reallovesexdolls.com

New doll buyer with a couple of questions.

Real Love Sex Dolls excels in sex doll design, accessories innovation and the highest in customer satisfaction. The largest seller of TPE sex dolls in the U.S.A, Real Love Sex Dolls is a woman-owned company based in Austin, Texas. You will find everything you need at Real Love Sex Dolls, from the finest in realistic adult TPE & Silicone sex dolls, doll care supplies, doll accessories, and doll storage. Ask us about discounts for TDF Members!
dmlover
Apprentice
Apprentice

New doll buyer with a couple of questions.

Post by dmlover »

Hey every one.

Recently found out about these "high grade" dolls and was interested in purchasing one. However... after reading stuff on care/maintenance I became a little hesitant. Also unsure about the vendor(RLSD). Some of their email replies seemed a little robotic.

My main questions after going through threads are:

1. Oil baths are just rub downs and not submerged in several feet of oil in the bath, right? And for that I need baby oil(mineral oil with little additives) and maybe Vaseline applied to high traffic/tension parts then powdered.

2. RLSD offers a cotton bag to put over the doll when it's hanging and a "care" kit. I'm wondering if either of those are worth the extra money or if I'd be better off getting something else.

3. Do I actually bring the whole doll into the shower with the head on or off(site says off, but the 20 page said other things)? And is soft soap okay or a specific kind of within that brand? And can I wash the wig in the sink with any shampoo or is that another thing that needs a specific brand?

4. I assume I'll need to shower the doll after I receive it before using it as well as apply the oil/powder after or am I mistaken?

Apologies for asking so much, but spending a several grand on a doll I'd like to keep it well kept and tear free for as long as possible. Any help is appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Re: New member/doll buyer with a couple of questions.

Post by Anung Un Rama »

dmlover wrote:Hey every one.

Recently found out about these "high grade" dolls and was interested in purchasing one. However... after reading stuff on care/maintenance I became a little hesitant. Also unsure about the vendor(RLSD). Some of their email replies seemed a little robotic.

1. Oil baths are just rub downs and not submerged in several feet of oil in the bath, right? And for that I need baby oil(mineral oil with little additives) and maybe Vaseline applied to high traffic/tension parts then powdered.

2. RLSD offers a cotton bag to put over the doll when it's hanging and a "care" kit. I'm wondering if either of those are worth the extra money or if I'd be better off getting something else.

3. Do I actually bring the whole doll into the shower with the head on or off(site says off, but the 20 page said other things)? And is soft soap okay or a specific kind of within that brand? And can I wash the wig in the sink with any shampoo or is that another thing that needs a specific brand?

4. I assume I'll need to shower the doll after I receive it before using it as well as apply the oil/powder after or am I mistaken?

Apologies for asking so much, but spending a several grand on a doll I'd like to keep it well kept and tear free for as long as possible. Any help is appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.
:D Welcome new member dmlover, here are some handy starters links for you too....

Newbies Welcome Page

Member Introductions

So who wants to answer the new members questions?

Cheers Anung :thumbs_up:

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

dmlover
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: New member/doll buyer with a couple of questions.

Post by dmlover »

Anung Un Rama wrote:

:D Welcome new member dmlover, here are some handy starters links for you too....

Newbies Welcome Page

Member Introductions

So who wants to answer the new members questions?

Cheers Anung :thumbs_up:
Thanks for the welcome. If I posted this in the wrong place let me know and I'll redo it properly. I figured since some of my Qs were related to RLSD it would fit here.

Apologies for any hassle.

Hexapod
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: New doll buyer with a couple of questions.

