the doll. Then to top it off, they rarely get appreciation or respect for the artistry involved in creating this work of art, and instead, (relayed through us), are constantly hounded for updates and complaints that it's taking too long and pressed to go faster.

It's really stressful and no fun for anyone.

IMO, If there are any other manufacturers who will/do one-off sculpt and price competitively with WM Dolls, they'll come to the same conclusion eventually.

Sad but true.

It did take 5 months for me to get my doll so.. yes I was pissed at first but as you know I have been very complimentary of you and WM for the job they did since. Sorry I ruined it for everyone one else who has $7000 to drop on a custom doll, now $20K? And you know that you put this off for a month or more before you even started this project, weeks of unanswered email and delays BUT you did pull through after I hounded you a little on this forum, sorry I had to! SO just sorry to see this post again about me! But I did finally get my doll :)

Cubiko
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Cubiko »

I don’t think this post was about you, Lindzee, or that you triggered this reaction from WM - so no reason to worry. :thumbs_up:

WM has made many custom dolls, and the challenge was always the same; too costly, customers uneasy about it taking so long, all that work for one doll, then throw everything away. Nobody ever understood how a mass production company could make a 100% custom face and body for that price. And now we know it was a doomed project (at least for that price).

I have assisted WM on a couple of custom jobs as a consultant and it took 1 year for one doll from start to finish, you were very _very_lucky to get it in 5 months only, that must mean you had top priority or that RLSD really pushed the manufacturer for you. Not even the mass produced dolls that actually makes money for the company get done in 5 months.
The process is far more advanced than many of you think, involving many people and field of expertise. The doll goes through 3-4 stages before it is ready to be made in TPE, clay sculpting being only one of them, and the only one they are willing to show to the public on a regular basis.

RealLoveSexDolls
Vendor / Manufacturer
Vendor / Manufacturer

That was posted as an answer to Lothrien's question... and not at all about you, Lindzee69.

Lindz was one of the last customs doll made, but we had other one-offs customer designs going on at the same time.

WM dolls decision was not made because of you. So please, no worries!

Plus you gave us the rights to reproduce your doll! We think you are awesome!

Kindest Regards, Stacey

Lindzee69
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Lindzee69 »

RealLoveSexDolls wrote:That was posted as an answer to Lothrien's question... and not at all about you, Lindzee69.

Lindz was one of the last customs doll made, but we had other one-offs customer designs going on at the same time.

WM dolls decision was not made because of you. So please, no worries!

Plus you gave us the rights to reproduce your doll! We think you are awesome!

Kindest Regards, Stacey
Stacey - we agreed that you can reproduce the body - NOT THE FACE. I hope that is what you meant. I will resend that email to you where I specifically say this.

RealLoveSexDolls
Vendor / Manufacturer
Vendor / Manufacturer

Yes, that's what I meant! :)

Lindzee69
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Lindzee69 »

RealLoveSexDolls wrote:Yes, that's what I meant! :)
Cool :) Who knows maybe one day I will need another one and thanks for the replacement head - wow the make up is so much better. I have only looked at it a few times in the box as my doll is still in storage.

Lindzee69
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Lindzee69 »

mandos wrote:I don’t think this post was about you, Lindzee, or that you triggered this reaction from WM - so no reason to worry. :thumbs_up:

WM has made many custom dolls, and the challenge was always the same; too costly, customers uneasy about it taking so long, all that work for one doll, then throw everything away. Nobody ever understood how a mass production company could make a 100% custom face and body for that price. And now we know it was a doomed project (at least for that price).

I have assisted WM on a couple of custom jobs as a consultant and it took 1 year for one doll from start to finish, you were very _very_lucky to get it in 5 months only, that must mean you had top priority or that RLSD really pushed the manufacturer for you. Not even the mass produced dolls that actually makes money for the company get done in 5 months.
The process is far more advanced than many of you think, involving many people and field of expertise. The doll goes through 3-4 stages before it is ready to be made in TPE, clay sculpting being only one of them, and the only one they are willing to show to the public on a regular basis.
Thank you for the comment, I did not know this! When I ordered my custom doll I was thinking 2-3 months not 5 so at the time I was very impatient due to many things happening. After receiving my doll I have to say (and have said) that WM did an amazing job and it was defiantly worth the $7K and I did give them rights to reproduce the body so they could at least recover some of this loss.

INFORMATIONS