reallovesexdolls.com

Hi, I just got my first doll from RLSD

Real Love Sex Dolls excels in sex doll design, accessories innovation and the highest in customer satisfaction. The largest seller of TPE sex dolls in the U.S.A, Real Love Sex Dolls is a woman-owned company based in Austin, Texas. You will find everything you need at Real Love Sex Dolls, from the finest in realistic adult TPE & Silicone sex dolls, doll care supplies, doll accessories, and doll storage. Ask us about discounts for TDF Members!
Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Hi, I just got my first doll from RLSD

Post by Mr Franz »

manintehbox wrote:No intention of highjacking a thread, but since furry friends were brought up..

How bad is TPE around animal fur? It is a constant battle in my house to keep it at a minimum
20 lbs Maine Coon Kitty myself. Keep the critters brushed, the house vacuumed and the dolls powdered!
Congrats on your new lady, noxster! Looking forward to seeing some pics. :glou:

manintehbox

Post by manintehbox »

Thanks maddmatter and Mr Franz :thumbs_up: That is a lot of hair...

I really hope your first days are turning out good noxster. I can't wait to see some pics of that gorgeous girl ya got there. :D
heh, wrong button...
I know when my girl arrives home I'll be right in your shoes...

Robert Lloyd
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Robert Lloyd »

RealLoveSexDolls wrote:If you have any pets, do not leave her where they could claw her... cats especially seem to love digging their claws and teeth into TPE.
I wonder why that is, but that was funny to read :)

BWheeler1
Former Member

Post by BWheeler1 »

One of mine likes to lick the TPE skin on my girls. Hasn't done any damage yet. Strangely, he also likes to lick my arms.

As was said, powder works. Pet hair will stick to tacky TPE like glue. But put some powder on it and rub lightly with your fingers, and the hair will clump up and pull right off. Keep her powdered and it won't even stick.

Boobman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Boobman »

BWheeler1 wrote:
RealLoveSexDolls wrote:
If you have any pets, do not leave her where they could claw her... cats especially seem to love digging their claws and teeth into TPE.
/quote]

I'm sure this has happened, I can definitely see it. But mine pretty much leave my girls alone or at the most they lay with them and sleep as if the girls were real humans. This one thinks they are pillows...
Cute, the cat looks pretty close to my female orange Tabby Baby i had for almost 19 yrs that i found as a stray. My cat Sophie learned to tolerate them, to be in the room with them if i am in there too, otherwise she is spooked a bit by them.

Boobman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Boobman »

BWheeler1 wrote:One of mine likes to lick the TPE skin on my girls. Hasn't done any damage yet. Strangely, he also likes to lick my arms.

As was said, powder works. Pet hair will stick to tacky TPE like glue. But put some powder on it and rub lightly with your fingers, and the hair will clump up and pull right off. Keep her powdered and it won't even stick.
You do know the feeling then a cats tongue is like sand paper.

noxster
Former Member

Post by noxster »

RealLoveSexDolls wrote:She has enough oil in her. So unless you are using a harsh soap, or putting her on a substrate that would leach oil from her she doesn't require additional oiling with routine bathing. We recommend https://reallovesexdolls.com/tpe-safe-cleanser/

Mineral Oil will remove any semi-permanent makeup on your doll (labia color, areola color, makeup, eyebrows, etc) which is def not ideal. So if you do decide to oil her and touch those areas or you will have to replace the color.

The main things in keeping her the best she can be to keep her legs together and arms down as to not leave them in a stressed position for any length of time aside from use.

Also keep her off of materials that could leach her oils such as wood, leather, vinyl, etc.

Don't leave her sitting or in any posed position for more than a day or so without moving her, as creasing and indentations will occur. If you need to leave her for longer without moving her, then hang her up so there is no pressure anywhere on her body. (of course with legs closed and arms down... but not tightly so). https://reallovesexdolls.com/sex-doll-storage/

Other than that, keep her clean (making sure to dry thoroughly so no mold grows) and powdered and she will remain in tip-top shape. https://reallovesexdolls.com/premium-renewal-powder/

If you have any pets, do not leave her where they could claw her... cats especially seem to love digging their claws and teeth into TPE.

