sexyrealsexdolls.com

Bill - Founder and King of the Hill - First in our Legends

A place where The Doll Forum honors those that have made major contributions to the forum community.
TDF_Management
Staff
Staff

Bill - Founder and King of the Hill - First in our Legends

Post by TDF_Management »

This is the first in our Legends series of posts. Some may not actually be legends, but anyone appearing here is someone who has worked above and beyond the call of duty in contributing to TDF's success story. If they are no longer livign you will find them in the memorials section. Of course there are many volunteers that contribute to the running of TDF and all are valued contributors.

Bill founded TDF July 4, 2001, a fitting date for what started as a small group of love doll owners (mainly Realdoll & inflatables) and grew to over 32,000 members. Bill is especially well known for his easy going nature and open arms policy welcoming everyone to TDF. This has been one of the key elements in TDF's success.

With a desire to spent more family time and no longer able to dedicate the time and resources to the running of a much larger TDF than what it had started out as, Bill finalized a 6 month planning and negotiation period into a shift of ownership in August 2009. The Doll Forum is now under the ownership of CoverDoll, which is the Doll Community's only eZine started in 2000 by another TDF founding member, Kharn. Kharn has two working partners as well - Midiman and Incrediwagon. Bill's biggest concerns in the shift of ownership were that TDF maintain its grass roots 'open member based' forum and pro consumer stance.

Bill still has his foot in the door of TDF as an administrator and his management posts still carry much wisdom and weight. He is one of the most respected 'seniors' in the community and a good role model for those seeking to have a moderator or other staff position at TDF.

stacy718
Photographer
Photographer

Re: Bill - Founder and King of the Hill - First in our Legen

Post by stacy718 »

Bill is the MAN!

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pygmalion2 »

Gosh Bill , you're a legend!
I've always enjoyed your comments and dry sense of humor. :wink:

Mark and the Synthetiks
<em>I know the good artist</em>

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

Bill, you have always been my role model even though I fail hopelessly to emulate your behavior :(

You remind me of a skilled woodsman, Dode, I once worked with. We were clearing land and I cut into a bumble bee nest with my power saw. Bumble Bees are generally pretty docile ... until you cut their home in half. Dode, was standing about 5 feet away. He said stand very still and you won't get stung. After a few seconds, with Bumble Bees flying around my face and body, my nerves got the better of me when I saw them landing on him, I swatted them off and I took to running....towards the truck. In the process I was stung 6 times. While I sat in the truck staring at a window holding back the angry bees, Dode, quietly walked in the other direction away from me and the swarm. He had no stings :)

Bill, I don't know how you do it. You stand fast, and take it all in stride. You never lose your cool. I truly admire your for it. If all TDF memebrs had your temperament - including me - TDF would be the most peaceful forum on the internet.

I salute you.

Midiman
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

midiman wrote:Bill, I don't know how you do it. You never lose your cool.
Yep, I also still wonder about that. My newest theory is :
Must be because "retirement is good" :P

midiman wrote: Bumble Bees are generally pretty docile ... until you cut their home in half.
Eh, yeah LOL... go figure y :?

Paleonaturist
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Paleonaturist »

Having been here on and off almost since Bill and Jerry founded this place, and watched it grow into the community it is now, through good times and bad, I can honestly say that, in my small opinion . . .

You done good, Bill - you done good.

Thank you.

~Bruce
"Plays with dolls"

This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty.

dwhite601
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dwhite601 »

This is one of favorite places to hang out. Thanks, Bill.
See my girls Image

hanuman37
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by hanuman37 »

To be honest, I don't know Bill very well... but I know what he created, and value it enough to have hung around for 3 years. Never heard a bad word said about him either, which is something few of us can claim.

Thanks, Bill!

:glou:

janesays
Ex-Member

Post by janesays »

Thankyou for starting this forum Bill. This forum opened my eyes up to the world of dolls and has enabled me to make an educated purchase and an education on how to take care of dolls properly. Thankyou for creating something that has made so many people happy. It is a real privilege to belong here. You rock!!!
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

midiman wrote:
Bill, I don't know how you do it. You stand fast, and take it all in stride. You never lose your cool. I truly admire your for it. If all TDF memebrs had your temperament - including me - TDF would be the most peaceful forum on the internet.

I salute you.
I salute THE Man, too. :) Well said, midiman.

I don't really know him, he doesn't really know me, but this forum has been a tremendous benefit and value in my life. I love hanging out here. Many good things have happened to me here, and many good people here, and of course, beautiful dolls of all kinds, types, and brands are here!

Bill, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for this wonderous place!

RaDiv
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RaDiv »

All doll manufacturers should have a portrait of Bill in their office.

As THE MAN sez: Life is Good.
She told me to come but I was already there

raysmod
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by raysmod »

Bill is a very unassuming man with a wry sense of humor and wisdom to match- ideal for a leader.
Traceter and me have bonded. It happened quite magically when I looked into her eyes about 8 0'clock this evening; 12th August 2020. She looked at me, and even seem to regard me. No longer did she look through me or past me. Just like in AI, Traceter has imprinted herself on me. And how I welcome, SO MUCH, this!

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

/hats off to Bill

I joined TDF about a year after Bill created this place. Bill and TDF have had a profoundly positive impact on my life. Ever since I found TDF, I would turn to TDF for a form of solace. There have been many good times and many sad times over the years, but I can honestly say that I have become a better, happier person thanks to Bill and TDF.

Thank you, Bill.

D.A.
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

Holy crap! I thought Bill had passed away for a minute there.
8O

:idea: How about splitting memorials and legends into separate forums/topics? Could be less confusing...
:-?

INFORMATIONS