Post by Hexapod »

I'm new and in the same position as well, so take my input with a grain of salt (and probably read the links posted in the above post), but I've been doing my research so here's what I can say. I would still recommend reading as much as possible first. There's a ton of advice on this site, but it is sometimes hard to find because it is spread around the 100 or so separate subforums. :D

1) Yes, "oil bath" is just rubbing mineral oil all over the doll. It does not involve filling a container/bath with oil and submersing the doll in oil (god that would be stupidly expensive and messy!)
2) I'm not sure, it probably depends on your storage plans. I am planning to hang my doll in a closet when not in use/when I have guests. I figure the bags will help keep it dust-free/clean if there's any extended storage, also act as an additional means of hiding the doll. But they do seem expensive for what they are. You could probably buy some cloth and make your own for a fraction of the price. It seems like a lot of people store the doll in the box it came in and that wouldn't require the hanging covers. I did get the care kit as well just to have some recommended materials until I'm more comfortable with the realities of doll ownership and maintenance.
3) I have as much experience as you, and have read the same 20 page thread (I think) so won't comment.
4) I've seen the people from RLSD say in this subforum that it is not necessary, but most everyone else says it's a good idea to do a regular wash/dry/oil/powder upon delivery, and that's what I plan to do. Seems like you might not have to do the vaseline/nivea on the high traffic areas at first. I figure that even if it is not necessary, it probably won't hurt (and gives you practice for what you'll need to do on a monthly basis right off the bat.)

dmlover
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by dmlover »

Hexapod wrote:

I'm new and in the same position as well, so take my input with a grain of salt (and probably read the links posted in the above post), but I've been doing my research so here's what I can say. I would still recommend reading as much as possible first. There's a ton of advice on this site, but it is sometimes hard to find because it is spread around the 100 or so separate subforums. :D

1) Yes, "oil bath" is just rubbing mineral oil all over the doll. It does not involve filling a container/bath with oil and submersing the doll in oil (god that would be stupidly expensive and messy!)
2) I'm not sure, it probably depends on your storage plans. I am planning to hang my doll in a closet when not in use/when I have guests. I figure the bags will help keep it dust-free/clean if there's any extended storage, also act as an additional means of hiding the doll. But they do seem expensive for what they are. You could probably buy some cloth and make your own for a fraction of the price. It seems like a lot of people store the doll in the box it came in and that wouldn't require the hanging covers. I did get the care kit as well just to have some recommended materials until I'm more comfortable with the realities of doll ownership and maintenance.
3) I have as much experience as you, and have read the same 20 page thread (I think) so won't comment.
4) I've seen the people from RLSD say in this subforum that it is not necessary, but most everyone else says it's a good idea to do a regular wash/dry/oil/powder upon delivery, and that's what I plan to do. Seems like you might not have to do the vaseline/nivea on the high traffic areas at first. I figure that even if it is not necessary, it probably won't hurt (and gives you practice for what you'll need to do on a monthly basis right off the bat.)
Thank you for your own experience/tips. I've read that people have actually submerged it which is why I was curious. Lots of conflicting info out there so I can't possibly know from never owned one. My biggest issue is showering with a doll with only a shower head and faucet head. Not sure how I'd protect the neck/hole from water and that's one of my biggest issues in buying one at the moment. Especially due to the weight of it. Like you said there's a lot of info, but finding it is the hard part.

Hexapod
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Hexapod »

dmlover wrote:My biggest issue is showering with a doll with only a shower head and faucet head. Not sure how I'd protect the neck/hole from water and that's one of my biggest issues in buying one at the moment. Especially due to the weight of it. Like you said there's a lot of info, but finding it is the hard part.
My plan for that is I got some small wastebasket garbage bags, and I'll cover the neck and feet and use duct tape (being careful to not get the sticky bit on the skin) to seal it off.

Hungry Bear
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Hungry Bear »

Plain mineral oil is what I use, no additives, no scent. I use a shower chair and a small pail of mild soap and warm water, and microfiber covered sponge. Tape over the neck hole with masking tape, leaves no residue. Shower head on a flex line for rinsing. Lay her on bed with big white beach towel to dry, and powder. Oil not always necessary. Nivia on lady bits arm pits Environment will play a part in how much moisturizer ya need. Oh, oil removes factory makeup, be careful. It is also good for spot cleaning, or stains. Don't panic!
It is okay to feed the bear! In fact, it is highly recommended! Just be sure to count your fingers afterword.

INFORMATIONS