If you have a standing foot doll, take care to pad her feet (ie; cushy socks and tennis shoes are best) when standing her to protect her feet from getting torn up from the standing screws. We also recommend capping the foot screws with rubber caps. https://amzn.to/2RQ08G7

You also inquired about perfume. RLSD has created a line of TPE safe Powdered Perfumes for your doll. https://reallovesexdolls.com/powder-perfume-make-up/

Happy doll owning! :glou:

If I ever wanted to is it possible have the make-up re-touched on the doll in the future? Can I sit my doll on a shower bench and use a shower-head hose to clean her body? What do I use to cover her neck and feet? Is a bag and a rubber band enough? How do I clean her feet without getting water in the metal part? I am going to order TPE safe cleanser from RLSD before cleaning the doll. The box my doll came in was torn a bit and I am worried the doll might have gotten a little dirty on the way here.

DollQuest
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by DollQuest »

Hi all/RLSD,

I am considering getting one of these dolls from RLSD and would also like to know about the standing foot option and if you can put the feet under water when bathing, etc.
I was under the impression that it was fine to do so but after reading this thread now I'm not so sure. Do you really have to put bags around the feet to keep them dry at all times if you have the standing bolts option?

Also earlier in this thread RLSD mentioned that you didn't need to oil her regularly if you didn't use harsh soap. But I've read elsewhere on TDF that you should apply mineral oil maybe a couple of times a month to properly maintain her skin, and also apply Vaseline on high stress areas. So again, now I'm confused as to whether or not regular oiling actually needs to be done.

I would love to hear from RLSD about this but of course if anyone has real life experience please share!

Thanks!

BWheeler1
Former Member

Post by BWheeler1 »

RLSD will tell you that you don't need to oil her, she has enough oil in her TPE and too much over time will break down the molecular structure of the TPE. What I can tell you is that all three of my girls have the standing foot option, and i wash them in the shower with myself. Two I've had less than a year, but my first I've had three years and have never had any rust problems, her foot bolts are not rusted into the threads, as a matter of fact, they still turn by hand. Not even her joints have rusted and tightened, they're loose from years of movement. I wash them all with the same soap I wash myself, and have never once oiled any of them. As long as you keep their limbs in a neutral position, arms down to the side and legs straight down, like when they're in the shipping box and don't leave the legs spread or arms outstretched too long, they'll be fine.

noxster
Former Member

Post by noxster »

BWheeler1 wrote:RLSD will tell you that you don't need to oil her, she has enough oil in her TPE and too much over time will break down the molecular structure of the TPE. What I can tell you is that all three of my girls have the standing foot option, and i wash them in the shower with myself. Two I've had less than a year, but my first I've had three years and have never had any rust problems, her foot bolts are not rusted into the threads, as a matter of fact, they still turn by hand. Not even her joints have rusted and tightened, they're loose from years of movement. I wash them all with the same soap I wash myself, and have never once oiled any of them. As long as you keep their limbs in a neutral position, arms down to the side and legs straight down, like when they're in the shipping box and don't leave the legs spread or arms outstretched too long, they'll be fine.

That's good to hear I was worried about how to wash her feet...

BWheeler1
Former Member

Post by BWheeler1 »

