reallovesexdolls.com

Some noob questions

Real Love Sex Dolls excels in sex doll design, accessories innovation and the highest in customer satisfaction. The largest seller of TPE sex dolls in the U.S.A, Real Love Sex Dolls is a woman-owned company based in Austin, Texas. You will find everything you need at Real Love Sex Dolls, from the finest in realistic adult TPE & Silicone sex dolls, doll care supplies, doll accessories, and doll storage. Ask us about discounts for TDF Members!
Hexapod
Apprentice
Apprentice

Some noob questions

Post by Hexapod »

Ok, I'll admit that I am sort of posting this to have some post to be "apporved" but there is some purpose.

I just ordered my first doll the other day. I've read a whole lot about how to handle dolls on this site over the last couple days. But I still have a couple questions that I haven't seen answered (or maybe I just haven't found the right threads)

* I've read all 20 or so pages of the TPE maintenance thread using baby oil/vaseline. so I think I'm good on that.
* Are there any furniture materials I need to avoid? I have faux-leather couches/chairs from Ikea, will those either damage the TPE, or will the TPE/oils damage the furniture? I'm considering occasionally just having the doll sit with me while watching movies/playing video games. It won't be for more than say 4 hours at a time. What about cloth chairs? If it's bad, what's the best thing to put down to protect both the doll and the furniture? White towels?
* Are there any clothing materials to avoid? Either things that will damage/stain the TPE, or cause creases, or just be really difficult to put on? I know avoid dark colors, but what about cotton/wool/lycra/etc. (I know leather's bad.)
* When washing/oiling/etc the doll, would it work to set up one of those "chin-up bars" in a doorway to let the doll hang from while drying/absorbing so it's not on a pad that might absorb oils that you want going into the TPE? (And could be used to work out to be able to handle the doll's weight?)

hentai_11

Re: Some noob questions

Post by hentai_11 »

* Are there any furniture materials I need to avoid? I have faux-leather couches/chairs from Ikea, will those either damage the TPE, or will the TPE/oils damage the furniture? I'm considering occasionally just having the doll sit with me while watching movies/playing video games. It won't be for more than say 4 hours at a time. What about cloth chairs? If it's bad, what's the best thing to put down to protect both the doll and the furniture? White towels?

Can't help you much on this question. However I always place the baby blanket, which I got with the doll under her. I bet you will get one of those blankets too.

* Are there any clothing materials to avoid? Either things that will damage/stain the TPE, or cause creases, or just be really difficult to put on? I know avoid dark colors, but what about cotton/wool/lycra/etc. (I know leather's bad.)

Depends on too many variables. I usually test new clothes before I use them on my doll. If you ordered by a good vendor, than you should also get a test piece. Put new clothes on it. Use some weight (I use a 5kg dumbbell) and wait an hour. If you see no stains, than you can use the new cloth for short sessions on your doll, without risking anything.

* When washing/oiling/etc the doll, would it work to set up one of those "chin-up bars" in a doorway to let the doll hang from while drying/absorbing so it's not on a pad that might absorb oils that you want going into the TPE? (And could be used to work out to be able to handle the doll's weight?)

Sounds good, if you have the correct accessories to hang up your doll. ... Now that I thought a little bit more about it, it might not be a good idea. The gravity might affect the oil and it may oversaturate the lower parts of your doll.
I just bought a cheap white bedsheet, which I put under her during oiling and powdering.

Bonus Hint: A fast way to get approved posts is to visit some picture threads and tell the poster how lovely his doll looks.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Depends on what clothes and upholstery are dyed with really. Some stain more than others. Most dolls come wrapped in a soft blanket. I generally use that as a barrier/cushion between them and furniture. Not too much of an issue when they're dressed though.

I haven't had any issues with cotton, wool, nylon, nylon blends or lycra fabrics. Tight clothes, especially textured things will leave creases if left on for long periods of time. Usually work their way out though after a while as do light stains. Tight clothes in general and items that have to go on over the head are more difficult to put on than clothes with buttons and zippers. Some folks split t's up the back and refasten them with stick-on velcro to make dressing and undressing easier.

I've never hung my doll up, though some people do. I ordered the standing foot option so I just stand mine to clean, oil, powder and dry. Usually standing on a large plastic trash bag.

Hexapod
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Hexapod »

hentai_11 wrote: Now that I thought a little bit more about it, it might not be a good idea. The gravity might affect the oil and it may oversaturate the lower parts of your doll.
I was thinking that hanging during oiling would be easier and prevent oils from soaking into towels/sheets instead of into the TPE, but you make a good point, I hadn't thought about that! I bought a couple big fluffy white towels and sheets today that she can lie on during cleanup/moisturising.

I appreciate the furniture/clothing materials notes from everyone, even if it is not at all definitive. I know there's a lot of variables with any clothes or materials, but just wanted to know anything I should consider to be radioactive in regards to TPE and absolutely should not allow contact, or materials that are just too difficult to work with in regards to dressing. The more I read the more I worry about how fragile the dolls seem and don't want to make any catastrophic mistakes. I'm thinking that I'll stick to simple, loose, white clothes for general sitting/hanging out, and only do more colorful/elaborate clothes for occasional pictures and such.

INFORMATIONS