betterlovedoll.com

can i sell a doll but only have local pick up?

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
johnwick55

can i sell a doll but only have local pick up?

Post by johnwick55 »

this might be a dumb question. at some point in the near future i'm probably going to try to sell my doll. but i'm not able to ship it, so can i make a post on the "buy and sell" page but only for local pick up? do i have to be able to ship to sell a doll here?

Zang
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Re: can i sell a doll but only have local pick up?

Post by Zang »

When you're selling a doll here on TDF, you're free to specify local pick up only in your sale ad, no problem. 8)

In other words, if you can't (or don't want to) ship the doll, you don't have to pack and ship it.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

As Zang said, you don't HAVE to ship your doll and can specify local pick up. But I would advise doing whatever you can to ship her as doing so will allow you to get her sold faster and for a lot more money.
There are two major problems with the local pickup option:
1) There would already be a limited number of forum members within driving distance of your location. (This would be an even bigger problem if you live in a rural or remote area)
2) Any members who live close enough to do a local pick up might not be interested in the particular doll that you have. So you would have to drop the asking price extremely low to encourage them to get up off the money.
In fact, you would have to lower the price so much that you would be giving her away. And even then it could take a really long time to make a sale. I know one guy who had a really nice doll for sale at a great price who had been trying to sell her for two years because he couldn't ship. In fact, she may STILL be for sale as far as I know.
So the moral of the story is that it's really worth the extra hassle to do whatever you have to do to offer a shipping option.
If you absolutely positively can't do that, then I guess you will have no other choice than only offering local pick up.
But at any rate, good luck! :glou:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

netwit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by netwit »

There is also the issue of safety; it is a expensive purchase and a good opportunity for nefarious acts.

Best to meet in a mutually agreed to area, but if it is too public, then you risk people seeing the doll

...............I'd hit dat
Remembering Jenna

johnwick55

Post by johnwick55 »

thanks for the info, guys. i know that only selling locally will mean a lower price, but i really do not have the ability to get a crate made and try to organize shipping for an item so huge. i'm going to try to sell it sometime in october so hopefully it works out.

INFORMATIONS