If you have her standing in the shower, the water isn't going to go inside any higher than the foot plate, if any even gets inside. Check around the bolts periodically and make sure the TPE is still fused to the foot plate. If so, then the water will go no further than the bolts, which are stainless. I'm not sure if the foot plate is stainless, but it does appear to be about 1/4" plate steel, so that's not going to rust away any time soon. I think what others are saying is if you soak her in the tub, you'll get water inside the TPE and around the skeleton. I'm not sure, but I believe the tubing of the skeleton is stainless, not sure about the joints and bolts at the joints. I had Kelsi sitting in water in the tub a few times, and water got inside there and you could hear it squishing around. She had a cut in her knee and the water had gotten in through there. I decided after that not to sit her in the tub, just to use the shower (and, I fixed the cut). No problems with her, and this was probably 2 years ago. One thing I can say is, you know TPE is oily. Which is why any time I've done surgery on Kelsi (had her entire elbow joint and surrounding skeleton exposed for a few inches to either side to rebuild her torn elbow), I have found the metal underneath to be oily also from the TPE. I think this oily coating may have protected the skeleton when water got inside. Would I rely on that and submerge her often? No way, may as well err on the side of caution. But if she got a little wet inside, I wouldn't panic and think she's going to rust away. I'd just get her dry and be more careful. I've been thinking about changing the way I wash them to just using a wash cloth and then drying them, without using the shower. Now that I have three, it's kind of a pain to take them into the shower with me, as I can only do one at a time (plus myself) or I'll empty the hot water heater. If I switch to washing them with a cloth, I can do all three at once instead of one a day.

DollQuest
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by DollQuest »

Thanks very much BWheeler1, great information all around.

I'm curious about the damage to the knee and elbow you mentioned. Was that from normal use/flexing or was there an accident involved? Just curious how much flexing these dolls can take before the skin around the major joints like those start to wear and split, etc.

BWheeler1
Former Member

Post by BWheeler1 »

Well, if you're not careful the skeleton inside will chew up the TPE. But the joints are wrapped before the TPE is poured, so that protects it unless you do what I did and lean her elbows or knees against something hard, like a table. You then pinch the TPE between the metal skeleton and hard surface, and that cuts it. However, if you avoid doing that with your doll, like I have with Sakura and Ji Eun, you won't get this damage. It was 100% my own fault for not being careful.

noxster
Former Member

Post by noxster »

BWheeler1 wrote:If you have her standing in the shower, the water isn't going to go inside any higher than the foot plate, if any even gets inside. Check around the bolts periodically and make sure the TPE is still fused to the foot plate. If so, then the water will go no further than the bolts, which are stainless. I'm not sure if the foot plate is stainless, but it does appear to be about 1/4" plate steel, so that's not going to rust away any time soon. I think what others are saying is if you soak her in the tub, you'll get water inside the TPE and around the skeleton. I'm not sure, but I believe the tubing of the skeleton is stainless, not sure about the joints and bolts at the joints. I had Kelsi sitting in water in the tub a few times, and water got inside there and you could hear it squishing around. She had a cut in her knee and the water had gotten in through there. I decided after that not to sit her in the tub, just to use the shower (and, I fixed the cut). No problems with her, and this was probably 2 years ago. One thing I can say is, you know TPE is oily. Which is why any time I've done surgery on Kelsi (had her entire elbow joint and surrounding skeleton exposed for a few inches to either side to rebuild her torn elbow), I have found the metal underneath to be oily also from the TPE. I think this oily coating may have protected the skeleton when water got inside. Would I rely on that and submerge her often? No way, may as well err on the side of caution. But if she got a little wet inside, I wouldn't panic and think she's going to rust away. I'd just get her dry and be more careful. I've been thinking about changing the way I wash them to just using a wash cloth and then drying them, without using the shower. Now that I have three, it's kind of a pain to take them into the shower with me, as I can only do one at a time (plus myself) or I'll empty the hot water heater. If I switch to washing them with a cloth, I can do all three at once instead of one a day.

Thanks for the info, I was actually more concerned about mold forming around the area where the metal is exposed on the palms of the doll's feet than rust because it can grow and reach out to other parts of the doll. I purchased a bench to keep my doll from being under water, I have some problems with my back so I am using it myself as well.

Here is a photo of the bench I have:

What do you do around the neck area? Any tips for washing the head? I was planning on tying a turkey bag with some thin rubber bands around the neck, but I am still not sure how to get a bag fastened well enough around the bottom of the head to give it a good cleaning. I decided on turkey bags because most Ziploc bags have dyes around the zipper part, I also looked for a material that was similar to what the doll was made out of and also something I'd at least put food in or use medically.

noxster
Former Member

Post by noxster »

I ended up using clear freezer bags instead without color because the turkey bags I bought had writing on them.

INFORMATIONS